Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gimme a 'normal' feeling winter glove…
  • jimmy

After a winter glove which feels like a normal glove, ie without tonnes of padding on the palm. Might be asking the impossible…

druidh
    Free Member

Some mountaineering gloves? I just struggle with the fit of winter gloves, so haven’t really got a good answer. However, I was wearing a thin pair of silk liners from Decathlon under my Gore Tool gloves at the weekend and that actually made a massive difference – a lot more than I’d expected.

ojom
    Free Member

Got some nice Giro ones through the back innit

You may want to use undergloves though with them as they are the american interpretation of winter glove.

matthew_h
    Free Member

661 Storm might be a good option. Waterproof material with a good palm

inigomontoya
    Free Member

liners are good, used to have some m:robe (sp?) winter gloves which were great, no padding just waterproof and warm – but they fell apart. lasted about four winters though.

clubber
    Free Member

I have a pair of Madison Windshell gloves which are great – fairly thin but still warm.

http://tinyurl.com/d76fx25

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I use the Specialized Deflect. Had them for a few years now. Not water proof but fairly normal palm (apart from the BG pad) and very toasty once you get going. Spesh say that they are suitable down to +7 deg C but I don’t get them out until its near freezing.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Those madison gloves look like the ones I had but mine were blue. they were great, with a merino liner they were good well into the minus temps.

jimmy

Onion – mountaineering gloves was where I was heading as I have a coupla pairs, which I normally wear with liners as they make a HUGE difference.

Already have 661 Storms, even they feel bulky which makes me thinks I’m looking for moon-on-a-stick ™ glove.

TBC – out back, huh? That’s why I couldnae find em, huh? Are they gonna find their way into the IKEA tub of love? Huh? I’ll be in soon enough.

druidh
    Free Member

You and me jimmy. Like twins.

Northwind

No idea why so many winter gloves come with padding on the palms 🙁

Fox Antifreeze has no extra padding, just a proper pittards leather grippy palm- the full glove with the removable liner is moderately bulky but not terribly so and the glove’s quite heavily shaped so you’re not fighting the bulk as you do with some. And with the lining removed they’re still warm, and feel barely any thicker than most regular gloves.

If you want thin-glove feel, they won’t give you that, but I don’t find they give me fat-glove vagueness.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gimme a 'normal' feeling winter glove…’ is closed to new replies.