Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Drop-out manufacturers. Paragon and…?
  • mtbfix

Considering biting the bullet later this year and getting the Dekerf back into regular use. To this end I am toying with the concept of having the Ritchey drop-outs removed and replaced with sliding drop-outs with a disc tab. Paragon do some nice kit but they strike me as a mite expensive. Any other such fabricators out there that folk have used?

Rickos
    Free Member

Paul Components – http://www.paulcomp.com/dropouts.html and only $42 a pair which seems good.

I’m sure 18Bikes will do something too with their new fabricating side.
    http://www.18bikes.co.uk/content/custom_framebuilding.php

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shand got me some German numbers, < 1/2 the price of US rip-off nonsense.

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

As we’ve been mentioned, I’ll chip in, the options as I see them are:

Paragons – either the traditional slider or the new swinger, although the swinger may simply not fit the frame geometry.

2souls cycles

2Souls sliding dropouts by 18bikes, on Flickr

Ceeway do one – very similar to paragons you do gain a rack mount

Black cat swingers (probably same issue as with paragon swingers and availability issues over here)

or something like the Paul’s mentioned but you end up with a slotted disc mount which is no fun, if you’re going to do it, do it right

As far as I’m aware these are the only options available to framebuilders aftermarket and we can get all bar the black cats. If you want to discuss the merits of each design, email matt@18bikes.co.uk

Hope this helps
    Matt

mtbfix

Matt, you are probably right about the geometry issues on the swinger style dropouts. Hadn’t considered that. Presently the Paragon flanged jobs look like they may make for the neatest solution as I’d like to maintain the aesthetic of the tubes butting straight onto the dropout without crimping. 2Souls look practical but far from pretty. Will get in touch once the project gets underway.

robh

I know you’ve put disc, but does it have to be?
    Ceeway do several non-disc options, I’ve an old Clockwork with some nice track-ends with SS faces on that have been great and save the paint getting scuffed up with tracknuts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Drop-out manufacturers. Paragon and…?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM