Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fancy something new (or not) around Bristol? LVIS Audax – Sunday 27th March
  • clubber
    Free Member

Since HTN, BBB, etc promotion seem acceptable, I thought I’d just mention my team’s latest foray into the world of beards and mudguards (Mods, if it’s an issue, please let me know…)

After a hugely successful inaugural event in 2010, the now world famous LVIS Audax returns for 2011! The same mix of fine roads, great atmosphere and most importantly, fantastic cake is back on Sunday 27th March. Full details are available at the main Audax website http://audax.lvis.org.uk but the basics are explained in this video:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8310177/

You can enter online, by post or even on the day. The start/finish is at Long Ashton just outside Bristol. Routes are 100ish and 200ish km and take in fine scenery, quiet roads and best of all, fantastic food and cake.

Hope to see a load of you there!

pampassgrass
    Free Member

Does one have to have mudguards fitted?

i dont have a purple cap only a helmet , will i still be allowed to ride

MrAgreeable

Mudguards recommended but not compulsory. Also recommended – starve yourself for the preceding 7 days in order to cram in more cake. 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

As above, what this definitely isn’t is a traditional beard-eating contest so no compulsory mudguards, etc. Turn up on whatever bike you’re happy to ride 100/200ish k on and with whatever facial hair or lack thereof that suits.

Purple caps are recommended but not compulsory 😉 Purple helmets? Well that’s really up to you…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Hi all

A couple of weeks to go and my worst nightmare happens – riding the route last night I noticed a route sheet error. If you’ve entered and have your route sheet already, please note:

In Pucklechurch, 78.3k should be @TJ TL sp Dyrham & Hinton, Abson Rd, not TR.

Sincere apologies. Will have corrected sheets avail @ start. I send this just in case anyone likes to laminate their cards as I do.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ooh, I haven’t entered yet..

clubber
    Free Member

Roll call?

See you there – I’ll be the tall bloke, probably riding at a very leisurely pace on a purple cx bike (with road tyres)

pjt201
    Free Member

I’ll be there, but will be in Hill by the time you start Clubber. Might save you a slice of cake if you’re lucky!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Don’t eat all the Pavlova 😡

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fancy something new (or not) around Bristol? LVIS Audax – Sunday 27th March’ is closed to new replies.