Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dry and dusty trails at Glentress today
  • druidh
    Free Member

Lovely conditions on the Black Trail earlier

Bikepimp
    Free Member

**** me that's deep!!!

tall_martin

I was supposed to be riding there today, but went to Mabie instead- dry and sunny trails, just lots of driving:)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Six of us were out at Blairadam last night. One or two puddles in the deepest ruts, dryish most everywhere else. Why drive all the way south when Blairadam is less than 10 minutes from the FRB?

Nonsense
    Free Member

Now will that be all melty by next weekend? Where is Michael Fish when you need him?

rOcKeTdOg

a larsen TT would be fine on that

caledonia
    Free Member

How was the stuff around the Buzzard's nest ? I promised my nephew i'd take him out in th easter hols ! Blue and green for his first ever trip out. He's 6 btw !!

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

could you ride any of it? ment to be going next week. meh

druidh
    Free Member

All of the snow is very wet – and therefore soft and deep. Crotch deep in places.

There was still 4-5" across the Buzzards car park. Again – all very soft and wet. Some brave souls were out on bikes but not getting very far.

Lots of BIG windfall across the trails. Andy and the rangers will have their hands full clearing it all up.

Keep an eye on the 7Stanes blog for updates. If it stays warm, the snow at the lower levels will melt off quickly. I suspect the stuff at the mast will be there for at least another couple of weeks.

The ground will all be very wet and waterlogged for a while too.

forge197
    Free Member

Amazing I know it's not so high up but was there last week around Spooky Wood and there was no snow and rumour had it just a little of the black was blocked. That's going to take some thaw.

Northwind

Some of the snow out on the back of the black has been there for over 4 months now apparently 😯 Crazy stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dry and dusty trails at Glentress today’ is closed to new replies.