Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dual Air U-turn service. What am I doing wrong?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Service notes for Revelations says put 6ml of oil in the upturned air spring before reinstalling the negative plunger. But if I do that, the oil just falls out of the holes in the positive spring brass valve thingamy.

Not to mention I can not get the choke unit to budge trying to remove it from the air spring tube.

Poddy, you there?

drew

What year forks are they? I think the 2010’s are different in that respect to the earlier versions. I couldn’t get the choke unit to budge either but I then discovered a problem with the air tube and ended up replacing the whole unit.

Stoner
    Free Member

Theyre a mates. I think theyre 09.

Having put it all back together I think Ive managed to recreate the fault he had with them. ALl the neg air goes to the pos chamber so there’s an O-ring knackered in the top of that air spring assembly that I couldnt dismantle.

Will email flooks for a bit of “how” and get a service kit from him so I can repair.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Phhhhh. I can’t picture what’s wrong. The beer isn’t helping to be fair…!

U turns. Seperate cartridge…. Internal. Wheres the oil coming out of?? Fork upside down. Oil in. First Plunger in. Push a bit. Bit more oil. Second plunger. Install base cap and secure with circlip. 15cc of oil in bottom of outer leg. Reassemble…..

Oil can’t escape if fork uppers is upside down and is sealed in after circlip goes on.

Hmmmmmm

Stoner
    Free Member

drink some coffee!

if you take the air spring out of the upper and hold it in your hands…

take the neg air plunger out and you have an alloy pipe with the U-turn choke at the top incorporating the brass shrader valve bit that has a some hole sin it.

Service says turn that tube upside down and put 6ml oil in – If I do that the oil runs down through the brass choke and out those holes.

Id also be happier if I could get the choke/uturn unit out of the air spring sleeve, but Ive already had a go with the workshop persuader and it aint budging.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

With the air spring upside down and open from the bottom, bit of oil inside, then slide the first (main) plunger in. Follow that with a bit more oil and then the second plunger, then reassemble the gubbins with the circlip to secure it. Oil sits inside the main + air chamber and inside the – air chamber. All it does is keep the o rings lubricated. The only way it can fall out is if there’s an O ring or something missing or it’s in the wrong place…..

You are opening it up from the bottom, not the top, yes??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m on my phone now and I can’t see all the stuff I have stored on Google docs. That would help I think. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

there’s an O-ring knackered in the top of that air spring assembly that I couldnt dismantle.

It all falls apart really easily…. You pick the o rings out with your fingers! 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s late now. I’ll check again tomorrow 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

With the air spring upside down and open from the bottom, bit of oil inside, then slide the first (main) plunger in.

My oil just goes straight through to the choke so it must mean a shot O ring Im sure.

Have you ever dismantled the air spring tube PP? Did you have to wallop it?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dual Air U-turn service. What am I doing wrong?’ is closed to new replies.