Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • G Shock watches
  • Roblilly
    Free Member

Being a “ruffty tuffty” type I fancy a G shock. Just wondered what folks thought of them.

bigdonx
    Free Member

I’m on my second. Very rufty tufty, only reason I had to give up on the first was because it was so old that Casio no longer did replacement straps for it, but got a good discount on the new one as a result and still have the old one – just needs a battery!

Jason
    Free Member

I am very impressed with the one I have. I got it as a present just over two years ago. I was fed up of breaking normal watches and wanted something a bit more solid. So far I have worn it none stop and it hasn’t missed a beat. Not long after I got it I managed to bash it into a tree while riding, hard enough to leave a watch shaped bruise on my arm, but the watch was unmarked.

Mine is a GW-1400 which is a metal one with solar charging and automatic time update, both of those features have worked very well.

I don’t think you can go wrong with them really.

Roblilly
    Free Member

Thats great guys, thanks. I do have a habit of breaking watches….

Del

i bought a tag f1 when i was a lad that lasted very well, as i too used to munch through watches regularly, but got hacked off with either sending it off to tag for a new battery and pressure test, or finally going the cheap route, then having it leak. replaced it with another of the same ( which had more than doubled in price over the intervening 8 years! ), but that never really seemed as good as the old one, and i gave up on that after the second or third battery.

now run the waveceptor/tough solar g-shock. ace. truly fit and forget. accurate. no battery or other servicing required. when it does eventually get broken, if someone drives a tank over it or something, i’ll go straight out and buy another.

catnash
    Free Member

After having 2 Tags realise that G-shocks are superb. Have three, one for work, 1 for the bike (mudman MX) and one for other occasions.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/

Militant_biker

Another Waveceptor/Tough Solar G-Shock user here. More than happy with it, love it.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’ve got two, one must be around 15 years old, only stopped wearing it because the clear strap is no longer clear.

MrNutt
    Free Member

GW-2000 here, setting it is a bxtch and I’m damned if I can get the autoset function to work, but that aside once set up its fit and forget.

Wozza
    Free Member

I’m on an 8 year old G-2000 that I wear day in day out while my £300odd Nixon is in a drawer somewhere. Get one.

toys19
    Free Member

I have a 10 year old gshock that casio did a new strap for me for £9 delivered last year. I think they are brill.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I have one of these:
    http://casio-gshock.com/g-shock-g-rescue-series-g9100r/
    Can’t lose it, can’t break it. Perfic!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Had 4 broke 0, brilliant as I break nearly every watch I put on my wrist

Bregante

another clumsy bugger here and mine is still going strong. worn it every day for the last four years

LMT
    Free Member

I got one a couple of years ago, when i had a massive off on the bike, hit the deck hard, i took the edge off the one corner of the watch but its still intack and working like a dream. Would happily buy another if i need to replace it.

Davesport

I use a GShock as a working watch near to its design pressure limit. I’ve only had two over the last 20 years. Both supremely reliable & an easy job to change the battery yourself if this is important.

Recommended & I’d buy another when this one decides it’s had enough.

D.

nuke

Had my G-Shock for well over 10 years…probably 15. Aside the battery going once, that’s been it. Always go out with me on the bike. Same as this…

If it ever died/was stolen/got lost/etc I’d buy another G-Shock

shortcut

Tough solar here too. Had it 3 years and done nothing to it aside for changing the time zone when I go on hold.

Perfect.

My next watch will be another G Shock.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Tough Solar too. World time model which actually does the half hour zones too (which is a must for me).

Excellent watch. Would definately get another if it died (unlikely)

bawbag
    Free Member

I love mine, solar charging and gets set by the radio clock every night. It took a battering when I fell off my bike:

Luckily if came with a new face protector so I undid 4 screws, changed it and it is now as good as new again.

dobo
    Free Member

g-shock are great but as an alternative I got a timex ironman flix watch, tough, laps, timers, waterproof and shock resistant etc but best of all comes with a velcro strap for twenty odd quid

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I love my G-shock. Seems to be powered by magic pixies, as the battery simply won’t run out. Is also utterly bombproof as far as I can tell.

Very much recommended.

mattstreet

Have a GW 002E – waveceptor/solar one and have used it for climbing, mtbing, washing up. Superb things.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

As above. Completely indestructible – suffered every type of indignity, massive offs on the bike, several spin cycles (washing machine and several hold-downs surfing) and still going strong unlike the pricey titanium Eco-Drive I got as a “dress watch” and got scratched to bits and started letting in water after a couple of months light wear (5 atm my bottom).

I actually fancy a more up to date G shock but can’t justify it as the old one just won’t die!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I actually fancy a more up to date G shock but can’t justify it as the old one just won’t die!

+1

🙂

audiophile
    Free Member

Have a Casio Protrek that is built along the same lines as a G shock. Can’t fault it, even the altimeter is accurate.

gamo
    Free Member

Ive got a twenty year old one like this
    http://www.tiktox.com/gwm56001er-p-2154.php
    solar radio controlled etc.
    bought a new one in yellow from this site
    http://www.tiktox.com/#
    then got a new strap and case from them and the old one is good as
    new again! Great watches.
    Good site as well.

h4muf
    Free Member

G shocks…I got a crazy don collection.

doom_mountain

Another G-Shocker here.
    Survived with just a scratch when I shattered my elbow.
    I really like the chunky plastic styling as well.

ntreid
    Free Member

Geeky fact of the day – I think I’m right in saying the G-Shock is one of only three watches certified by NASA for use in their space flights. The other two being the Omega Speedmaster and the Timex Ironman.

Useful, if you go to space every now and then.

spanishfly
    Free Member

Buy one

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Got a g350- so looks like a proper grown up watch (ie has hands as well as digital) and its great- bought second hand a year ago and hasnt missed a beat

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

yup, on my second in 15 years – just fantastic, great value watches. look good too in my opinion.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Yep love mine, got the solar powered, waveceptor type one (sets itself automatically to the atomic clock) and its brill, not the most subtle or elegant looking thing, but then I dont bat an eyelid when I accidentally smack it against a door frame when walking out of a room 🙂 Also got a Rolex oyster which since I bought a G-shock I now never wear !!

jackal
    Free Member

Tough solar/waveceptor ‘mudman’ here, does exactly what it says on the tin (quite literally as it comes in one!).
    Nice and light so don’t rattle around much, indestructible, back light comes on with the flick of a wrist, no battery reqd, and it syncs every nite so the timekeeping is always bang on to the second..
    You can get strap adaptors for some too so you can wear them on a nato/Zulu too…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Just bought a new bezel and strap to try and get mine in a fit state to wear. See what you people do to me!!

ngeddie
    Free Member

Had two over the years watches are great and tough but the strap has been the issue either splitting or fading.

giantjason
    Free Member

i have this and it has been brilliant over the last couple of years.

Literally fit and forget with the solar battery and radio controlled time keeping.

ross980
    Free Member

GW-M5600 here. Solar wave ceptor thingy and not too bulky (it’s a retro one that looks like the original G shock). I love it and don’t wear my ‘proper’ watch anymore.

Roblilly
    Free Member

Thanks for all the responses, now I only need to decide which one to buy!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘G Shock watches’ is closed to new replies.