Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DX lights
  • Toddboy
    Free Member

Just wondering if anybody has any further feedback on the DX lights that they have bought. Are they still working correctly, or have you found any faults with them and wished that you had spent the extra money on a more expensive light?

z1ppy

Torch wise (not the bike specific kit), cannot recommend them enough… used them all winter and still working great.
    I have 2, and m8's with about 10 or more between us, not one failure to report.

Cannot believe ppl would bother recommending anything else nowadays.

saladdodger
    Free Member

yep got the P7 torch and bike light

Spent bugger all happy as hell, ok there is 1 negative point the torches bounce abit on the bars (using two fish lock blocks)

BTW I may get anothere bike light and helmet mount it, says it all realy

GW
    Free Member

use the proper mount off DX, doesn't bounce at all.

hold on… I'm off to DX anyway

GW
    Free Member
    saladdodger
    Free Member

Yep that will do the trick, they were not available when I got the torches, so change of plan maybe X2 P7 torches on the bars and the bike light on me bonce.

next issue

Will that be a light overkill, considering I was happy years ago with my 12w / 20w lumi set up

Are we loosing the plot abit????

GW
    Free Member

er.. slightly!!! where are you planning on riding? I find a single head mounted P7 enough even for DHing. only usually use it on the bars on the roadbike but went for a night ride last night with it mounted on the bars (as I couldn't be bothered wearing a helmet) and TBH it was rubbish, you simply can't see where you're going in tight twisty overgrown trails, didn't even use full beam as there was no point. got 3hrs out of the one battery and it still has plenty juice left.

Toddboy
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. I just missed out on a Niterider Trinewt on Ebay yesterday, and was considering either the 900l bike light from DX or 2 P7 torches. You have just confirmed what I needed to know, and I'll buy the torches. Also looked at the different mounts, and I'll buy the ones in the link.

GW
    Free Member

unless you're planning on mounting one on your helmet I really can't see why you'd need 2

Northwind

One on the bars and one on the head is a great combination, really fills out the beam. You can get by with much less light of course but I find 2 just works better, you get quite close to normal riding. Depends what you're after from your night rides really, if you just want a ride that happens to be at night then 2 is better than 1 IMO, if on the other hand you like night riding for its own sake then 2 would spoil it a bit.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DX lights’ is closed to new replies.