Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • DX Bastid Beamshots
  • MrGreedy

Well, my Bastid finally arrived yesterday, about 3 weeks after originally ordering, but only 5 days from dispatch. First impressions – pretty damn bright, build quality seems alright, mounting strap for battery pack is a bit dodgy. Most of this has been discussed previously (this thread here for example) so I won't rehash it – but I don't remember seeing any beamshots posted so I've uploaded a few for your perusal (clicky for the full set):

Full beam

And from the side

Rush HID (my previous bar light) for comparison

The football is at about 5 metres, the chair 10m, woodpile probably 20m or so.

mikey74
    Free Member

can you show a pic of it fixed to your bike?

MrGreedy

Sorry, didn't take any shots of the product itself, but there's a pic of a practically identical unit on the Geoman website – for some reason it won't let me link direct but if you go to http://www.geomangear.com/ and click the Magicshine 900 lumen (top of the front page at the moment) it's on there near the bottom.

Oh and BTW, the version I have is this one:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Lots of scope for vegetable beds there and that light will help with lunar digging.

boxelder

Out with a mate the other night – not a very even light and it slipped around the bars

geetee1972
    Free Member

Grass is well trimmed but you've left a garden chair and a football out, which makes the place look untidy.

daim

Chuffed to bits with mine. Can't go wrong for the money. Plenty of light for everything I ride and did D2D on it with no problems. Completely outshines my old Edison.

steviegil
    Free Member

Looks like an excellent value for money light 8)

trail_rat
    Free Member

what woodpile ? i see the ball – i can make an outline of a chair ….but no woodpile …

MrGreedy

The vegetable patch is hidden away to the left, the woodpile is only visible in the shots when light was shining on it (physics or something I think) 😉

The lamp is mounted using a rubber O-ring, and there are a couple of sizes supplied – it seems a pretty secure fit on my bars but you could probably source some different O-rings pretty easily if fitting was an issue.

Overall it's a no-brainer for £50, the only downsides for me are the fairly long wait for delivery and the need for a plug adapter on the charger (as it has US pins).

trail_rat
    Free Member

im a mong — first time i looked i only saw one photo … see the woodpile now ..

Looks good for 50 quid.

duckers
    Free Member

Post a shot of it on the bike in daylight if you would please, so I can gauge its size and work out the best place to fix the lamp and battery. Where and how have you fixed the battery?

MrGreedy

Took a few more shots earlier today which should answer your question:

The battery case has a flap that can strap round stem/top tube and attaches to itself with velcro. It's also got a couple of plastic clips that you could use with a longer strap if necessary. My stem's a bit short so I think I might end up mounting under the top tube but I'll see how I get on.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘DX Bastid Beamshots’ is closed to new replies.