Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Getting back on the bike after injury break
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I haven’t actually ridden my bike much this summer because of a series of injuries. Two ribs on the left followed 5 weeks later by another on on the right followed 6 weeks later by 2 dislocated shoulders and torn shoulder muscle. It is now 9 weeks since my shoulders and I am still seeing physio for ultrasound and exercises.

That is basically 20 weeks either off the bike completely or unable to ride properly because of injury. Now feeling fed up but think my shoulders can take a short ride round the woods.

I look outside and it is not raining but it is cold and a bit grim. I am sure when I get out there I will either enjoy or injure myself but I am really struggling to motivate myself to get off my arse and ride.

Motivate me please. Words or Pictures.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t do any more stage diving.

I hear beer is good for helping to recover from injuries.

PS where are my souvenirs??? 👿

You best have some good-uns.

GW
    Free Member

You are Sam Hill and I claim…

oh, nevermind

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Elf – you have seen the photo. I will give you the snowdome next time I see you.

ph0010421
    Free Member

First ride out last night after a (bloody awful) mtb injury about 10 weeks ago.
    Fitness – gone
    Technique – lacking
    Confidence – shot

Yet still had a blast. I had a million excuses not to go, but fortunately some persuasive mates. Within 5 mins, you’ll remember how much fun it is.
    Good luck

robinbetts
    Free Member

Can I ask… were all the injuries from riding, or other persutes? If they were from riding, I’d say that when you do get out again, take it easy!

Either way, just get out any ride again, you know you’ll love it, just don’t fall off!!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

First set of ribs were riding. Next ones surfing (in the sea). Shoulders were a slight misjudgement with stage diving/crowd surfing.

I perfected the stage dive but the crowd stepped to one side at the vital moment. It turned from a graceful swallow dive into a full on face plant in one swift moment.

You should have been at the Big Bike Bash, you might have seen it.

ourmaninthenorth

Singlespeed. Woods. Night.

What could go wrong?

bigjim

I’ve not ridden since July either, I’m definitely able to pootle up the street now, but not sure about going off road, seeing as I’m still incapable of putting my jacket up my arm to my left shoulder without using my right arm yet, and the knee doesn’t even like walking up stairs so pedalling should be interesting…

oddjob
    Free Member

Not ridden since June due to slipped disc. Planning a first ride this weekend, but it will be frustrating given that I was flying in June and racing pretty well.

Such is life, I am thinking about next year really and working my way slowly back to it.

forge197
    Free Member

I have not ridden much over the last few months tomorrow will be first ride for ages looking forward to it but know it will be hard. Not due to injury just been busy with other projects that took priority. It will be painful tomorrow so much so it probably be just the dalbeattie blue with a little red thrown in but be good to get stuck back in

jedi

just get back when you feel ready. when i bust my leg i rode 4 weeks after surgery at herts shore but it was 8months later i suddenly “knew” i was healed if that makes sense

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

When I twatted my ankle I converted my pedal so I could ride while in a cast so it is not the worry about injurey or being healed. I am still not healed but beginning to get that nagging feeling when I walk past the bikes.

I really should be using them.

I am wondering how to get to ‘I really want to be using them’.

just a feeling of apathy at the moment.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Getting back on the bike after injury break’ is closed to new replies.