Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Exposure 6 Pack!!!
  • organic355
    Free Member

**** me!!, "1800 lumens, twice as bright as the Maxx-D" you could guide planes in with that.

http://www.bikemagic.com/gear-news/exposure-lights-six-pack/8055.html?source=weeklyemail&attr=news

Solo
    Free Member

Did you see the size of the light he had ?

It was bigger than he was.

trout
    Free Member

Exposure have once again raised the bar

6 Led lights were about 2 years ago

tis a big thing isnt it

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Exposure have once again raised the bar

6 Led lights were about 2 years ago

tis a big thing isnt it

6 LEDs+ has been done with different LED's, but the new LED's in the 6-pack are brand new and different to every other lighting company.

1800 lumens with self contained battery and 3hr burn time (on full power). I've seen it and it is impressive.

trout
    Free Member

can you run the brand new leds past me mtbmatt

S_J
    Free Member

Anyone seen one of these in the flesh yet? 1800 lumens sounds awesome. Wanted to know if it was as good as it sounds. It does look considerably bigger than the Maxx-D as well.

RealMan
    Free Member

Who else can do 1800 lumens for 3 hours with an internal battery?

Exposures lights are brilliant, and their service is very good.

900 lumens for 10 hours.

http://www.exposurelights.com/product/2/000052/six-pack/

MrSparkle

I will save £450 and ride in broad daylight. That's more than I have spent on my 'good' bike, ffs.

J0N
    Free Member

EXPOSURE'S NEW DAY TIME RIDING LIGHT!
    For those where sunlight just isn't enough.

LOL. Please convince me that 1800 lumens is required for any type of riding.

RealMan
    Free Member

Please convince me that 1800 lumens is required for any type of riding.

Night time downhilling perhaps?

What I like is the ability to run 900 lumens for 10 hours. How perfect is that for 24 hour races and such.

And you get 2000+ lumen lights now.

wwaswas

MrSparkle – a lot of people who ride at night do it because riding in daylight isn't an option for them – they want to be able to go as far and as fast at night as they woudl int he day – hence the obsession with getting the 'perfect' light that provides illumination for a reasonable ride at a reasonable price.

Of course one persons 'reasonable' is anothers 'how much?'…

S_J
    Free Member

I'm running the original Exposure Maxx three LED light and I find it a bit lacking even on full (720 lumens I think). I usually run that with a mk 1 joystick – helmet mounted. Not sure If I've got a dodgy one, but I find it almost useless. Probably easier just to buy a new mk5 joystick (300 lumens) to boost the output.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

So £180 more than my Troutelight and 300 lumens less. OK so mine isn't self contained battery, but a tiny battery which velcros to the stem is hardly a hassle.

Don't get me wrong, I like Exposure lights – I have 2 of them, but the Troutie kicks its ass on all fronts.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Its enormous 😯

yoshimi

Its enormous

Thats what she said last night 😈

woody2000

Half a kilo of light rattling round on that flimsy looking mount 😯

DickBarton

I've seen and almost used one – it's huge…bigger than a can of Irn Bru but weighs far less than it looks like it should.

Light output puts everything else in the shade and it is a very wide flood without any distortion/shadow in the beam – seems to also have good distance – at least 60feet without any loss of viewing ability.

Personally I think it is far too bright so would be more inclined to ride it on level 2 (which is still a ridiculous 900+ lumens)…it's well made but it's massive.

If I had the cash and was looking for a light I'd have that about 4th on my list as the size just puts me off…the fact I wouldn't use all the higher outputs either would make it a waste of money as well but if you are looking for something that will create your own sunshine brightness, then this is very good.

I say almost used as it wasn't on my bars but I didn't need my lights on to ride!

aracer
    Free Member

Light output puts everything else in the shade

Everything?

organic355
    Free Member

Whats the strange red and white line in the sky? looks like that light has attracted someone looking for a close encounter?

ourmaninthenorth

Does that mean if i get another LED3 headunit from Lumicycle, I'll still be outnumbered in the theoretical lumens stakes?

Damn. Damn. Damn.

Looks good, but ridiculously enormous.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i borrowed a 500 lumen exposure light. it was good, but not great.

i bought a 900 lumen light, it was better. but only a little bit brighter over a little more area.

(as you'd expect)

1800 lumens will only be a little bit brighter than my current light.

it sounds crazy: 1800 lumens! – but with your eyes working the way they do, you need to double the output to see a significant difference.

one day i'd like more than my current 900 lumens cos my eyes are a bit crap and don't work well in the dark. i'll need an 1800 lumen light if i want to notice the difference.

neilc1881
    Free Member

Well if it actually works that'll be a treat. My (less than a year old) MaXx-D has been back 3 times now and has an average output of 0 lumens. It's intake of water is roughly 900ml per ride though. I get it back real quick from them so I've been impressed by their postage and packing department.

Neil

RepacK
    Free Member

This is the kind of light you get if you feel the need to do a bit of todger waving..

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

LOL at Peter Poddy! It does look rather dustbin-like.

Stuuey

Wouldn't like someone with one of those riding behind me! It'd be like riding towards a brocken spectre.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I saw it at the Exposure stand at Mayhem and it is the size of a coke can, a real monster of a light on your bars.

Weighty too.

It would really stretch the strength of the exposure bracket in the inevatability of an off I would think.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

lol @ trout. i have one on order can,t wait.

Northwind

mtbmatt – Member

"6 LEDs+ has been done with different LED's, but the new LED's in the 6-pack are brand new and different to every other lighting company."

You just earned yourself a genuine LOL. Tell us what's so special about these standard issue XPGs? 😆

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Exposure 6 Pack!!!’ is closed to new replies.