Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Crank Brothers headset, experiences?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Looking for a low stack headset, I think the CB models are about as low as they get, yes (for a non-integrated unit)? Anyone have any experience with them? What's the difference between the Iodine and Opium versions? I know one's 'all-mountain' and one's DH, but what's the actual differences? If I'm going to be using a triple crown fork (E150), should I just plump for the DH model? Any other headsets you'd suggest for my situation?

cheers chaps, appreciate your help as always 😀

heihei

Got one of the all-mountain ones on my 5-Spot. Seem ok, nice low stack. Bit tricky to fit as there is very little metal to get a headset press onto, so suggest shop fitting.

psychle
    Free Member

cheers heihei… CRC have the SL version of the Iodine on sale, so might go with that. I was going to get a shop to fit my headset, as I don't have a press 🙂

tangobravo
    Free Member

Great untill you want to change the bearings, then you have to bin the whole thing

2pure
    Free Member

Hi tangobravo, not exactly true. Although we do not have replacement bearings available for sale at the moment we can replace bearings here if it needs doing. No need to bin any Crank Brothers products as everything is rebuildable.

cheers
    ran

psychle
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, in the end I've gone with the Sage SL version, I figure the extra burliness can't be a bad thing 🙂

cheers 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers headset, experiences?’ is closed to new replies.