• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by TN.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Exercise Bike vs. Wii Fit; FIGHT!!!
  • robgarrioch

My other half's keen to be doing more (i.e. some) exercise but her enthusiasm is pretty low, for various reasons best not discussed. She won't cycle unless it's dry / warm / flat, so I think a fold-away exercise bike would be just the thing; she thinks a Wii fit would be better. Can anyone recommend the Wii as an exercise aid?
    Thanks in advance.

wwaswas

go for the wii if motivation is low. you can get a reasonable work out from it if you try a bit. it does mroe for overall toning than an exercise bike too.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Can't comment on the wi-fit, but I think you need to start off with a *lot* of motivation for an exercise bike to be of any real benefit. That's assuming that it's for cardo / weight loss. If it's for rehabilitation from injury it's a different matter i'd guess.

zaskar
    Free Member

Listen to the woman-she doesn't want the bike! 😈

She wants the Wii.

Wi-fit even though you wouldn't want it.

I'd say turbo trainer but your other half has other goals.

sc-xc

Got a huge Wii bundle for sale if you want to try it…

Including:

Console, 4 controllers, 2 Nunchucks,
    Fit Board
    Guitar Hero full band (drums 2 x guitar and mic)
    13 games inc. a couple of fit board specific ones

Fit board used 3 or 4 times – my lad prefers the PS3.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Wii then you have a keep fit system that she can use and you have a fun games console too.

And it is smaller.

The only drawback is that you can't do this with a Wii…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Wii fit (plus) gets used regularly in my house by both me and the wife.

Excercise bike/turbo trainer was kept in the garage until it was given back to the person who it was borrowed from.

Pieface

I've bought my wife a Wii-fit for Xmas. I shall use it for Yoga as well I think

robgarrioch

Gents, your various positive approaches shame me 😳 🙂

Of course, what the lady wants, the lady should have. My biased opinion would miss out that important variable; fun.
    As is frequently the case, my own turbo trainer is on loan atm after a year or 2's dust gathering in the garage. If a cyclist (me) finds no joy in them, how could a non-cyclist (she) be different.
    B. Bethel – I may be in touch after some ('positive') discussions.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you do get her a Wii Fit then get her to do the hula hoop game while wearing tight / no clothes.

Google it if you can't imaging it.

spacemonkey

I've heard Wii Fit is really for entry-level fitness types. Whereas EA Sports Active is more hardcore, especially if you buy additional bands (not necessarily the EA ones, but proper gym ones) for harder resistance.

TN
    Free Member

I have the EA Sports Active. It's not bad – it is fairly varied and it can be quite strenuous, especially if you put your own workout together.
    It's best, once you've got the hang of the exercises, to turn the sound down and put some proper music on because the 'instructor' is just annoying. And yes, the supplied band is pretty feeble.
    I have used Wii Fit once and it is pretty sedate by comparison but the yoga section is quite interesting (if you already do yoga – it's interesting to see just how 'balanced' you are.) I imagine it would get boring quite quickly.
    Not as boring as plugging away on the turbo trainer though… <yawn>

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Exercise Bike vs. Wii Fit; FIGHT!!!’ is closed to new replies.