Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Get off my 'plane fatty
  • mudshark
    Free Member

Air France may bar obese passengers from flights

Makes sense I suppose.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8471451.stm

dickydutch

About time.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I don't see what the issue is- you need two seats, you pay for them. Pretty sure thats happened to a few people who've broken their legs abroad (albeit via their insurance)

retro83
    Free Member

fat chance getting 2-seat bifters off a plane in 90 seconds. IME it takes them this long just to stand up to let you past for a visit to the dunny

tails
    Free Member

this should be used for anyone plus 20 stone.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I still think the airlines should base the fare on the total weight of passenger/luggage.

stumpyjon

Good, if I got anyone too fat in the seat next to me I'd point blank refuse to lift the arm rest betweens seats, if they don't fit they should pay twice. I've heard stories of the cabin crew making passengers lift the armrest between seats so the fat people can fit. Ironically you're supposed to lower the arm rest for landing and take off……

Keva
    Free Member

I still think the airlines should base the fare on the total weight of passenger/luggage

yep me too. My flights would be half the price of most peoples.

Kev

D0NK

They pay for 25% of the 2nd seat dont they? Also state you're guaranteed the seat next to you – pretty sure I heard of some airline charging a "corpulent" person for 2 seats in completely seperate parts of the plane! cheeky.

gusamc
    Free Member

same issue on buses and trains………………..

Polite note to bus/train/plane designers. Stop looking at films of Butlins in the 60s to determine average UK person size please.

stumpyjon

It's not just about seat size either is it. On planes fuel is a significant cost of the overall flight, and it's pretty weight dependant, I don't want to subsidise some fatty. Should make it a green issue, then it'll trump the human rights element…….

jon1973
    Free Member

On planes fuel is a significant cost of the overall flight, and it's pretty weight dependant, I don't want to subsidise some fatty. Should make it a green issue, then it'll trump the human rights element…….

So is it just fat people who you think should pay more, or people who are just heavier than you? what height / weight ratio would you set the bar at?

If you want to make it a green issue, why not get rid of crappy (heavy) in flight magazine and duty free drinks etc. All those litre bottles of spirits must weigh a ton.

ianv
    Free Member

will they get 2 mealsand 2 drink rations as well?

jon1973
    Free Member

will they get 2 mealsand 2 drink rations as well?

Plus twice the baggage allowance I assume. Only fair if they're paying for 2 seats.

portlyone

25% discount on the second seat…

I wonder whether after checking your handluggage fits into the overhead compartments you then have to sit into a seat to prove your behind doesn't overlap…

tails
    Free Member

Just shoot anyone plus 20 stone, the trebuchet was to kind. 😈

lunge

How fat do you have to be? I'm all for it but at 6'4" and the best part of 16 stone i feel i may be affected!

sv

[Tannoy]Ton to the forum please[/Tannoy]

allthepies
    Free Member

Should have a hoop at checkin, say 2 ft in diameter. If you can get through it then jobsagoodun otherwise ££££££ 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Awesome. Let's have another wide-ranging discussion of how awful large people are. Could someone post some BMI charts? We've already had a suggestion that fatties be shot out of a trebuchet, so we'd better have an in-depth discussion of what counts as a fatty. Then someone can give us a sob story about how his enormous mate eats because he's unhappy and therefore shouldn't be in a zoo, or whatever the current proposal is, and with a little luck we'll have some off-forum emailed threats of Borat-style naked-hairy-man-arse based violence before the afternoon is out. It's gonna be GREAT. 🙄 😀

I flew from Namibia to South Africa once. In the next but one seat was a gentleman who was slightly too substantial for the seats. He had 2 whole seats, but only really needed 1.2 seats. I've never had so much arm-room, it was lovely. 🙂

duckman

Should have a hoop at checkin, say 2 ft in diameter. If you can get through it then jobsagoodun otherwise ££££££

Arrrghhhh…no more please! 😀

Mind you I am about the 16 stone mark,and I would just like to thank all you twiglets for contributing towards my air travel for the last 25 years…gerritrightupya!

epicyclo

Larger seats for everyone, and more legroom too.

This has only become an issue since the airlines started to squeeze the seats down and stick them closer together.

mrchrispy

when it comes to flying its about time the hand to mouth reflex and a hand in wallet effect.
    one seat for each bloated ass cheak, if the can't afford it then lay off the pies for a few weeks.

beamers

Seriously though, if the issue here is that large people might hold up the rest of the passengers in the event of an evacuation, perhaps they should be seated in the middle of the plane in the seats farthest from the exits.

By large I mean overweight, not someone who is a 6ft 4 rugby player type.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fantastic, I mean, what a great idea. Demonise the fatties, stick them in their own pen at the back of the airplane. Maybe even in wheeled cages, a la Hannibal so that the pilot can have them moved shortly after take off to balance the plane.

These measures will really really help fat people to realise the errors of their ways and just bloody lose weight. Well…they will won't they?

FFS! 🙄

nickc

Do fatties fly BMI do we think?

beamers

stick them in their own pen at the back of the airplane.

Bad idea – there are exits at the back.

Jamie
    Free Member

beamers:

Bad idea – there are exits at the back.

Plus the food trolleys.

actiondan
    Free Member

I'm off to the alps with my ss to do some mountain biking to help loose a few pounds………blah, blah!

pitduck
    Free Member

my god a whole forum of arseholes 😯

dickydutch

Why's that pitduck?

GrahamS

my god a whole forum of arseholes

Are you new? 😀

Actually I think you may be failing to recognise sarcasm from at least half the posters on this thread.

Jamie
    Free Member

Actually I think you may be failing to recognise sarcasm from at least half the posters on this thread.

Either that or he is worried his holiday flights will cost him twice as much 😉

jonb
    Free Member

"stick them in their own pen at the back of the airplane.

Bad idea – there are exits at the back. "

What about crates? In the hold like animals?

They should start charging people more for children too. Can't stand crying children on planes.

mrchrispy

Jamie – Member

Plus the food trolleys

propper LOL

Northwind

I'm really skinny, do you think I could get a cheaper, narrower seat? Or fit 3 of us into 2 seats?

nickc, that was a surprisingly clever joke, good stuff 😉

NZCol

On one of my many flights to the UK last year I ended up in economy sitting beside jabba the hutt. **** me, this poor dude was spilling over the top and bottom of the seat. It wasn't actually funny as I honestly coudl not actually sit in my seat without leaning all the way over to give the guy room. It was incredibly uncomfortable and quite stressful actually bearing in mind i had 12 hours of it. Once we took off i squeezed out (he honestly couldn't move so i had to climb over him) and collared a air hostess where i deliocately pointed out that having paid full whack for an economy ticket i expected a complete economy seat please ! She was very apologetic and 10 minutes later appeared and shunted me into premium economy (I am a very frequent flyer you know dahlings !). WHich was fine but i did feel sorry for anyone who has to put up with that. If you can;t fit into the width of a seat (and seat widths are published) then you shoudl be paying or be accomodated in 2. So there fat people. And I also subscribe to the 'total weight' theory – you and your bags get, say 110kg anything over you pay for.

genesis
    Free Member

Know someone who doesn't go abroad on holiday, reason? They're too fat to fly! 😯

DenDennis
    Free Member

This fred is hilariously funny! but come on guys, have you seen what ryanair have taken out of their flights? he'd get rid of an engine if he could. do you think he hasnt run the idea of charging by total weight by big shot solicitors??
    in my view if weight is the cost issue with luggage, it should be with passengers but this no doubt wont get by the legal bods 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Get off my 'plane fatty’ is closed to new replies.