Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Disappearing posts?
  • AlasdairMc

Anyone else noticing disappearing posts tonight? It’s not related to device, cookies, login status, browser or ISP, so I guess the site is broke. Or is it just me?

druidh
    Free Member

Some went missing from the top of Ben Nevis a while back…..

AlasdairMc

Boom tish. Is it alright for you?

sweepy
    Free Member

its a bit wacky here

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

There do seem to be some problems at the moment, and not just tonight. I think Mark was talking about transferring stuff to a new server a couple of weeks ago, maybe it’s something to do with that. A couple of times the forum’s been down for a while, like earlier on. Safari’s also crashed a couple of times on me but I dunno if that’s related to the site.

In fairness though; STW forum is used by a lot of people, and will have quite a number browsing at any one time I’d imagine. And the archives must be enormous! Over 2 million posts I think! Must be a fair amount of data. And I think STW host the site on their own machines. Must be a bit of a task, anyway.

AlasdairMc

Thanks – it’s not just me going mad…

It’s fallen 3 or 4 times for me tonight.

Thrash them ‘amsters.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Safari just crashed on me again. As I posted that last reply. Strange. Does seem like it could be something to do with STW, as that’s the only site I had open.

I occassionally click on the ‘diesel over petrol car’ thread, but when I get to it there are no posts

Philby

At least one thread I have tried to look at has shown the title and the reply box but none of the 12 posts supposedly on it. Surely this can’t be another impact of the ConDem cuts? 😉

Edit: Yep its the diesel v petrol thread

druidh
    Free Member

Brill! I wonder if the swear filter works on it?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

They’ve got the “Boredom Filter” working.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Disappearing posts?’ is closed to new replies.