Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • giant trance x, no lower shock bushings?
  • orangesrule
    Free Member

hi i've just got a new to me trance x, and i've noticed that it deosn't used lower shock bushings. is this ok?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

eh?

bommer
    Free Member

pictures?

orangesrule
    Free Member

i'll get pictures later. it is odd though

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The lower shock hole shares a large diameter very fat smooth hollow bolt with the lower link and downtube "basket" holes. The bearings allow the bolt and the shock to rotate togther, so that's why there is no bush. I think!!

orangesrule
    Free Member

ah that would make sense, there is a bearing in the linkage and a bearing in the frame either side of the shock. hmmm interesting.

zangolin
    Free Member

Same on my 2010 Reign-X frame.
    There is no bushing used in the lower shock eye/mount. As Buzz said – just a large diameter smooth pivot bolt.
    When you look at how the linkage works there is basically no movement or rotation made by the lower shock eye/mount. The top shock eye/mount is were all the action is.

bommer
    Free Member

similar to the old stumpy linkage then, 'cept they had a ball joint washer setup aswell as the bearings

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My upper bushing wore out in about 14 months – was easy to replace with the right tool. Will get all bearings changed after 2 years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘giant trance x, no lower shock bushings?’ is closed to new replies.