Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Edinburgh – Wednesday Night ride
  • grantmccall63
    Free Member

Anyone up for a spin tomorrow ? Good forecast and not too much rain in the last week….usual 6:30pm Cargo/Canal Basin….7pm shop at Bonaly.

Cheers

Grant

robgarrioch

Definitely (providing I can get everything ready for heading south straight from work on Thursday). Which route did ye’s take last week, looked like up’n’over Harbour I thought?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Last week IIRC – clubbiedean / over to kinleith / maidens, green cleugh, black hill, nail trail ( still a bit wet and rather trashed 😳 )

Must have been someone else on Harbour hill

grantmccall63
    Free Member

Oh, asking the wrong guy but Jeremy will put me right….maidens, black hill….nail run ???

13thfloormonk

still a bit wet and rather trashed

I know, I had a look a few weeks ago, its a mess 😥 My favourite two corner combo is now a two mud-pit combo.

Gutted.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Doing a 2 dayer in the gorms tomorrow then in Amsterdam next wednesday…hopefully the week after. I reckon the Pentlands will be in pretty good nick just now so have fun!

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

I’ll try and be by Cargo at 18:30 otherwise i’ll be at Bonaly by 7ish.

cynic-al
    Free Member

ahhhjrene If you’re game for your low-volume secret ride (earlier?) I’m interested. Most evenings fine in fact, I take it a cx bike would not cope?

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

I’ll be out from Holyrood riding the local hill from 18:30 tonight if anyone fancies a quick 2 hour blast.

ojom
    Free Member

J-Hatch, Monkey and I are going full lycra for some road action if anyone fancies that instead.

5ish.

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

I’m not saying you couldn’t ride it on a CX bike, you wouldn’t enjoy as much through. You’d be fine on anything with a bit of front squish and a dropped saddle.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Splittists

cynic-al
    Free Member

tbc have you lost the ability to reply to pms and text messages? 😡

:love:

Where you riding?

ahhhjrene – Member
    You’d be fine on anything with a bit of front squish and a dropped saddle.

That rules out the cx bike then…I’ll be in touch if I can make it tonight, I’ve a lot to do in the house and was planning some hill reps.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

J-Hatch, Monkey and I are going full lycra for some road action if anyone fancies that instead.

Miles or hill reps? I’m meant doing a few very easy hill reps with the her(r)velos tonight but its a bit late for my liking.

Edit: durr, i guess you mean tomorrow not tonight? i’m wishing the days of this week away so i can be on leave! 🙄

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

I’ll hang by Holyrood till 18:35 or there about before heading off.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta both, ahhhhhhhhhhhjrene I’ll be there 6:30 if at all, DGOAB I was thinking up and down AS maybe 5 times but not full laps, prob there about 6pm or a bit later if I go to TKMaxx on the way.

Decisions, decisions…

ojom
    Free Member

Al – i replied this morning @09:05… are you actually in clinical fail mode? (p.s like your Green helmet by the way)

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

cynic-al, will probably be there between 6-630 too – official start time is 6.30pm but if i wait that long to go out, chances are the sofa will have eaten me by then. 😀

ojom
    Free Member

Miles or hill reps? I’m meant doing a few very easy

Tonight – couple of slow hill reps to show the guns
    Tomorrow – some miles. Not many maybe 30 slow ones.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ah so you did, my MSM app never told me, it is teh poop 😡

DGOAB I’ll keep an eye out for you passing me.

stevemtb
    Free Member

I’m planning to make my first ever appearance tomorrow night.

What kind of mileage and pace are you likely to be going? Not a problem if I have to drop off and head home if the pace is too high…

Hopefully see you tomorrow night.
    Steve

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I am going to try and make out tomorrow as well.

Will be at Cargo if i do.

Cheers
    Iain

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

steve – its a social ride. Anyone thats too fast has to wait at the top of the climbs or do the climbs twice 😈 . From cargo around 20 odd miles generally – its a few miles out to the hills. Pace? How long is a piece of string. I think around 7 mph average riding speed + time for faffage

bigjim

bit later if I go to TKMaxx on the way

get you, classy guy!

I’m hoping to make Weds night up Pentlands, should be noice and dry, depends on work but should make it.

stevemtb, I manage the rides and I’ve only ridden about 12 times in the last year. Jeremy’s surprisingly fast for an oldie 😮 but I can keep up. No jelly babies for me tomorrow then!

stevemtb
    Free Member

Sounds ideal, short of any disasters I’ll be there!

Cheers
    Steve

ChrisL

For once there is a non-zero chance I may make it tomorrow evening. I’d be at the Bonaly shop if I did.

robgarrioch

What kind of mileage and pace are you likely to be going?

Sounds like another opportunity to post up the ‘Best video collection of Bike-Chain 2010 Wednesday night rides by a male riding a geared hard-tail’ award winning visual experience….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ECqMUAoUpM[/video]

grantmccall63
    Free Member

A waxing appointment, not mine I may add, has put an end to my ride tomorrow night, so I won’t be joining you all. I will likely get out around 4pm from Cargo if anyone like me can’t get out later, perhaps hook up ?…..see you next week though, have a good one.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Is it just the upper part of the Nail Trail that’s still muddy? If so you can join it at the plank bridge by either using the trail that comes in from the road near the water treatment place, or by doing the western loop (although that means lifting over a couple of fences).

13thfloormonk

Nah, the lower part looks like its taken a lot of abuse over the winter, big churned bits lower down and a general widening of the trail around a lot of the muddy bits.

I only see it on a bi-monthly basis though so maybe it was just more apparent to me, probably doesn’t ride any different, just looks a mess.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Cheers – I’ve been avoiding it for months now (same with Black Hill) but was expecting it to be ready for use soon. I’m missing it as it’s my favourite way to end a ride from the house!

I’ll maybe leave it another week or two then go and have a look.

Northwind

Guess I’m about 50/50 for tomorrow…

Oh, wear on Nail Trail might be to do with MBR including it in a ride route the other month 😐

13thfloormonk

Really? I did see a group of about 10 folk at the bottom of it a while ago, covered in mud too.

Can’t be too precious about nice trails I suppose, I just used it as a rare summer session trail, rag up and down it a few times until the legs had nothing left and the callouses were getting sore. Taught you how to conserve speed through corners!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Whats the weather like southside? its a thick haar here – can hardly see over the street. Might be nice in the hills tho

So – I’ll be heading off in an hour – 6.30 at cargo at Lochrin basin or 7 at the wee shoppe at bonally

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sunny in town, but you can see it’s a bit muggy when looking at the Shitlands.

See you there.

bigjim

cracking in town. 13 minutes to go til run out the office leg it home and make bike work!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don’t forget your ball gag Al

robgarrioch

Fine wee ride that, glad we found some mud despite the almost totally dry ground. Feel more invigorated than I have for aaaaggeeesss. Though that may may be down to TJ’s luxuriant growth. Of hair. On his head. Cheers men.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nothing to do with my fine swan dive into a bog? Two OTB moments in bogs today. Not good

As usual with rob a fine ride even if most of it seemed to be vertical

bigjim

Excellent ride indeed, summer conditions, good trails, crashes, what more could you want!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh – Wednesday Night ride’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM