Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Gegging on a ride!!!
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Been out of the saddle for 2 years due to a back injury and I'm looking to build myself something to ease back into riding, as cheaply as possible. XC at first then a bit more adventurous as the months pass.

What kind of a full sus bike do you think I should go for? and why do you favour them.

I'm thinking about a Giant VT or Specialized Enduro but I might simply build an epic or other XC orientated bike.

Any genuine responces welcome.

Liftman

"Gegging" – please explain further 🙁

higthepig
    Free Member

Same deal with me, 2 years off due to a bad back. After an Op and I got the green light to start again, I used the HT, but that was a real pain. Convinced the missus that I needed FS, otherwise I'd be lying back on the floor again, she relented! Bought a Spec Stumpjumper FSR, which certainly eased the pain and let me get some miles in. 2 years later I hardly use the FSR, using the HT all the time, it sits in the back of the garage unloved! I feel guilty now for not using it more, but when you are fit again the HT is so much fun. Would recommend getting a FS, it takes quite a long time to build up the muscles in the lower back, just don't expect to use it all the time when you are fit!

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey. My lower back muscles are reasonably strong I've been doing exercises on them for 6 months. My problems are that the protruding disc trapped some nerves for 18 months and cut of the feeling to my left foot.

Repairign the damage and the sciatica is pretty tough.

I also have a prolapsed disc in my upper thorasic
    which ultra sound is healing pretty well.

I've been studying back injuries and treatment for a while now, I have two protruding discs but I will be healed soon enough.

Gegging is a hunger that starts in the soul and consumes your entire being.

Anyone else have any injuries on their backs?

mr_mills
    Free Member

I'm thinking about a Giant VT or Specialized Enduro but I might simply build an epic or other XC orientated bike.

Don't forget these…

allthegear
    Free Member

wow – they're a hell of a pair of croppers – what are you planning to cut with them???

mr_mills
    Free Member

That's not me!!

That's a pic of a frame thief 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

Lucky it's not you mate, that is one ugly fanny. Fannies tits and holes of ass's, britain is full of them. Anyone that owns a bike with a stand build onto it that doesn't have an engine, needs shot.

The bolt cutters are almost as old as the bike judging by the rust, and the bloke holding them is so fat I bet his chin wobbles when he farts.

That said nice hat if you're 8yrs old.

kaesae
    Free Member

Steeling a bike that's not worth owning when you have a whole load of digital equipment to choose from, thick as pig shit and as stated earlier not too pretty either.

mr_mills
    Free Member

Steeling is spelt 'stealing'

That reminds me – where DO you get all those frames from??

Talkemada
    Free Member

I'd reckon there's a good chance of getting something like a Spesh Enduro or similar; stick a Wanted ad on classifieds? I'm sure someone will be happy to flog you something decent, to 'upgrade' to the latest thing! And with 10-speed stuff only round the corner, I'd imagine there'll be a fair amount of decent 9-speed kit going cheap soon too! 😉

Good luck on getting better mate. Sounds like it's been a right rough old time. 🙁

oink1
    Free Member

Kaesae – For sale if you're interested. Built up as a 'project' but I never used it after it went to the LBS for fettling. Everything bar the frame, cranks, BB & seat are brand new. E-mails in profile if you want to chat/for more detail.

Paul.

kaesae
    Free Member

WOT stealing is spelt stealing but in keeping with the ugly fannies dress sense facial expression and scruffy general life style I thought I'd use some slang. You can always count on a ned to critisize and that means predictability, so thanks for giving me another excuse to have a go at you.

I now transform this thread into a caption competition and say unto thee.

Numpty link extractor!!!

allthegear
    Free Member

Hey Kaesae, these bad backs can be a nightmare. I wonder, has it kept you off work?

kaesae
    Free Member

@allthegear I have worked through my entire injury. Even though I couldn't walk at first, my entire company can be run from my home. Or at least it could at the time if at a reduced capacity.

I am and will continue to be self employed and would rather die than not support myself. No matter how much pain or hardship is involved, the road I have chosen has not been easy but it has made me who I am.

No matter how dark the times or how exhausted working makes me I will not give up! I also have working on bikes and helping people get out biking to take my mind off the sh1temare my life is just now.

On the plus side I'm much better than I was 6 months ago and I should be healed in about 4 to 6 months no thanks to the NHS.

Hope that answers your question.

mr_mills
    Free Member

The magnetic poles are fluctuating, which is of course why birds are unable to fly south.

adamdv8
    Free Member

bad back made worse by chip on shoulder! lighten up, ease the burdon.

dickydutch

I love this guy 'kaesae'. He must be pretty quiet and bored on the business front to start these threads.

kaesae
    Free Member

Please read tags before posting on this thread!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Gegging on a ride!!!’ is closed to new replies.