• This topic has 43 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Debbie Harry
  • bruneep

Time to call it a day methinks…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

One of the first women I ever fancied, without even knowing what fancying women was all about.

Her and Agnetha from Abba.

Ooh….

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Just sat on the sofa with the wife both of us saying exactly the same thing. She must have shares in Botox manufacturers!

emsz
    Free Member

One of the first women I ever fancied, without even knowing what fancying women was all about

Ahem 😳

Oxboy
    Free Member

Yep call it a day and knock the plastic surgery on the head.

petrieboy

My words exactly as I was switching off the TV, she looks like that bloke off of ‘dead or alive’

samuri
    Free Member

Her and Joan Jett, although Joan would still get it.

emsz
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itWUZ3_X-lw[/video]

when I realised.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Here you go Emsz:

Mmmmmm…….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Never really saw that much in her…she didn’t turn out well in the end.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Wendy James was cuter

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH1Rs6LSvBs[/video]

Oxboy
    Free Member

I wonder what she looks like now? . . . .

RustySpanner

deadlydarcy – Member

Never really saw that much in her…she didn’t turn out well in the end.

Eh?

Wonderful voice, iconic looks, cooler than a very cool thing, intelligent, opinionated, never, ever made a bad record and still releasing decent material when most of her generation have called it a day.

Oxboy
    Free Member

She was fantastically cute (Wendy James) had a huge poster of her on my bedroom wall as a teenager as I’m sure 1,000s of 14 year old’s did!

jojoA1
    Free Member

I’m a straight female and even I fancy the young version of her…

CountZero

Who are any of you lot to say whether Debora should give up making music? Nobody says that to the likes of Jagger, or Van Morrison, or Cliff Richards, for God’s sake. Apart from a few pathetic snob journo’s who write in the Daily Mail who think anyone liking or involved in that disgusting rock music over the age of twenty-five are delusional and should grow up and start listening to good wholesome jazz music. I don’t care what Debbie looks like, so long as she can carry a tune reasonably well she’s all right by me. Let’s see you lot say the same about Patti Smith; or is it all right for her to carry on making music because she was never beautiful in the first place so it doesn’t matter what she looks like now she’s older. Jeezus. Ageist much?

hels
    Free Member

Never made a bad record ?

I switched off when I heard this drivel in 2002, that was the moment it all went wrong, even with all the extra credit for the cool cameo in Wiseguy (a US show you might not have got yet here)

“Maria – you’ve gotta see her”

bol

Isn’t it a pitty that older women actors and singers feel they need to do that kind of stuff to themselves to continue to be accepted by their audience? Older blokes in the same position are much the same though having said that. Not often you see a bald or grey haired one is it? The irony is that the blokes start to look like elderly women. Paul Macartney reminds me of someone called Jean.

bruneep

jojoA1 – Member
    I’m a straight female and even I fancy the young version of her

For Sure you are 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Isn’t it a pitty that older women actors and singers feel they need to do that kind of stuff to themselves to continue to be accepted by their audience?

I think there’s a point that the famous reach when they become scared of not being famous anymore and will do whatever to continue to stay in the limelight, possibly borne out of an insecurity. If you have been surrounded by people who suck up to you because of what you are and not who you are, you begin to have a distorted and unhealthy view of the world and who you are. I haven’t seen the images that have brough on the reaction here, so can’t comment on those…

uplink
    Free Member

I wonder what she looks like now? . . . .

She’s a lot younger than Debbie Harry though

Raindog
    Free Member

Who are any of you lot to say whether Debora should give up making music? Nobody says that to the likes of Jagger, or Van Morrison, or Cliff Richards, for God’s sake. Apart from a few pathetic snob journo’s who write in the Daily Mail who think anyone liking or involved in that disgusting rock music over the age of twenty-five are delusional and should grow up and start listening to good wholesome jazz music. I don’t care what Debbie looks like, so long as she can carry a tune reasonably well she’s all right by me. Let’s see you lot say the same about Patti Smith; or is it all right for her to carry on making music because she was never beautiful in the first place so it doesn’t matter what she looks like now she’s older. Jeezus. Ageist much?

This.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Eh?

Wonderful voice, iconic looks, cooler than a very cool thing, intelligent, opinionated, never, ever made a bad record and still releasing decent material when most of her generation have called it a day.

You need to stop being so prescriptive Rusty. Like I said, I never saw much in her and didn’t really like the music. Hey ho, somebody doesn’t like something you like. It’s probably best you start to deal with that kind of thing rather than being so dismissive and letting it wind you up.

donsimon
    Free Member

Like I said, I never saw much in her and didn’t really like the music.

Clearly you’re wrong on this my little cherub, but it is nice that you have an opinion though.

DrJ

She may be now old and ugly, but she was once impossibly sexy, and I’m willing to bet that she still goes like a train …

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Clearly you’re wrong on this my little cherub, but it is nice that you have an opinion though.

Oh what bollocks…I’m not saying she wasn’t any good you fool…she just didn’t do much for me…you can’t go around liking everyone y’know. Although, to be fair, you don’t often handle disagreement well either don.

uplink
    Free Member

I remember buying this single without hearing it first 🙂

mogrim

Who are any of you lot to say whether Debora should give up making music? Nobody says that to the likes of Jagger, or Van Morrison, or Cliff Richards, for God’s sake

I have, and would happily repeat it – they’re all past their prime, and should have given up years ago.

donsimon
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Oh what bollocks…I’m not saying she wasn’t any good you fool…she just didn’t do much for me…you can’t go around liking everyone y’know. Although, to be fair, you don’t often handle disagreement well either don.
    Steady on old chap… 😉 Wrong side of the bed?

oddjob
    Free Member

I just listened to desert island discs with her on it (podcast) and there’s not much going on upstairs with her.
    I have no idea how she looks these days, but that was hard work for Kirsty Young who was interviewing her. Every answer was “like, er, well I dunno”

Kirsty Young though hmmm

DrJ

Oh what bollocks…I’m not saying she wasn’t any good you fool…she just didn’t do much for me…you can’t go around liking everyone y’know.

True, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, in general, but there are some objective truths, and if you didn’t find Debbie Harry hot, then I’d suggest a quick check down your undies.

duckman

Sunday girl on TOTP made me feel strange…without realising why.

Fred +1

philconsequence
    Free Member

not my thang… there’s no smile in her eyes, but can see why people would find her attractive… she’s not ugly.

as for the music… never really bothered.

NZCol

Kirsty young yum +1

Harry_the_Spider

Sunday girl on TOTP made me feel strange…without realising why.

Fred +2

Saw her on stage at Glastonbury 15 or so years ago. It was like watching the Queen Mum dancing at a wedding after a couple of pints of gin. She could still belt out the tunes though.

DezB
    Free Member

Wendy James was a skanky wannabe. Debbie Harry one of the most beautiful women ever in my view. First poster on my wall.
    There’s a fudge-load of artists with nothing any longer relevant to say that carry on way past their sell-by date. She’s just one of em.

binners

Blimey. Listen to you lot. You get older – everything heads south. Its a fact of life. I dread to think what I’ll be looking like at her age. I look like Mr Potato head now! I bet there’s some right oil paintings amongst you lot criticising her. Pot? Kettle?

She’s an icon. I saw her live when she was well into her 40’s and she was still looking ridiculously hot then! As was very evident as she emerged on stage in her underwear 😯

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKVS0eI85I&feature=relmfu[/video]
    definitely an icon for a certain generation of Punk/New Wave. She’s nearly 70!

Bunnyhop

It’s one of the reasons many of the STW ladies don’t post pictures of themselves (even riding bikes) as you all have high expectations of how females should look.

Yes we’ll all get old and unless we get under the surgeons knife we’ll all look haggard and past it.

It must be hard when you’ve been beautiful as Debbie once was and age creeps up.

I too went to see her live when she was in her 30’s and she looked about 22. However I was too busy looking at the drummer, he was well fit.

DezB
    Free Member

Yes, it’s very bad of us ALL. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Debbie Harry’ is closed to new replies.