Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Daaahling.. could you try and loot me a naked Lithuanian sports masseuse..?
  • yunki
    Free Member

Anyone been even slightly tempted to pop out and see if they can pick up some new jeans and a dishwasher..?

ivantate
    Free Member

If i was at home i would be tempted to ramraid On-One tonight

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

See, I wonder how many people, if they happened to be walking past a smashed shop window, with something like spensive cams or whatever within easy reach, and little chance of being caught, would resist the temptation?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

See, I wonder how many people, if they happened to be walking past a smashed shop window, with something like spensive cams or whatever within easy reach, and little chance of being caught, would resist the temptation?

I would.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I’d walk straight past in my usual daydream and not even notice the shop window or riot.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I would.

A Breitling watch Flashy, worth thousands. Just sitting there, all lovely and shiny. No-one looking…

If you genuinely would walk past, fair play.

Dunno if I’d have such willpower….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fred, I believe I would, honestly.

Also, a Breitling’s not really my style! 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

No chance of consequences? Definitely. Be stupid not to.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Nope I can categorically say I wouldn’t.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not only that, but I’d probably phone the police and let them know about the damage.

trailmonkey

Elfinsafety – Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

I would.

well, there lies the proof that it’s all about economics, exclusion and lack of opportunity.

ta for proving the point flash.

Tom83

I’d walk past, i was brung up proper like 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Mind you, not quite the same but I have found nice bikes not locked up outside, and made efforts to find the owner as that’s what I would do if I forgot to lock my bike up. Found a nice racer outside the gym once, Ultegra/105 kit on, gotta be worth over a graynd, took it inside and got the staff to put it in the office safely. Apparently the owner was well peed off someone had moved his bike, but din’t seem to understand it would have definitely gone missing otherwise. Ungrateful twunt. Should’ve chored it.

Also, a Breitling’s not really my style!

Sigh.

Omega?

qwerty
    Free Member

I passed by a bar opposite Waterloo station once that was accidently left open and no staff around. I walked around looking for someone inside. There was a LOT of booze to hand. I went behind the bar and dug around for some staff phone numbers, you wouldn’t believe how hard it was to get the manager to send someone over to lock up.

It did cross my mind to invite some people in who were without a home for some refreshment!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Vintage Shwartz Geneve, akshewally.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Elfin tries to “own” Flashy. Fails miserably. Attempts a variation of the Edinburgh Defence to save face.

Fails miserably.

parkesie
    Free Member

If it was gregs id join in.

Tom83

If it was gregs id join in.

Genius 😆

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve been looting tonight
    the fridge has been decimated
    I am full of win
    and fish fingers

kimbers

stw just performed a major looting of the oakley website

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfin tries to “own” Flashy. Fails miserably. Attempts a variation of the Edinburgh Defence to save face.

Fails miserably.

What on Earth are you babbling on about Woppit?

If Flashy sez he wouldn’t take owt, then why should I disbelieve him?

Chinese takeaway’s here. Mmm….

aracer
    Free Member

Except that’s a completely hypothetical scenario – if you wanted to get an expensive cam (or tasteless bling watch) you’d have to be in on the original break in, otherwise it would all be gone.

I’d not nick stuff from a shop that had been broken in to any more than I’d lift a bike at a trail centre (or numerous other places I come across them unlocked), take something from somebody else’s bag in the communal change at a sports centre etc. Most of us have plenty of opportunity if we wanted to take it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    stw just performed a major looting of the oakley website

So, STW charged in to Oakley, causing criminal damage to the location, stealing whatever they want, and then causing fear to the workers before leaving it a burnt out shell where no on can work? Or have I missed something?

Fred, just cooked a chicken madras here. Top nommage! 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Except that’s a completely hypothetical scenario

Er, that’s what this entire thread’s about…. 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

It appeared to start with the question of whether anybody had been tempted to really go out and loot.

Anyway, is your home insurance up to date, elf?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    It appeared to start with the question of whether anybody had been tempted to really go out and loot.

Which is a hypothethical question in itself….

Sheesh, I’m agreeing with Fred again! FFS! 😉

aracer
    Free Member

OK, but elf’s scenario was even more hypothetical, given it’s not one you’d encounter even if you were wandering the streets.

molgrips
    Free Member

They were saying that Jessops had been hit somewhere or other. Now I’m a pretty upright sort of chap but I’d have got sweaty palms if I’d walked past that window being smashed….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Funny, because that’s exactly what I thought of Mol! 😮

What interested me about Flashy’s response was that he said

Fred, I believe I would, honestly

Which somehow is a more sincere answer than something like ‘oh I definitely would without question’. Because there’s more humanity in Flashy’s response, whereas the latter seems just a teeny bit ‘trying too hard to convince others and indeed self’.

Does that make sense?

We’d like to think ourselves honest and trustworthy and that, but under pressure, people can do things completely out of character.

Molgrip’s answer is, I think, a very honest one too.

kimbers

So, STW charged in to Oakley, causing criminal damage to the location, stealing whatever they want, and then causing fear to the workers before leaving it a burnt out shell where no on can work? Or have I

well it was the website rather than a shop so i guess the parallel would require leaving stealing all their cc information or bringing down the site??

BobaFatt
    Free Member

There was a photo on the BBC i think showing a shop on fire…..the Greggs next door was untouched……coincedence?

molgrips
    Free Member

Of course in reality I wouldn’t get close to the cameras before they were taken away.. plus it’d only take a few seconds for my moral compass to realign itself I think.

Anyone watching Newsnight? They had four people on it earlier arguing in exactly the same way that STW do…

ahwiles
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

i would, i’d feel like i’d let my mum down if i pinched anything.

and she’d kill me if she found out…

bazzer
    Free Member

Nope would not be tempted.

I can work and pay my way in life.

clubber
    Free Member

My dishwasher broke down yesterday so to the OP, I’d be tempted 🙂

Then I told her to buck up her ideas and she was ok again.

(OK, not really)

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I would walk past.

Then go get the truck and return to clear out the shop haha!

I’m kidding btw. I would pull the shutter back down and trap all the theiving buggers in there. lol

IanMunro
    Free Member

Let’s change it slightly.
    You walk past the bling shop that has been looted. There’s a Breitling / Omega / Casio Terrorist watch lying discarded amongst the broken glass in front of the shop.
    Do you –
    Walk on by?
    Pick it up and put back in the window?
    Pick it up and pocket it?
    Pick it up with the intent of returning it to the shop the next day?
    Pick it up with the intent of returning it to the shop the next day, but forget?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I wouldn’t nick it for myself, no.

In the case of finding an expensive item in the street I would be struck with a dilemma, should I pick it up and hand it in and risk being mugged for it or should it be left where it is?

bazzer
    Free Member

To be honest I would try not to be in the area of the rioting to start with and if I was I would be trying to get out of the area ASAP.

So would walk straight past and focus on trying to get away from it all like any sensible person would.

aracer
    Free Member

It’s much the same as a more realistic dilemna you might come across – you find a wallet with a load of cash in lying on the ground in the car park. What do you do?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Daaahling.. could you try and loot me a naked Lithuanian sports masseuse..?’ is closed to new replies.