Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Endura Stealth Jacket Washing advice
  • ackie
    Free Member

Machine wash 40degrees non Bio?
    Ta

Hadge
    Free Member

I used Nikwax which says do a 40 degree wash but that ran out and so I got some Grangers which you use at 30. Whatever you use, you must follow the instructions off the product your using. I wouldn't use any of the non-bio stuff as it appears to ruin the water-proofing.

br
    Free Member

I just wash it at 40C, and then let it drip-dry in the garage – never used any proofing.

trail_rat
    Free Member

got an email from endura saying wash at 30 with a little washing powder

ackie
    Free Member

Thanks guys.
    Cool wash it is.

Also does anyone know how to get bike oil stains out of the material? 🙁

kennyp
    Free Member

Is the Stealth worth the money? Same question re the trousers. I was thinking about some for winter road rides.

Hadge
    Free Member

I'd say yeah definitely. On very cold rides I'd wear a merino top and just the jacket – warm as toast!

gamo
    Free Member

Used to wash mine at 30c with grannys soap flakes, after a while stopped beading then soaking through the shoulders and chest quite quickly!
    Started using nikwax tech wash and reproofed using nikwax softshell
    proofer and its as good as new.
    Re worth the money it stands up to rain etc better than any other softshell
    that i have ever used so would say so.

LeeW

Well worth it, even though it's gone up by about £30 since I bought mine. I'd definitely buy another one.

Try and get one to try on before you buy it though. Sizing is a little odd.

ackie
    Free Member

Night before last I did a 140mile Endurance Race from the North to the south of Devon in absolutely torrential rain all night.

The Stealth jacket it kept me dry and warm with just a cycling jersey underneath.

I thought It was going to be too warm but with the vents open in between storms it was perfect.

jimcollins67
    Free Member

I did my Endura Stealth jacket and bibs a couple of weeks ago – and they're all just like new!

1 – Make sure your washing machine has NO detergent/conditioner residue by running an empty wash, on the highest temperature.

2 – Throw clothing in the wash with Granger's 30°C cleaner.

3 – Repeat step 2 with Granger's 30°C proofer.

Leave to drip-dry.

Don't tumble-dry the Stealth. The 30°C proofer doesn't need high temperatures to activate it, and the Stealth is not made to be tumble-dried.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

after washing using the grangers 30c cleaner, do you just bang it straight back in the washer with the proof? basically whilst it is soaking wet still, or do you have to wait for it to dry then do the same as the cleaning bit??

Paceman
    Free Member

One of the best bits of kit i've ever bought. 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Endura Stealth Jacket Washing advice’ is closed to new replies.