Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ditching remote lock off. Anybody else?
  • barca
    Free Member

It's done my head in once too often and in a complete toys out of the pram fashion, I've taken my remote lock off lever off of my Reba fork. I couldn't do with it pleasing itself if it was going to unlock or not.
    I hate bobbing along on the road so I think I'm going to miss it but then again, it may help smooth my pedalling out a bit. I seem to mash on my mountain bikes.
    Has anybody else got rid of the lock off from the fork and lived NOT to regret it?

mtbrDot
    Free Member

I've been using forks with lockout since 2004 but yet didn't manage to teach myself to turn it off and keep forgetting about it when I'm done with a climb hence in a race I never touch it and keep the fork unlocked.

When I'm on the road the fork is alsways locked out.

judderman
    Free Member

Just took mine ff last night as got fed up with it stiking, will get a manual conversion when I can afford one, two of my mates have also done the same thing a few weeks ago.

stumpy01

I like my lockout & use it a fair bit.

If I broke the lever I am not sure I would pay £60 for a new one, so I could probably live without it but while it works, it's staying on.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(mr MC posting)

Ive ridden 5" full sus bike with no lock out for 5 yearss. MC has just got a hardtail with lockout on a 100mm fork (reba). Its already sticking after 3 rides (and only a couple of trial uses) so I think it might be coming off soon. Prior to that MC rode a 6" full susser without any lockout. Ive never really grasped the point of lockout, Ive never been bothered overly by a bike bobbing (and I do a lot of out-of-saddle climbing due to a duff lower back, and have been riding full sus for 10 years), certainly not by the front end bobbing, and every time you forget to unlock it youve ridden a heavy, flexy rigid bike…

njee20
    Free Member

I took the whole MC damper out of my Reba World Cup. Means you lose the adjustment, but I always ran it wide open anyway. Saved 120g of pointless weight!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, I ditched the remote on my Rebas as well. Wasn't using it enough to worry, but I can see that if you were really worried about speed (racing) then it would be worthwhile.

Andy

Yes I agree they are totally pointless. So much so, that in a shameless plug, if anyone hass a spare poploc please do email me on the addy in my profile 🙂

barca
    Free Member

Cool, not just me then.
    If anybody would like to buy mine (it's virtually brand new). chuck an email over. It doesn't have the adjust on it though. Inner and outer cable included.

mtbrDot
    Free Member

I've got only one bike and use it everywhere. The lockout is great on the road

kiwijohn

Since everyone has ditched them, can someone send me one. I don't actually use it, but the remote would stop the lockout getting knocked on in the bush.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ditching remote lock off. Anybody else?’ is closed to new replies.