Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Excuse me …………………………….. Ive lost my 3.5 tonne nuclear bomb
  • thewombles
    Free Member

Nice to see the world we live in is in such safe hands………… 😀
    ”Well how many bombs did we take off with ? and how many are attached now ?

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

They probably accidently gave it to their jewish friends in Israel

rogerthecat
    Free Member

As I was readind the title, the first thought to my mind was “this is going to be the septic military” – Bingo I win first prize.
    They should not be left in charge of sharp sticks, never mind nukes!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Quote :

“The training was to be as realistic as possible, so on board was a single massive H-bomb

Well it was certainly “realistic”, no one can argue with that ……….. the yanks managed to lose a nuclear weapon.

The only way in which I think they might have made it more realistic, would have been if they had accidentally detonated it on the wrong target.

An Afghan wedding party maybe ?

zokes
    Free Member

He could jut have ejected and left the plane to crash, possibly on top of people, possibly also detonating the bomb. This would obviously have been the better outcome of what was clearly a somewhat taxing situation 🙄

Drac

possibly also detonating the bomb.

Nope it can’t be detonated.

hora
    Free Member

Drac, what if they really did **** up but didnt want to scare folk?

But his case has been vigorously contested by opponents who raise apocalyptic fears of a thermonuclear explosion which could destroy much of the US eastern seaboard.

FACK 😮

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well if you actually read the article it explains why it couldn’t explode, it doesn’t have a trigger. Nuclear detonations are actually quite difficult to achieve and will not happen by accident, especially as the equipment has been in the sea for the last fifty years.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

wonder if we could start an internet rumour about how raceing boats keel’s are made form depleated uranium and could explode if one ever hit the shore?

hora
    Free Member

gonefishin, what you read doesnt make it gospel. Heard of ‘official line’?

Question- Couldnt they have a dummy shell full of ballast weight to replicate such a bomb?

Drac

Drac, what if they really did **** up but didnt want to scare folk?

Only idiots could believe it could happen.

gonefishin
    Free Member

So you dismiss the “official line”, which is issued by people with actual information in favour of the ill informed rantings of those who have no information whatsoever?

hora
    Free Member

Only idiots could believe it could happen.

True, but then as it deteriotates theres probably the real risk of contamination of fish stocks etc etc which would probably last many years.

IanMunro
    Free Member

On the other hand, if you had left a trigger in it, would you say so, officially?

hora
    Free Member

I love the comment about Terrorists finding it. The US has had 50yrs of searches and couldnt turn it up but a boat full of Arab millitants and a metal detector will find it in seconds..

lyons
    Free Member

Personally i think he should have crashed the plane into a highly populated area, and seen if the bomb exploded… Much better than just leaving it in the sea…

hora
    Free Member

Well they did drop two on two civilian cities didn’t they.

zokes
    Free Member

hora – Member

Well they did drop two on two civilian cities didn’t they.

War – nasty thing that…. 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Ah yes, the ethics of the winning power. Both sides slaughter civilians, just using different timescales.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I cannot and will not explode with the detonator. But dropped from 20,000 ft he atomic bomb core would break up exposing plutonium at the crash site which is very very nasty. The worry is that it will eventually break up on the sea bed and the action of the sea will spread it about. It would be environmental disaster.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It cannot and will not explode WITHOUT a detonator!

sobriety
    Free Member

Hora, by your logic, if the axis powers had won, the rape of nanjing and the holocaust would have been ok then. Nice.

turnip
    Free Member

dont worry uranium is 100% natural and organic. Its all about marketing.

Yet another case of a non scientific scare story for people who dont understand what they are pointlessly painicing about but want to express their point of view on a forum

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Excuse me …………………………….. Ive lost my 3.5 tonne nuclear bomb’ is closed to new replies.