Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Goodridge brake hoses – how to fit and what do i need?
  • Gooner
    Free Member

want to convert some hoses (hope M4 brakes) but not sure what i need to order – could somebody list me what i need and where to get them from

also is there an online link to show how to fit them?

thanks

nickegg
    Free Member

HEL brake kits are a far better option if you ask me. Look up PROPEL bike distribution for more info (sorry, can’t be arsed to link).

They come with all the fittings you’ll need (about 10 different types) so that you can switch hoses if you change brakes.

My LBS were very impressed with the kits i gave them to fit to my wifes Hope Mini Monos.

Stoner
    Free Member

nicek – who stocks them online?

Stoner
    Free Member

Not In Stock
    Request Stock Alert

or in other words “no chance, sunshine”.

Someone must stock them surely?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

You dont need anything.. I just fitted some goodridge hose but used the old fittings from the hopes. cost was £15 for the hose (F&R) and thats it. put a cut into the hose (outer) about 12mm long on both ends, just cut one side, peel back the outer, fit the fittings as they were on the original hose, pull the outer back down, cover the cut with the goodridge tag. Bleed the brakes… Job done all for £15 🙂

I contacted crc and a few others and was told I need the fitting kit £50 or so for f&r…. just as well I didnt listen to them or would have been £50 down the pan! I can take some photos of the set up and fitting if you want

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Ah fitting .. you need to undo the outer shroud (large metal collar)you will need a small spanner for this. pull the insert out and take the olive off (metal ring) and put them back onto the new hose in the exact same way! the shroud should look like this

The insert like this

The olive like this

Should all result in this

Gooner
    Free Member

thats great spank

i do need the fittings because the hose came off (its a mates bike) while biking last week and we think that something has been lost (possibly the olive) and he taking the oportunity to upgrade to goodridges

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Well you can always salvage as much of the fittings as possible and save a shed load 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Goodridge brake hoses – how to fit and what do i need?’ is closed to new replies.