Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Finally got round to pictures of my latest yeti build
  • DezB
    Free Member

Very nice Yeti guy.
    And great photos too.

yetiguy
    Free Member

as in it has DH parts to save personal injury when riding!?!?!?!)

Seriously dude, i wouldn't worry about it. 😀

As i said, it was one of the reasons i got an e-13, the other is that at 220lbs i have a very low bottom bracket, even with 260 lbs of pressure in my shock.

PJ266
    Free Member

OP's lever placement is how it should be for one finger braking, I'd argue that the levers are pointing down too much though 😉 Should be inline with your arms (or thereabouts) but of course, if its what you find comfortable….

😀

DrRSwank
    Free Member

As i said, it was one of the reasons i got an e-13, the other is that at 220lbs i have a very low bottom bracket, even with 260 lbs of pressure in my shock.

LOL – I give up – clearly you are the same Yeti-man from my history.

If you like it – I love it.

Nuff said.

What's the term, err, Ride it like you, errrrr, what's the word, oh yeah:-

Ride it like you built it.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I can't see anything wrong with the build, maybe not everyone feels the need to pigeon hole bikes as rigidly as the good Dr appears to do.

slowrider
    Free Member

i reckon as you are a reasonably big fella you ought to consider ditching some stem spacers and running a wider bar; it would balance your position on the bike better, letting you put some weight on the front wheel when you need to. slack angled, long forked, high handlebar-ed bikes are all well and good down fast, straight stuff but try carving a turn over loose or bumpy ground and you will will see why Dhers try and get the front end as low as they can (within reason).

nice bike, i run my brakes like yours too. those e13's are twice the weight of most other bash rings though. flatboys are brillant pedals but you can get some almost as good at half the weight. you could save a pound just changing those two parts! its your build though…

(say you have your e13 for bashing through rock gardens, it sounds more 'core)

yetiguy
    Free Member

Hey slowrider, thanks for the sensible advice 🙂

(say you have your e13 for bashing through rock gardens, it sounds more 'core)

Again appreciate the advice, not sure i wanna sound core though, i am just a normal bloke that like getting out on the trails.

Why is it that in life and on these forums, you have to say things or do things to be accepted.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I can't see anything wrong with the build, maybe not everyone feels the need to pigeon hole bikes as rigidly as the good Dr appears to do

It's not so much pigeon holing as a bike should have a purpose……

And a bike should be the best it can be!

(I'm on a roll now!)

A build should bring the best out of every component and the rider!!!

An analogy:-

It's been world darts and masters snooker on telly. Both, ahem, sporting skillsets. Would Andy the Viking Fordham make a good snooker player? Well only if you wanted the table flattening. Would Graeme Dott make a good dart player? Does he look like he can eat 15 McNuggets and drink 17 pints a night?

It's about fitting the right equipment to the right sport and moment.

Yeti-guy likes what he's done with all that nice kit and that's enough for me…… 😉

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Why is it that in life and on these forums, you have to say things or do things to be accepted.

But is it art?

grumm
    Free Member

It's not the looks I have an issue with – it's the bits – which has been (sort of) explained (as in it has DH parts to save personal injury when riding!?!?!?!)

I've gouged the back of my leg with chainrings before – it was one reason I got a bash. What's your problem with that exactly?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I've gouged the back of my leg with chainrings before – it was one reason I got a bash. What's your problem with that exactly

I've gouged my legs on rocks before but I've not insisted the Peaks/Alps etc put bashrings on them all….

Don't be such a puff.
    EDIT – that really should have said, Dr says, don't be such a puff

coogan
    Free Member

You can't understand his build, I can't understand why the bash guard is such an issue to you.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I've already said if he likes it it's cool with me?!?!?!?

"I can't understand his build".

**** me – it's like a 1960's love in. I just don't dig what Yeti-mans groove is with that bike baby!

It is true – I didn't understand it, but then he explained. Now – I just don't agree with it – which I think we can live with?

coogan
    Free Member

You don't agree with a bash guard?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

No – they're for puffs. See my threads above.

OK, seriously, I've owned two bikes with bashgaurds. A Demo 8 and an Orange AM160. To be honest they had bashrings because the BBs were too low – and I get that. But I'd rather have more gears and a bike with a higher BB, hence I've stuck with me pre-historic patriot.

Bashrings on XC bikes just don't seem right. If you can't negotiate the log – get off and carry it!?

I'd rather have a big ring (ooooh-errrr) for the flats.

OPINION – mine, and it's valid………..

PJ266
    Free Member

I always thought a bash guard was quite self explanatory?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

looks like a dog taking a dump.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Fantastic looking bike with a great spec, enjoy with passion !

Andituk
    Free Member

I think it looks awesome, and I totally know where you're coming from with the bash guard, same reason I fitted mine to my Trance X.

kiwijohn

OPINION – mine, and it's valid………..

To you. I don't care for it much. I run a bash guard for that 1 time in 10 when things go a bit wrong. Most of the guys I ride with don't, but they wouldn't take the risk in the first place that I would.
    & I like the Yeti.

hora
    Free Member

It looks like an XC frame but with an E-13 and XTR cranks?

I replaced the big ring on my bike with a Ring God bashguard- partly because I never use the big ring and partly as my frame has a low BB (always clip things).

Strangely it looks like my old ASX- Im talking before they made it really beefy. I miss my old ASX 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

lobby_dosser – Member

Nice that there's always room for originality on the forum.

PaperLawyer
    Free Member

Liking the shallow depth of field in the photos – good bokeh!

(The bike looks rather nice too!)

geetee1972
    Free Member

Bash guards can serve more than one purpose, i.e. other than protecting the ring from rocks. They are key in helping keep the chain on, so an E13 DRS won't keep a chain on without the bash ring.

I suppose you could argue that the outer ring serves the same purpose but then it doesn't also protect the rings and if you never use the big ring a bash guard is a better choice.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

My e13 bashring has been in the post since before Xmas !
    When postman pat gets off his arse I will post a pic just to niggle you bashring haters, lol.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

lobby_dosser – Member

Nice that there's always room for originality on the forum

Sorry what I meant that it looks hellava like a nomad.

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry what I meant that it looks hellava like a nomad

Well, I do have to say the old ones look far better* 🙂

*original = better, in my book

RealMan
    Free Member

Very nice looking bike. Very nice photos as well.

And at the risk of sounding stupid, (I've always wondered this) how do you make the bike stand up unsupported in that first picture?

yetiguy
    Free Member

how do you make the bike stand up unsupported in that first picture?

Small stick and photoshop 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Bashrings on XC bikes just don't seem right

Bollocks.

montylikesbeer

Looks mighty fine to me

lowey

Floats my boat. Cracking looking bike.

stumpy01

I reckon if you post pics on a forum, then you have to take the -ve as well as the +ve. Which the OP seems to be doing.

Bike looks OK to me, but the frame looks a little disjointed where that straight member comes across the frame near the lowest point of the swoopy top tube. Just my opinion of course.

Does it matter where the brakes sit on the bars, so long as they are comfortable for the rider?

I've clattered my outer chainring plenty of times mainly due to a lack of skill, but also due to a low BB. I'd quite happily fit a bashring to my crankset (or even a doube & bash if I was taking it to Spain) but would probably go for one of the lightweight RaceFace jobbies.

Enjoy it.

GaryLake
    Free Member

It's not like it's an ASR – a bash on a 575 doesn't seem that inappropriate to be honest.

My five (same travel) has one, gets removed for marathons, and sees a fair deal of action…

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Yeti Guy – Bike looks awesome mate. Lovin' your work

"Bashrings on XC bikes just don't seem right. If you can't negotiate the log – get off and carry it!?"

Dr RS **** – You sound like a complete cock, IMO of course!

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Finally got round to pictures of my latest yeti build’ is closed to new replies.