Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • FoD
  • jimster
    Free Member

What are the trails like atm?

Falls-Off-A-Lot
    Free Member

Boars might be getting frisky this time of year. Chestnuts soon available for mid ride snacking.

psling
    Free Member

I haven’t ridden here since last Friday’s and Sunday’s downpours but I’m out tonight so can update you tomorrow. Most of the trails drain fairly well so should be good at the moment 🙂

zangolin
    Free Member

Was there last night did a 2 hour night ride – mostly on the enduro route. Plenty of mud about – but all good.

Rickos
    Free Member

My off-road commute along the Wye Valley Walk (shhh!) from Monmouth is still remarkably good despite the recent downpours. I should imagine the Forest is fine and nothing like as bad as you’d think, especially under the trees.

jimster
    Free Member

Also, does anyone know if Lawnmower trail and Dr John’s is open atm?

Rickos
    Free Member

Did both of those a few weeks ago. I believe the logging is due to start soonish, but psling will know for sure.

airbus5
    Free Member

Are there organized night rides up there??? Would love to hook up with something

psling
    Free Member

Trails are good. A bit of surface mud in a couple of places but mostly fairly dry. Did Lawnmower last night, it’s riding well 8)
    The standing timber there was auctioned last May / June, don’t know when it will be harvested. AFAIK the top part is due to be clear felled and the lower part thinned but no idea when.

Dr John’s will be fine, one of the best trails in the Forest. There was some thinning on the original route a few years ago which took out the ‘dark wood‘ and the drop over the ‘pallet bridge‘ but the current trail is just as good if not as ‘eerie’ 😯

psling
    Free Member

Evening rides –

there’s a local Royal Dean Forest Cycle Club ride from the Fountain Inn in Parkend on Thursday evenings. Not sure what time they set out, about 7.00 I think.

mattsccm off here rides with a group from the Tufthorn Inn at Milkwall on Wednesday evenings.

There is a group that sets out from the Pedalabikeaway cycle centre most Thursday evenings at about 7.00.

There’s a group rides from the Wye Bridge in Monmouth on Wednesday evenings at 6.30.

airbus5
    Free Member

Sweet! thanks for the info. hit it up in the coming weeks. Just show up I guess will work.

zangolin
    Free Member

Rode Lawnmower + Dr. John’s on Sat – all good still. Also DH trails at Cannop were in particularly fine condition yesterday.

jimster
    Free Member

Thanks for the info folks, looking forward to riding there this weekend. 😀

mboy
    Free Member

Doughies was in pretty fine fettle yesterday too, just a couple of small patches of surface mud, but on the whole pretty grippy still… Just as well really considering I was still running my big, near slick, summer tyres!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘FoD’ is closed to new replies.