Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • CRC: crap service! + anyone want some money off…
  • bonj
    Free Member

what a complete farce CRC’s “fast track returns procedure” is.
    You’re apparently supposed to be able to order a replacement of something you’re sending back before they receive it, in anticipation that you can get a refund once they do receive it, right?

Wrong.

I tried to use this method to replace a blackburn mars 4.0 which has completely *packed up* after only 3 months, and ordered a new light which cost more, and asked for a refund for the original one.
    But now, they won’t give me a refund – apparently I’ve got to have vouchers. Which I can’t use for the new light ‘cos I’ve already ordered it!!
    When I complain about this, all they do is recite policies and procedures. The fact I’ve spend thousands there over the years is seemingly of no interest to them.

I could go through the farcical procedure of sending the new light back and ordering it again with the vouchers they’ve given me, but why the bloody hell should I have to?
    Because they don’t give a toss about resolving this issue to my satisfaction, I was wondering if anyone on here wanted anything worth about £17.99 or just over, that I could order for you using the voucher and then you could send me the amount less a couple of quid when you get it? Please email me if you do.

dotbike and merlin seem to have a lot more personal service so I’m thinking i’m going to be ordering from them in future. CRC – just don’t bother! they’ve got FAR too big for their boots. don’t give a stuff about customers, all they want to do is make money and if they piss off customers in the process, so be it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How long before someone mentions Brant?

Oh. {avoiding the swear filter will get you suspended for 2 days next time – Mod}

wwaswas

“You’re apparently supposed to be able to order a replacement of something you’re sending back before they receive it, in anticipation that you can get a refund once they do receive it, right?”

once you receive, but *before* you use it – i.e. new kit they can put back on the shelves.

It’s not for warranty claims.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

bugger – just spent £15 there!! How much to buy em off you?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

As above- its not designed for warranty returns- you are not entitled to a refund straight away- the manufacturer has a chance to repair (or replace, and finally refund) first.

From the CRC returns page:

The Fast Track Return Option can only be processed on new items for exchange and does not apply to faulty, damaged or warranty inspection items.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

The fact I’ve spend thousands there over the years is seemingly of no interest to them.

You are no more important than a customer who is making their first purchase, or who spends £100 a year with them. Just because you splash the cash doesn’t mean you should get better service.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ooops, bonj mis-read the site…. Bad luck!

grumm
    Free Member

self-pwned – I believe the kids would say 😛

bonj
    Free Member

ok, maybe it is only for new items for exchange, yes you’re right i did fail to read the reams of text somewhere buried within the small print of which may state this clause.

BUT, the main point i’m trying to make is that i could just send the new one again and order it again using the vouchers, which would, do you not agree, be a complete farce!!!??
    Someone please tell me what is the point of an envelope being carried across the sea with the express intention of being sent straight back again just because policies and procedures must be followed…
    the end result would be EXACTLY the same if they just gave me my money back, just without wasted postage charges.

I put this on the new order, but they were quite happy not to bother pointing that out to me then before taking my money.

maybe i didn’t read the site properly and they have got me bang to rights, but being ‘banged to rights’ isn’t really what i want when i go and order something online. Just leaves a sour taste that’s all, the fact that they could sort it amicably to my complete satisfaction without ANY skin off their nose at all but they won’t.

bonj
    Free Member

however, the offer is still open for anyone that does want something worth just over £17. I’ll give you £1.50 off as that’s what it would cost me in postage to send the new light back to CRC.

Drac

I want it my way wahhhhhhhhhhhh!

bonj
    Free Member

racing_ralph[i]bugger – just spent £15 there!! How much to buy em off you?[/i]

I don’t think you can transfer the vouchers, best if i order something for someone and they pay me when they get it.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

chillax

grumm
    Free Member

Or, you could just accept that you made a mistake, wait til you next need something from them, and stop whining.

Offroading
    Free Member

Well i just had a nice call from them to say my warranty returned item is on it’s way for repair FOC.

Im happy 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The Fast Track Return Option can only be processed on new items for exchange and does not apply to faulty, damaged or warranty inspection items.
    The original items must be returned within 21 days of receipt.
    Goods must be in original packaging.
    Goods must not be fitted or used.

Seems perfectly straight forward and clear to me.

What’s the problem?

Oh, didn’t read the process properly.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I’m not keen on the “arrh I see you’re paying with vouchers so we’ll take the money out of your account anyway” approach. MerlinCycles here I come!

Gary_M
    Free Member

If their system follows a process then it’s not easy to just do something different. There are probably all sorts of stock control issues involved and if they don’t follow the process for one person then everyone would expect individual service.

bonj
    Free Member

What’s the problem?

Oh, didn’t read the process properly.

my problem isn’t with the process, it’s with their complete inflexibility and unwillingness to avoid me having to go to the rigmarole of sending something back that i’m then going to order again. Anyone with a remote amount of common sense would see the logic in this.Which you’d know if you’d have read my second post.

bonj
    Free Member

If their system follows a process then it’s not easy to just do something different. There are probably all sorts of stock control issues involved and if they don’t follow the process for one person then everyone would expect individual service.
    yeah but they *used to* be able to offer an individual service Gary, that’s why i’m whinging that they’ve got ‘too big for their boots’. There are shops out there that DO offer an individual service, so while I fully admit I don’t have the right to expect one, but if I can get one from somewhere else, then as far as i can tell crc are uncompetitive inthis regard.

Drac

Ah so your complaining that they wouldn’t make an exception for you, guess my first reply was was right then.

coffeeking
    Free Member

then as far as i can tell crc are uncompetitive inthis regard.

While I feel your self-inflicted pain, look at it from their side – You screwed up. You want the personal service that has to be (to some extent) automated out for the majority of normal orders to progress without a problem and with instant shipping. So in essence, you bought from them because you wanted something cheap and fast, because their system allows it and was designed that way, but when you have a slight issue you complain about teh system you wanted in the first place?

Not trying to wind you up, I can see it’s annoying and I’d probably be miffed too, but I wouldnt come on a public forum and moan about my mistake not being rectified by them.

Gary_M
    Free Member

‘There are shops out there that DO offer an individual service’ Well if you want individual service go to those shops and pay more money. I can see your frustration but if you look at it from a business point of view then it makes sense to follow the process. Generally there service is very good, I can’t fault CRC.

joe1983
    Free Member

Bonj looks to me as though CRC are completely within their rights to offer vouchers, and that it would make complete sense to allow you to use it off your purchase. Couldn’t you just cancel the order then re-order or has it already been dispatched?

nickname
    Free Member

The new CRC adverts on this site bother me. They look a bit apocalyptic 😕

bonj
    Free Member

Ah so your complaining that they wouldn’t make an exception for you, guess my first reply was was right then.

exception? it’s not exactly dificult. come on, it’s not exactly as if they get swathes of people wanting to do this every day surely.
    all it takes is for them to understand the common sense of what i’m saying and to do a few key presses and that’s it.

grumm
    Free Member

my problem isn’t with the process, it’s with their complete inflexibility and unwillingness to avoid me having to go to the rigmarole of sending something back that i’m then going to order again. Anyone with a remote amount of common sense would see the logic in this.Which you’d know if you’d have read my second post.

You don’t have to send something back that you then order again – you just have to keep the vouchers and spend them on something else at some point.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Look at it this way, you spend thousands with them – you’ll easily spend the vouchers in the next few months!

Drac

exception? it’s not exactly dificult. come on, it’s not exactly as if they get swathes of people wanting to do this every day surely.

No most people probably understand terms and conditions but those that don’t shouldn’t expect the terms to change to suit them.

bonj
    Free Member

While I feel your self-inflicted pain, look at it from their side – You screwed up. You want the personal service that has to be (to some extent) automated out for the majority of normal orders to progress without a problem and with instant shipping. So in essence, you bought from them because you wanted something cheap and fast, because their system allows it and was designed that way, but when you have a slight issue you complain about teh system you wanted in the first place?

Not trying to wind you up, I can see it’s annoying and I’d probably be miffed too, but I wouldnt come on a public forum and moan about my mistake not being rectified by them.

It’s not the system i wanted. I’d rather pay a bit more for a more personal service, I – obviously foolishly – thought CRC were still capable of this.
    I’ll not be going there again, i’ll either order from somewhere smaller with less automated procedures that are capable of exhibiting common sense, or better still i’ll just print out CRC’s page, walk into the LBS and say “order me one like this please”, and then go in there the next week and buy it off them where they know my face.

bonj
    Free Member

ou don’t have to send something back that you then order again – you just have to keep the vouchers and spend them on something else at some point.

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO #
    coffeeking – Member
    Look at it this way, you spend thousands with them – you’ll easily spend the vouchers in the next few months!

but i can’t think of anything i want now, I’ve spent loads getting my bikes exactly how i want them but now that they are I can’t think of anything i need to buy.
    that’s why i’m offering anyone else if they want to benefit from them.

Jenga
    Free Member

Sorry Bonj, you fessed up and that’s nobody’s fault but yours. You seem to think that everything should be arranged to suit your particular needs. Sorry, but life ain’t like that. You come across as a selfish spoiled kid who throws a tantrum because he can’t have his favourite sweeties.

Time to move on.

Gary_M
    Free Member

But you just said you were going to use somewhere else to buy stuff in future.

Anyway what you should have done is order the new light, then send the broken one back.

You’re asking crc to apply common sense, which is clearly something you seem to lack.

OrangeRetro
    Free Member

Hmm blaming CRC for a faulty light, that by rights they should at least be allowed to check over before even sending you vouchers. Face it, you can’t have an instant service with warranty claims, anywhere!! I have the same service if I go to my LBS. They have to send the item back to the manufacturer for possible repair prior to replacing it. You can’t have everything. Sometimes you just have to wait!

bonj
    Free Member

Sorry Bonj, you fessed up and that’s nobody’s fault but yours. You seem to think that everything should be arranged to suit your particular needs. Sorry, but life ain’t like that. You come across as a selfish spoiled kid who throws a tantrum because he can’t have his favourite sweeties.

Time to move on.

Idon’t give a toss how i ‘come across’, if you don’t like the thread or you haven’t got anything postiive to add then stay out of it

But you just said you were going to use somewhere else to buy stuff in future.

Anyway what you should have done is order the new light, then send the broken one back.

You’re asking crc to apply common sense, which is clearly something you seem to lack.
    that’s exactly what i have done.
    I’m left with a gift voucher i (currently) have no use for.

ANYHOW – it seems like CRC have selectively chosen to ignore my (completely factual) review of the blackburn mars 4.0 light, I gave it 2 on the grounds that it packed up – but they’ve seemingly chosen not to include it, and only show the positive reviews! That’s balanced reviewing for you. Part of why i like CRC is their user reviews, but it seems even they are worthless given that they obviously cherrypick the ones they like and bin the ones that highlight the downside of things.

Gary_M
    Free Member

you don’t like the thread or you haven’t got anything postiive to add then stay out of it

I don’t think anyone has had anything positive to say about your moaning so why did you decide to pick on one person. For that matter why did you even post, did you honestly expect support?

Just spend the vouchers at crc and quit whinging.

bonj
    Free Member

Hmm blaming CRC for a faulty light, that by rights they should at least be allowed to check over before even sending you vouchers. Face it, you can’t have an instant service with warranty claims, anywhere!! I have the same service if I go to my LBS. They have to send the item back to the manufacturer for possible repair prior to replacing it. You can’t have everything. Sometimes you just have to wait!

yeah well if i’d been killed by a lorry that didn’t see me in a snow blizzard then i would have been knocking on crc’s door demanding to know why they sold me a dud, and why they haven’t even posted my review so that other people continue buying the same DUD light…

Gary_M
    Free Member

if i’d been killed by a lorry that didn’t see me in a snow blizzard then i would have been knocking on crc’s door

Can you rise from the dead then or were you going to haunt them for their shoddy service.

bonj
    Free Member

very funny, yeah well you know what i mean. all they give a toss about is money money money, the world’s going down the sh1t pan i tell you.

OrangeRetro
    Free Member

yeah well if i’d been killed by a lorry that didn’t see me in a snow blizzard then i would have been knocking on crc’s door demanding to know why they sold me a dud, and why they haven’t even posted my review so that other people continue buying the same DUD light…

When are you going to realise that CRC didn’t manufacture the light. Its not their fault that it doesn’t work. It is the manufacturers fault AND the manufacturers responsibility to replace it. Your arguments are ridiculous!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘CRC: crap service! + anyone want some money off…’ is closed to new replies.