Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • freeform5spot or Peter Gratwick – Have i been scammed?
  • Carter
    Free Member

Good afternoon guys.
    I had an email from freeformfivespot@yahoo.co.uk telling me he wasnt interested in a trade i was offering but would sell the talas 36 that he had.
    So i have paid and he has said he is posting them? I have had no email contact since friday.
    I googled his email address and found his blocked account on STW.
    Does anybody have contact info for this guy?
    Thanks
    Chris

peteimpreza

Have you been scammed? Highly probable given this guys history.

I have the same email as you.

Andyhilton off here is always defending him perhaps he can help?

Carter
    Free Member

have emailed andy.
    Does anyone have a telephone number for the guy?
    thanks
    chris

neninja
    Free Member

He tried to sell me some stuff I was looking for but I’d seen so many poor reports about him I steered well clear.

Hope you get it resolved.

scaredypants

I don’t think he’s a scammer, just a high volume seller who can’t necessarily vouch for the function of everything he buys & shifts on

Carter
    Free Member

have you had dealings with the guy personally?
    thanks

crazy-legs

The guy had numerous accounts on here and was banned each time for using the Classifieds for trading.

I’ve never had any dealings with him personally, don’t know if he was banned for trading which is against the rules or if he was banned because of complaints.

On the other hand – no email since Friday? It’s only Sunday, maybe he’s away for the weekend?

scaredypants

me ?

none at all, as far as I can remember

he does crop up often enough though – usually either sold something that doesn’t quite work or else slow in posting
    you do generally get folk saying they’ve had decent stuff/service from him too; I honestly think he’s just a seller-on of used stuff and doesn’t know the actual products very well (hasn’t actually owned/used them).

The main gripe of people is that he’s a trader but comes across in individual ads as just a punter like the rest of us (and maybe a bit “generous” in his descriptions) – I can’t say I disagree

chainslapp
    Free Member

If the OP would like to email me to my addy in profile, I have a mobile number I have used before to contact Peter Gratwick.

However, he isn’t the quickest communicator on this forum so I wouldn’t worry too much.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I don’t think he has a current account on here, as he has been banned(i may be wrong)
    But that hasn’t stopped him mailing people direct and buying from them.

I wouldn’t be too worried just yet, no contact for two days is pretty normal for most people.

Carter
    Free Member

inteserting. I know it is only sunday, but when you read those sorts of things on the forum it does make you panic. Especially when you have transfered him £400 hard earned pounds.
    I hope everything does work out okay.
    Thanks
    Chris

wheelz
    Free Member

I bought a set of quite expensive forks of Peter a few months aog. Communication was pretty good and the forks arrived exactly as described.

He normally has a load of stuff on eBay as freeform5spot, so if you’re desperate to get hold of him have a search on there and then ‘contact seller’

sprocker
    Free Member

I have emailed you some details, good luck

Carter
    Free Member

Just had an email from the guy now.
    All seems legit, and they are being posted monday.
    I apologize for my impatience pete.

sprocker
    Free Member

Any chance you can get him to email me back !!

iainc

sold him some stuff last week – all went smoothly

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Seen as I’ve been mentioned and emailed.

To clarify: I don’t ‘always’ defend freeform5spot/pete. If you look back through some of my posts you’ll see that. Having said that I have traded with him a number of times and he’s always been great. Met up with him twice as has JonR off here.

I have emailed Carter back and said that payment friday and no comms by Sunday lunchtime is hardly unacceptable. There are numerous reasons why someone wouldn’t have responded over the weekend.

It seems to have been a storm in a teacup and Freeform5spot has redeemed himself it would seem. There are a number of ways we can ‘shore up’ our classifieds and I have suggested them before. One of the main ones being to make the classifieds only viewable by signed in members. This would also stop it coming up on a search engine.

I’ve also offered to Moderate the classifieds if it’s a manpower/time issue but didn’t even get a response.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘freeform5spot or Peter Gratwick – Have i been scammed?’ is closed to new replies.