Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Do I need another bike!!! How can I justify it to myself!!
  • quentinfarquar
    Free Member

So I have recently had my Patriot, that was a P7 until it had an ebay facelift for the alps stolen. Insurance are paying out the price of a new one, so I have the cash spare.

I already own a nice Mojo that needs nothing doing to it, and a Trek 1.7 road bike…. so the question is do I just stick the money in the joint account and let in dwindle or can I front another bike.

I was using the patriot alot for winter riding and Mojo was sat around a bit too much, so looking forward to trashing it. When I had the P7, I used it as a winter ride, but as my mates were on full suss and much faster and I always got a bad back I got shot. But it was great for pulling the trailer with the little one, and for rides with the Mrs, and taking to the lakes for solo and family rides, where I would worry about mojo's safety.

So to me the only logical option seems a hardtail, but a cheap one…. but I know I will get carried away!!!

And I am stick of getting robbed… this is my 5th bike to go…. getting some serious shit off her in doors!!!

So what should I do???

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Number of bikes I need = n plus1 where n= number of bikes I have.

Science fact.

Onzadog
    Free Member

spend some of the money on security perhaps? Maybe a big dog or some electrified razor wire?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Why not get a nice simple trailer pulling-shopping-buzzing around town-family-cargo bike? Cheap and nickable without too much heartache.

andrewh
    Free Member

Fortunateson09, you are of course assuming that n<a, where n is the number of bikes owned by the person in question, and a is the number of bikes owned by their riding buddy. Let number of bikes required=r, and the number of additional bikes needed=y

So
    r=a+1 if n<a y=(a-n)+1
    r=n+1 if n>a y=1

So, yes you do need at least one more. How mny does your riding buddy have?

Of course, if the riding buddy then applies this formula to his own situation, using the new value of n, let's call it N, then his r and y are calculated as
    r=N+1 if a<N y=N-a+1
    r=a+1 if a>N y=1

The more asstute among you will of course have noticed that we have an infinte sequence in which inevitably
    a=N= ?

One can never have too many bikes.
    I once did hint to my riding buddy that I may have too many, but he helpfully suggested a solution to my problem. 'Get a bigger garage.'

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Do I need another bike!!! How can I justify it to myself!!’ is closed to new replies.