Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Fugly bikes pic thread
  • clubber
    Free Member

Post your fugly bike pics – the bikes that only you could like and even then only when weary Rose Rosie's rosiest rose-tinted glasses…

Only two rules:
    1. You have to either own or have owned it (so no random google pics)
    2. Explain why you have/like it?

Here's mine – Klein Mantra – built up when I basically got it for free from the classifieds and I'd always fancied seeing what they rode like with a rigid fork which was how they were originally intended. Needless to say, it was like riding a full susser with a rigid fork which was a bit rubbish 😉

As a full sus SS though, it's not bad actually – It doesn't bob around when gurning out of the saddle, the suspension takes the edge of the bigger hits and it weighs about the same as my 853 inbred frame so no real weight penalty.

yossarian
    Free Member

holy mother of god, i'd forgotten how ugly they were 😯

clubber
    Free Member

isn't it just…

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cannondale Super V 3000

Read the OP 🙁

Sorry its horrible but I didn't own it – FAIL

clubber
    Free Member

And loving the Panaracer magic tyres – i had a set of those.

I used to sell the Cannondales – easy to sell despite them being fugly – guess it was the 'different' looks that attracted people to them…

GaryLake
    Free Member

Awww, Rich, and I was going to give you bonus points for the gum coloured tyres too!

tazzymtb

yes it has a big fugly/gumpy rocker, but it does ride fantastically well

adeward
    Free Member

i think i will wait a couple of days before producing my top trump card

clubber
    Free Member

Ah, c'mon bring it out now…

is it a Whyte?

BigDummy
    Free Member

The mighty Big Dummy. Because chicks dig it*. And because it can carry all sorts of things. Still hideous. 🙂

* in theory, in practice their enthusiasm doesn't blow me away.

stooo
    Free Member

There's no way that Elsworth should be allowed on this thread.

ajantom

Sunn Crosss rigid singlespeed.

Ugly points:
    Built in crudguard
    Yellow paint with red anodised bits
    Mary bars that are actually pink rather than the red I wanted
    Odd cross pattern wheels
    Glow-in-the-dark grips

It looks better in the flesh – honestly (though only by a bit!)

It rides & handles excellently, stops on a dime, and climbs like a bas**rd……and keeps on going whatever gets thrown at it.

adeward
    Free Member

this isnt my top top trump card , but i could come close to winning with this,

ladies and gentlemen meet my very early Marin,, mount vision,, in single speed,, we came 111th in the ss worlds in 2001 ,

it's paint job is hazard tape from work , it sports fetching answer riser bars with bar ends and orange grips,

TimP
    Free Member

Put this up on the Frankenbike too. Had to sell my 456 and bought this as a very cheap replacement. Now has non matching wheels, it has double+ bash at the front with mech and shifter still attached, although it only works on the bigger ring. Does occasionally get suspension forks, bigger tyres and gears but it spends most of its time like this for commuting. Had a big crash last week and I just need to clean the blood off and "good as new".

It is pretty heavy even as rigid SS, but good fun to ride. Although it is rated for 5" forks it doesnt feel right at 130mm, much better at 100mm

theflatboy
    Free Member

stooo – Member

There's no way that Elsworth should be allowed on this thread.

yep agreed 😡

Edric64
    Free Member

A mate has an Elsworth with triple clamps and that is fugly ,it's blue and looks like a Halfrauds special

bigyinn
    Free Member

WTF is that tensioner on the marin doing there—>

TimP
    Free Member

That Marin and the Sunn appeared while I was typing – not sure mine is Fugly enough!
    I will eventually try and make it look a bit better, but not entirely sure where to start

antigee

not sure if mine is up with some of that top totty but fugly is the only way to describe it

Kuco

I really liked my Super V and thought it rode nice. How opinions differ 🙂

adeward
    Free Member

bigyinn it's a very old skool sunn dh thing ,, a normal ss tensioner doesnt pull enough chain to take into account the difference in chain length between full topped out and fully compressed 17mm i think,

i could have put a rear mech on but didnt like the look

psychle
    Free Member

hmmm… are my bikes fugly or not?… do I admit it and post them for derision, or defend their honour and refrain?…

epicyclo

adeward
    Free Member

epicyclo i actualy like that,, it's a great solution to belt drive niggles, but,, there always is a but you must have the longest hose in the world on those front maguras

it's too nice for this thread!

psychle
    Free Member

Is that a B-twin Epicyclo? Loving your experimentation, how's the recumbent "thing" going?

Anyhoo… here are my fugly bikes (in the opinion of some, personally I like the looks of them all!) Which will be voted the fugliest I wonder?

Bow-ti

Orange Frankenbike

Indy-Fab 69'er

coffeeking
    Free Member

epicyclo wins, with extra kudos for stupendous front hose!

adeward
    Free Member

ok here it is my top trump ugly bike,,,, ta da it's preston

some of you maynot have had the pleasure before,,

he has a 24" front wheel and 26" rear a 64er? single speed in this picture but more recently with a alfine 8 speed set up

you can see he is the love child of my old marin ss bike

matt grey paint with banksy style graphics,,

69er
    Free Member

Dear mother of god, that is bad…

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

What .. no pictures of the new On One carbon yet ??
    That is well fugly !!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Pmsl! Ade that is truly awful lol. It shouldve been smelted down at birth 🙂

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

ade ward, thats just confusing to look at

bdb
    Free Member

i wouldn't ride that thing into battle…

IA

Ade, why the small front wheel?

(like that's the only thing wrong with it!)

showerman
    Free Member

ade ward always liked the preston but glad i never owned one yours looks as though it has had a shunt up front hope it handles better than it looks 😕

spock
    Free Member

i actually really like that orange frankenbike, is that an alfine of the back or just ss?

bol

I love Preston. Just think, a slight deviation in the evolutionary road and we could have all ended up riding bikes like that. Well, maybe not quite like that.

I'm with Tazzymtb re the elsworth – it mings. I'm sure it rides well, but boy is it a case of function over form.

It's fair to say that most of the bikes I've owned have looked a bit grim due to their gateishness, but this is the one that has drawn the most criticism aesthetically.

looks much nicer with the sticers on, strangely.

clubber
    Free Member

I think ade is comfortably in the lead atm…

Kato

My old Preston. I loved that bike, because it was different. People would stop me and ask about it, which no one does on my 'normal' bikes

Rode nice too, anyone that said they were crap hadn't ridden one IMO

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Admit it, Kato, they were pointing and laughing…! All well with you, old chap? Must try and dig out your email….!

clubber
    Free Member

I rode one (not mine I hasten to add). Nice enough but funny on hard cornering (where it seemed to fight against you
    if you hit a bump) I found and nothing to make up for the way it looks 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Fugly bikes pic thread’ is closed to new replies.