Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • FSA XL2 Crown Race – not supplied split anymore ?
  • iainc

Bought a new one the other day and was having a look at today to fit. The crown race supplied is no longer split – have they changed the design, or is it a hacksaw job ?

vinnyeh

Dunno, last one I got, a couple of months back (from o-o) had the unsplit design.

uplink
    Free Member

Why do you need a split crown race – can’t you just tap it down?

I find a length of plastic waste pipe is ideal

D0NK

Yep seem to be unsplit now. Last one I got was.

Uplink yes races are easy to fit but trickier to remove and if you swap forks a lot split race is much easier. Oh and I second the waste pipe method.

dobo
    Free Member

i’ve had 2 unsplit ones, i just hacksawed them, still work fine

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Just hacksaw it. I Do.

iainc

yep, hacksaw time. Have spent about 20 mins unsuccessfully trying to remove old non split oem FSA TH 857 one -(.. It will be staying on for those nice chaps at Mojo to remove on Wed when servicing frok…..

nickc

The split ring was some-one else’s design,(WTB IIRC) FSA had to stop doing them.

Mat

It will be staying on for those nice chaps at Mojo to remove on Wed when servicing frok…..

are you getting a new crown steerer assembly? otherwise why do you need to remove it for a service?

iainc

Mat –

oem FSA TH 857 one

– original headset is coming off and FSA XL2 going on. I couldn’t be bothered doing it until either the original headset needed replaced or I was sending forks for a service, whichever came fist, in this case the latter -)

druidh
    Free Member

I think the Copyright on split crown races belongs to Cane Creek – and there was a bit of a fall-out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘FSA XL2 Crown Race – not supplied split anymore ?’ is closed to new replies.