Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Does is bother you what people think of you?
  • dogbert
    Free Member

Does me, don’t know why but it always has.

How do you give less of a funk?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

By having a general dislike of others…

Pieface

Not everyone

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not really I have a beard(edit and it’s ginger)

GaVgAs
    Free Member

LOL at Mike 😉

flatfish
    Free Member

Couldn’t care less what people think of me.
    Stopped worrying about ten years ago, you either like me or you don’t.
    I’m sure i rub people up the wrong way but if they don’t like it they could just ignore me.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can’t imagine anyone not liking me – so the problem doesn’t arise.

fadda

I think everyone does to some extent. Even saying that you don’t care doesn’t convince me…

Suggsey
    Free Member

Just by realising that like the fact that you dont like everyone not everyone will like you-simple as that for me,plus I have very thick skin that has become thicker over the years.

southernsteel
    Free Member

I only care what a few people think- closest friends and family etc. Otherwise I’m not too bothered.
    (I also sport a bit of a beard if it’s relevant)

falkirk-mark

TSY has it spot on.if you have disdain for others why would you care what they think of you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hang on I’m watching CSI but I might come back and answer this in a bit.

tinribz
    Free Member

Try reminding yourself that you spend way more time thinking about what people think about you than they actually spend thinking about you. They are all much too busy thinking what everyone thinks of them.

Works for me.

Or, that they are all crazy anyway, so who GAF.

Pieface

Or, how much of your time do you think about how much you dislike others and what it is about them you dislike. When someone says ‘but thats just the way they are’ how does that make you feel, does it make everything alright?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Elfin goes out of his way to make sure people don’t like him, thus removing any worry about whether they might not!

Love ya sweetcheaks!

lowey

no. wysiwyg.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Shhh Yeti! CSI’s on! 😯

Trampus
    Free Member

lowey +1.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

whawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhhhhh!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Elfin goes out of his way to make sure people don’t like him

it’s not working, I admire him 🙂
    But whatever someone thinks about you is really mostly about them and their prejudices and preferences!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

There are 5 people on the planet whose opinions about me I care about – my wife, my 3 children and myself. Nobody else matters.

Northwind

I don’t mind when people judge me as long as they do it right. I’ll take the flak for the person I am and the things that I do but I’m not so keen otherwise

Junkyard
    Free Member

if i care what they think then yes as a general rule not really.
    SFB no you really are an obstinate arse it is not everyone else 😉

Pieface

Lycra or baggies?

druidh
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member
    There are 5 people on the planet whose opinions about me I care about – my wife, my 3 children and myself. Nobody else matters.

That (minus two)

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Not particularly, but if everyone thought i was a knob, i’d probably have a look at myself to see if they had a point…….Oh! 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I suspect pretty much everybody cares a little bit more than he or she would care to admit.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ckv6-yhnIY[/video]

samuri
    Free Member

I hate myself way more than anyone else could dislike me so it’s easy. I know nobody else will like me so caring what they think is pointless.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I challenge anyone who doesn’t care, to go riding in pink lycra.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If I thought I looked good in pink lycra…

Edit: Actually I probably would look good in pink lycra!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If you wore pink Lycra…

…I yetibiter

Pieface

I know TSY looks terrible in pink Lycra

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pieface, I don’t care what you think you know!

Kevevs
    Free Member

I think I care less these days, as I am happier in my own skin, and have come to terms with just being Me. I’m never gonna be anyone else right? And I kinda like me now. so **** it/them/you! Mind you, if I find someone I like dislikes me or says bad things about me I kinda wonder how they’ve got the wrong end of the stick and get a bit miffed!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I think I care less these days, as I am happier in my own skin, and have come to terms with just being Me.

So.. dressing up a or acting like someone who wasn’t like you would bother you?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I suspect pretty much everybody cares a little bit more than he or she would care to admit

She’s right you know…

Complex though innit? STW is fascinating for all it’s different characters and personalities. Great place to gain an insight into the Human psyche.

Elfin goes out of his way to make sure people don’t like him

😀 You Silly Billy TSY…

Anyone who says they don’t care what others think of them is either a complete liar or incredibly emotionally disabled. Of course you care. Otherwise, why shave, why wear certain clothes, why wear clothes at all, why behave in a particular manner in particular situations, why bother interacting with others, why exist at all?

We all care, course we do. We’re Humans; social animals. We depend on our social and emotional relationships with others; that’s what defines us as individuals, as ourselves.

To claim that one doesn’t care about the opinion of others is simply an attempt to display a strength, a toughness, an invulnerability. People don’t want to appear ‘weak’; the admission that you are in fact bothered by the opinions of others may mark you out as such. Or such is our socially engendered fear.

Very interesting question posed by the OP, and a frank and honest comment too.

I spose we care most about the opinions of those whose approval and acknowledgement we seek the most. Maybe, the less confident we are, the more we seek these things from more people, as we’re unsure as to whose approval we really need to gain. And maybe, the more confident we are, the less approval we need from a wider circle. But we still crave the approval of strangers. We still need to gain allies, confidants, people we can trust. That’s what much of social behaviour is all about.

That (minus two)

Complete and utter bullshit. Speshly from those two! Otherwise, why are you seeking affirmation on an internet forum, if you truly don’t care what others think? Why bother posting your opinions on this thread??? The truth lies somewhere in the opposite of such statements. And you can argue all you like, but who are you fooling? Really? Not me. No matter how loud you shout.

Do I care what others think of me? Course I do. Do I care what everyone thinks of me? Do I have enough capacity to consider every single opinion of myself? Who does? So it’s always a compromise. i’ll try to modify my behaviour according to my perception of the needs of those I care about first, those I respect, those whose opinions and views I respect the most. The rest is a sliding scale of GAF.

Anyway it’s too late for such deep philosophical ramblings and whatnot right now, and CSI New York is on now. 🙂

X

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB no you really are an obstinate arse it is not everyone else

of course, and I would never deny it, but so what ?

I know nobody else will like me so caring what they think is pointless.

I like you fine samuri! I do worry that you’re too hard on yourself though…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh and BTW; I love SFB too. 😀

fadda

<doffs hat to Elfin>

I think you’re absolutely cock-on mate. I could literally not agree more.

I feel a bit inadequate for not being able to express it so well, and now I’m worried that people will think I’m an idiot… 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Does is bother you what people think of you?’ is closed to new replies.