Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Cycling revenge stories
  • sangobegger
    Free Member

I've been nudged,driven at,swore at,but thankfully never actually run over.Other than remonstrating with the morons who get behind the wheel,I've never actually plugged someone,but if you are a
    chap(ess)who has ,give us some physical action stories Ladies and Gents.

yunki
    Free Member

slightly OT but..

riding pillion on a med sized motorcycle in an un-named town many many years ago.. we were cut up by a fast moving car who nearly killed us as he crossed our path into a parking space outside a pub..

we swore and waved fists and then pulled up nearby.. four blokes got out.. we disembarked and went over for a word.. one of the guys threw a couple of punches (at our helmeted heads).. some pushing and shouting and threats and we all went our seperate ways.. (the cars occupants into the pub).

a quick trip to a nearby skip.. two housebricks and a fast drive-by windscreen smashing.. not a proud moment but we were angry young men expressing some righteous indignation..

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Cut up by a car a few years ago I caught him up at some lights and opened his boot before riding off.

epicyclo

Squeezed into the kerb at low speed by shiny German car. By leaning on it I was able to maintain my balance.

I was distraught to see that my pedals had somehow scratched a deep arc into the lovely paintwork but when he took off suddenly I was too busy recovering my balance to catch up with him and offer a grovelling apology and unfortunately left another longer scar on the vehicle.

To this day I feel saddened that such a fine car should be so defaced.

forgotmename
    Free Member

you can check my story on the T I T S thread, although the revenge part is withheld.

dmiller
    Free Member

Opening the rear door is always a winner. Hadn't thought of the boot tho, nice! Its also defendable, if asked why you did it by the police its the best non-fighting way to get away from a car, ie open as the lights change. Very good when you get the i'm going to run you over banter from drivers… 🙂

jedi

forgotmyname is a legend 🙂

mmb
    Free Member

a few years ago when i still lived in brum one muppet pulled away from a t junction straight into me! fortunatly no damage was done other than a slightly buckled front wheel, i took the keys out of his ignition and proceeded to ride off, as i did so he jumped out of his car to chase after me making the mistake of slamming his car door at which point i pressed the central locking/immobiliser button, choice words followed! his keys somehow found their way into brookvale park lake where they reside to this day.

khani
    Free Member

mmb-outstanding 😆

mmb
    Free Member

it felt real good!

Talkemada
    Free Member

Far, far too many. I'm a nasty, violent little sod. 🙁

Bike through Black Taxi windscreen, punched through driver's side window, battered a bloke who got out and grabbed me, punched bloke in face after he wound down his window to shout abuse at me (after deliberately driving into my back wheel), kicked door onto the leg of a bloke getting out to have a go at me (nasty crack sound), brick through windscreen, loads of wing mirrors kicked off, threw a lit cigarette back into the window from whence it came (deliberately flicked at me), Kryptonite New York chain across bonnet and windscreen of a flashy BMW, and many, many other incidents of violence and destruction.

I'm a fair bit calmer now, and don't seem to get into nearly as many violent situations. Taken a good number of years to get to this stage though.

Thank God we're not allowed to carry guns in this country, is all I'm saying…

Ashley
    Free Member

Not me but a friend who was riding in our group,

Riding back towards the Ferry from the Purbecks one summer, Women drives past with Teenagers in the back who think it would be fun to throw water at us as they overtake.

However they get round the corner and there is the queue for the ferry – Then up we ride and a gobful of energy drink manages to make it over said teenagers and inside poor mum's car!

Often get **** cutting you up on that road or shouting abuse – only to change their tune when caught in the queues and the cyclists re-join them again. We have had familys with the windows up full and doors locked in the mid summer heat as the bravery they had when tooting and screaming abuse at us only 2 minutes earlier for daring to ride on thier road has magically gone away (often comes abck again once they are driving off the ferry again though!)

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Out on roadbike got drive by supersoak water pistolled by 3 lads in 3 series soft top,
    caught up with them at the long queue at traffic lights managed to return the favour with full bottle of psp all over the leather alcatera interior,
    straight on at lights onto bridleway

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey.
    I'm being out numbered by doo gooders over here! any cahnce of a cavalry charge?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-rage-aarrgghhh-anyone-else-get-annoyed-when-a-nice-calm-ride-gets-spoilt#post-1377256

Apparently we should be nice to pr1cks? and you guys are all trouble makers. Who give cyclist a bad name and make the roads worse.

khani
    Free Member

as in life you have got to calm down eventualy, because there is more of them than you and it never ends,
    your life becomes a constant battle with stupidaty and frustration 😈
    and you eventualy blow up!
    nearly 20yrs as a hgv driver and a lot of yrs cycling have tought me to just smile and laugh
    mmb eccepted, that was top :mrgreen:

kaesae
    Free Member

I think getting back at muppets in cars is every true cyclists duty.

ramming into them when they pull out intentionally. Letting down tyres when they soak you with water or god only knows what in the unmistakeable lowered and custom sprayed car that you see in the super market car park 15 mins later.

keeping going when people open their cars doors after spottng you in their mirror coming. You want a piece here's all you can handle and a bit more as well!!!

alpin
    Free Member

i rode from the station to the (alomst) in-laws the other week. outside the station there sat a BMW with four or five turkish lads in it. i got onto the main road and was approaching a parked car on the opposite side of the road. i then heard the roar of an engine and this **** went blasting past literally centimetres from the bars. i stacked it into the kerb and he went blatting off. i pulled myself up and a couple standing beside the parked car came over to see if i was ok.

i then proceeded further and pulled onto the road where the in-laws live (lots of high-rise blocks). i then caught in the corner of my eye this black BMW. i had the feeling that he was following me, but as i was loaded with a bagpack and only had my bike with me, oh and four/five lads, i thought i'd leave it. i intend to take a walk around the area next week whilst i'm in munich and see if this **** has parked up anywhere.

thinking of taking a hammer with me and letting down the tyres. won't do any major damage (fire, windscreen etc) as that can be covered on the insurance. i'll take the hammer along in case i meet this kid and i'll plant it into his head. don't think i'm joking. **** little prick. car insurance won't cover that.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Alpin, come round my way with yer nice bike, come on! 😉

a BMW with four or five turkish lads in it.

🙄

alpin
    Free Member

ok, doesn't matter if they were turkish or not, but they were. there is a bit of a thing with young turkish lads driving around in fat BMWs in munich. guessing it wasn't actually his car. if it was he'd probably have been more responsible.

…and i've told you, your area is shit. so i'm not going there…. 😉

Got stopped on a BW (Wessex Ridgeway) by a grumpy old farmer with the line 'where do ya think yer going'. I replied politely with a vague destination only to be told 'well make sure you shut the gates then' before roaring off in his Landy.

Had he been polite or just kept his mouth shut I'd have shut them all as I normally do. Instead I ripped one almost off its hinges and left the others open (no stock in the fields anyway).

Childish and irresponsible of course but it felt good at the time.

Talkemada
    Free Member

ok, doesn't matter if they were turkish or not,

So why mention the fact then? Lot of assumptions in your post.

Lilly livered little fop like you wouldn't last 5 minutes round my way sonny. 😉

ajantom

I was riding along a road near my house – 2 way road, but cars parked along one side, so only room for 1 (or 2 very narrow) vehicles. This twunt decided to roar past me, and then slam his brakes on just in front of me as a car was coming the other way. This caused me to ride into the back of his car. He then pulls off sharpish, only to get caught at the lights 200m down the road. I caught up, knocked on his window, and he got out and gave me a proper mouthful about cycling into his car, etc. etc. I pointed out that he had overtaken me and then stopped quickly, but he just kept on ranting abuse. To I calmly walked around to the back of his car, yanked off the rear wiper unit, handed it to the now speechless idiot, and cycled off back down the road. 😆

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i've never exacted this kind of revenge. i have a bell, i ring that instead until my rage subsides 😆

finbar
    Free Member

I got sandwiched into a roadside railing by a bus driver in London. I caught up with him and tried to punch through through the drivers-side window, but all i achieved was a set of bruised knuckles 😳

alpin
    Free Member

Talkemada – Member

Lilly livered little fop like you wouldn't last 5 minutes round my way sonny.

which is why i don't go there…..

zaskar
    Free Member

Talkemada – Member

ok, doesn't matter if they were turkish or not,

So why mention the fact then? Lot of assumptions in your post.

Lilly livered little fop like you wouldn't last 5 minutes round my way sonny.

LOL it happens so much! 3 blokes in car which were black by the way…
    Or 3 guys in a car…lol

Personally I have only hit the side of the van with my fist for cutting me up which the drive pulled up and said sorry…(phew)
    Normally I just ignore it and never had a prob unless a driver nearly killed me I might just shout "What the Hell are you doing".

Maybe I look too rough to have a go at?

soulwood
    Free Member

Not my story, two roadies cut up by a ****t in a white van, the roadies are only minutes from home, they sprint back, jump off their bikes and into one of the roadies car. An old land rover 90. They catch up with said white van at a red traffic light and rear end him, sending all his crap in the back onto his dash then yank him out of his van and give him a kicking. Both roadies were mental by the way…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Cycling revenge stories’ is closed to new replies.