• This topic has 40 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Ebay help please have i been ripped off????
  • renton
    Free Member

Right ok ive been bidding on and won a 2010 stumpjumper frame and in the listing it says “had to relist as buyer pulled out”

now ive sent the chap an email as soon as i won it asking when he is planning on sending it out as im not at the delivery address until next week, i asked if he could send it later in the week and he replied no problem.

now ive been emailing him over the past couple of days just to ask what day he is planning on sending it and if i will get a tracking number, ive had no reply and now im starting to get worried!!

here is the ebay auction…………

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120764255310#ht_500wt_949

however after ive googled his ebay name it comes up with a list of auctions for the same frame and he appears to have sold it at least 3 times over in the past 2 months??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/specialized-stumpjumper-elite-frame-/120758107449?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item1c1dbe7d39#ht_500wt_949

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/specialized-stumpjumper-elite-frame-/120763722404#ht_500wt_949

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/specialized-stumpjumper-elite-frame-/120745252228#ht_500wt_949

http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22679&item=120733824335#ht_500wt_949

do you think im right to be slightly concerned??

or am i worrying over nothing??

cheers

steve

kaesae
    Free Member

Just to be clear have you paid for the frame and how did you pay?

renton
    Free Member

I have paid and i paid by paypal!! what do you think is going on??

kaesae
    Free Member

I think that a mental person now has your money, hahaha!

donsimon
    Free Member

Paypal gift?

renton
    Free Member

nope paypal through ebay!

kaesae
    Free Member

You will be able to make a claim via paypal for upto 45 days, once you open up a dispute ebay will contact the seller and give them 10 days as far as I know to respond, you have 20 days to escalate to a claim.

ebay will explain everything to you, but you are covered or should be unless there are some kind of circumstances that mean this seller is not covered by buyer protection!

toppers3933
    Free Member

id register a complaint with ebay and paypal and get your money back. asap i recon.

donsimon
    Free Member

If you didn’t hit the gift button, get straight on to Paypal and Ebay with your suspicions.
    EDIT: Actually I have a cunning plan, a plan so cunning etc…
    … Why not wait a while and the have a look on Ebay, if you see the frame bid on it and hopefully win, when you win….. Ah! Hang on.

kaesae
    Free Member

Have a look at the paypal payment and see if you are covered for this purchase.

renton
    Free Member

as i only won it on monday should i give him the benifit of the doubt or should i report him as it seems weird that he has sold the frame a few times over previously??

kaesae
    Free Member

I would open up a dispute, give the seller 48 hours to respond and then escalate to a claim if they don’t.

Hahaha just joking, most of the time they will get in touch, so just take it easy and wait, most of the time everything is cool, but it is annoying when people just ignore you, especially when they have your money!!

nmdbase
    Free Member

If you paid with paypal via ebay don’t worry about it, you’ll get your money back if it doesn’t turn up, I always have.

donsimon
    Free Member

Wait a while, possibly a week, people normally have a week for holidays, don’t they?
    Or even just mail Paypal/Ebay to ask their advice, but not raise a complaint.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am surprised he has managed to keep his account – surely he has been reported by previously ripped off ‘buyers’?

renton
    Free Member

it just seems a bit weird to me as he has sold it previously for more than i won it for?

how do i report it to ebay now ??

nmdbase
    Free Member

Can’t do it for a week or so

kaesae
    Free Member

Looks like a repeat phantam flogger 😯 obviously mental I would think 💡 as long as he doesn’t relist it then it’s just a good old fashioned laugh 😆 .

Well it is for me, then again captain mental doesn’t have my money!

Keep us updated please! this has the pottential to be a right side splitter.

If you have the choice between laugh or get annoyed, just laugh it’s less stressful, good luck sorting this out! I did this ebay shit with used parts for 5 years, never again if I can help it!

kaesae
    Free Member

The listing has been won before but for all we know he had someone bid on the frame to push the price up and then did a second chance offer.

All sorts of weird shit happens on ebay, give the seller 24 0r 48 hours then open up a dispute.

iain1775
    Free Member

renton
    Free Member

iain1775 thanks for the reply, however im pretty sure its the same frame as the lacuer is peeling in the same place on all the listings??

iain1775
    Free Member

Yep now seen the link is same frame, maybe perfectly valid reason, have you seen previous listings? maybe postage/collection issue? Does sound dodgy but your money should as others said be safe, you bought a frame of a dodgy seller, could be worse, it may turn up and you find the bearings need replacing 😆
    (sorry Kael)

renton
    Free Member

just been looking at the pitures in the various listings and you can see the stickers on the bottom of the down tube on some.

it appears they are different frames as they all have different serial numbers!!

ive just done aquick google search and it appears there was problems with the paint on this specific frame and alot of them were warrantied and replaced!!

startingt o make sense now!!

why would he tell me it was his own frame though??

iain1775
    Free Member

Because he is pulling a swift one over his employer? Instead of doing whatever they do with warranty returns (return to manufacturer or more likely write off and scrap) he pockets them and sells them on in this fashion?
    Technically it could be theft (unless of course he has permission to get rid however) but if you get Cheap frame how bothered about it would you actually be?
    EbY is full of people and companies legit selling on warranty returns / refurbished goods, personally I wouldn’t worry prob perfectly legit, just like i said earlier some numpties silly idea of how to avoid various selling fees by relishing ‘same’ item

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Maybe he is getting mates to bid on it but they have bid too high and won it each auction, he finally realises and then you win it next time?

stumpy01

My Stumpjumper Elite frame was replaced under warranty for this problem. The lacquer was peeling from the frame in random locations & nothing to do with wear and tear; just random bits flaming off. It was starting to look like a right dog’s dinner, although it was a purely cosmetic problem.

As above, it sounds like someone is selling off warranty replaced frames.

the-muffin-man

IMO you are being a bit premature to open a dispute – you won on monday night and he’s stated 5-6 days delivery so in reality the clock starts Tuesday morning. On that basis I think you’ll be lucky to receive it this side of the bank holiday.

Unless items I’ve won have been pick-up only I rarely have contact with an ebay seller.

hora
    Free Member

Prompt payment then delivery 5-6 days?

Wait, if it shows I’d bloody give him a neutral.

dooosuk
    Free Member

It sounds to me like you’ve been hassling him quite a lot in the 3 days since you won the auction. He may not know when he’s going to be able to post (especially given your delay in posting request).

I think you’re being a bit premature.

Wait until Monday and if you still haven’t heard back open a dispute.

hora
    Free Member

Re selling off warranty (cosmetic) replacements. Whats the rule for each? Obviously not bike-related but when I worked for a well known brand name we had to destroy all warranty returns and everything was double-checked.

Partly for liability reasons if there was a failure and it was traced back to us etc.

phil.w
    Free Member

IMO you are being a bit premature to open a dispute – you won on monday night and he’s stated 5-6 days delivery so in reality the clock starts Tuesday morning. On that basis I think you’ll be lucky to receive it this side of the bank holiday

and for this reason ebay won’t let you open a dispute until after the estimated delivery time.

PS. Calne is only a 10 min drive away, who’s got the bombers? 🙂

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

Maybe he knows this guy

renton
    Free Member

thanks for the replies,i haven’t opened a dispute i was just getting a bit concerned as it seems at first that he had sold the frame i had bought a number of times previously, then when i looked closely at the pictures you can now see they are different frames.

i wonder how this works then as ive found out that specialized had a problem with this model and size frame and they are obviously warranty replaced frames?? i thought they should have gone back to them??

anyhoo the chap has emailed me this morning saying he is going to post it out today.

i wasnt expecting it before the bank holiday anyway.

hora
    Free Member

So how did he get away with it?

Stock takes must have hi-lighted discrepancies but before that? Did he state there were short-deliveries?

Matt24k
    Free Member

The listing states delivery in 5-6 days. If you check out his feedback it looks very good but there does seem to be a lot of Specialized product in his sold items. Maybe he works in the Specialized warranty department and is so busy that he hasn’t been able to get your frame to the Post Office 😉
    I would presume that this is a little bit of independent trading and that his employer may not be too pleased if they found out.

stumpy01

Can’t imagine that Specialized would be too happy to find out that warranty returns are being stuck on ebay.

Nice frame though & a good price I reckon. I love mine (especially after they replaced it for the carbon one).

What are you planning on building it up with?

hora
    Free Member

Well ontop of the fact that said-frames could also be weighed in for a future replacement frame as well (you don’t need to be the original owner with a Specialized) they just sell it to you at a reduced price to you which depletes their stock of warranty available frames etc..

Junkyard
    Free Member

merlin have to saw up/destroy all the warranty returns they get as people rob them from the skip

monkey_boy
    Free Member

if it has gone pear shaped, trust me you will have your money back.

we had a fekin nightamre when we sold a pram last year, good nick, but the buyer (first time ebaye) just didnt want it…

they put a claim in, after aboue a month and them putting a claim in they took the money back from us to pay the buyer back.

i chatted to ebayer support and they said in 99.9% of cases the buyer always wins in claims.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Ebay help please have i been ripped off????’ is closed to new replies.