Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • CRC packaging???
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

Was surprised to received a pair of plastic BMX handlebar end plugs last week in a rather large box – fair enough, I figured it was probably a mistake (or a shortage of envelopes 😉 )

This morning the postie knocked the door with this . . .

2 x 2.5mm axle spacers!!! 😯 Has word finally got around how much I love parcels? 😆

Oggles
    Free Member

You didn’t use the amazing tear off strip to open it 😯

belugabob
    Free Member

Same size box arrived for me this week – contained two pairs of run brake pads for my hybrid.
    Must be really eating into their profits.

hoochylala
    Free Member

I had a box like that earlier in the week, with a smaller box inside 😯 did contain my nice new brakes though 🙂

Rosss
    Free Member

This has made my day, Cheers for posting this up i had a similar experience with a mech from crc but it wasnt quite as bad

neilneilorangepeel
    Free Member

I got one too, exactly the same size box with four brake mount washers in. 😀

qwerty
    Free Member

same here, V pads and an inner cable 😯

marka.
    Free Member

I like those magic origami boxes. But yes, I too got one of those for just a pair of removable chain links.

floyd_england
    Free Member

Me too, same size box for X9 jockey wheels….

terrahawk
    Free Member

so there’s a knack to opening those boxes? Oh. I always seem to wrestle with mine for a bit and risk lacerations.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Wiggle sent me a pair of folding tyres (Charge Splashback 26×1.8″) in a box that was ~70cm tall, ~30cm wide & ~30cm deep!

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

they used to be really good, these days i think they gone downhill abit must of hired kids like most places have

weeble
    Free Member

Same box here for a Stans valve core remover!

bigbob38
    Free Member

I got one of those a few weeks back with 12 rotor bolts in 😯 I only spent £6…..
    I thought they were having a laugh at my little spending…..

mamadirt
    Free Member

Erm, I only spent £1.99 😳 . Can’t fault the delivery speed though – still arrived next day.

bladder
    Free Member

Brilliant ! I recieved a box like that 2 days ago with 1 inner gear cable inside ! Must be costing them a bloody fortune with packaging and free delivery worlds gone mad!!!

lipseal
    Free Member

Thinks it’s due to recycling, as the old bags had bubble wrap in them?

metalheart
    Free Member

Yes, I got one of these for a t-shirt! You know a t-shirt that is, er, really fragile and couldn’t be bashed, squidged or nothing… 🙄

And it was too big to go through my letter box which meant I had to drive to the edge-of-town post office depot to collect.

But yes delivery was excellent otherwise: Ordered Sunday night, posted Monday, tried to deliver Tuesday am.

Grim
    Free Member

I too have had a number of these boxes with only small items in them. You have to consider that there is less energy and non renewable resources used in making the card box than there would be in the padded envelopes they used to use. Therefore better for the environment :-).
    However it would make more sense if they had a range of sizes rather than “one size fits all”.

Grim

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Same box here for a hope brake lever service kit. 😯

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

Could they perhaps be saving money by ordering millions of boxes the same size – all the exact dimensions of royal mail’s “small parcel” limit?
    (This doesn’t justify posting two washers in a huge box)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘CRC packaging???’ is closed to new replies.