Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • GoPro camera
  • RV
    Free Member

Been looking all morning for a good deal on a go pro. Want to use it with chest strap or bar mount as helmet mount can be a bit juddery. Thought it would double up as a fairly reasonable under water camera for summer hols. I’ve got an old bullet cam that runs of an AV line from a video camera but it’s all wires and a bit of a pain. Are they any goo and where can I reliably get a good deal on one from. I assume that Palygap are no longer invloved as I can’t find them listed in the catalogue. Any advice?

.duncan
    Free Member

bar mounts are rather bouncy and awkward if the terrain isn’t smooth.. i personally like chest mounts the most. i have both the 960 and the 1080 and if you don’t need the 1080p HD then the 960 is great valu. I got mine from cyclesurgery for £150 IIRC

RV
    Free Member

My understanding is that you have to turn down the 1080 to 960 to get a better wiew angle when monted on your chest anyway, do you use the 1080 at 1080 much of the time or is it a waste of time. i take it all the other functions work the same?

cubemeup
    Free Member

i have a 960 on my chest mount but i flip the camera so it films upside down also turn the mount around which gives u a much better angle. cant see the point in getting a 1080 when the 960 is £99 cheaper.
    can anyone tell me the difference?

.duncan
    Free Member

higher res on the 1080, 60fps 720p and output port for their gopro lcd screen for when that comes about

RV
    Free Member

Is the helmet kit worth buying or will you do most stuff with the chest strap. hence go for the naked for £269 and buy the chest mount rather than £299 for the helmet kit and camera.

cubemeup
    Free Member

is it worth the xtra £99?

singletracksurfer

Lovin’ my Go Pro HD. Chest mount is by far my favourite set-up.
    Helmet seems too high to me. You still get a mount you can use on your helmet in the naked pack.

PSA HD one and a free chest mount for £269 here: http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/Go-Pro-HD-Camera.html

.duncan
    Free Member

chest mount http://www.pinkbike.com/video/196171/ needs to be very tight and preferably have rear bounce so you avoid the shake like in the video linked here.

RV
    Free Member

Looks like the rough ride guide offer the best package.

RV
    Free Member

http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/Go-Pro-HD-Camera.html
    ordered it, fella rang to confirm should be with me in the morning. Nice.

cubemeup
    Free Member

filp the camera mode around and also the mount such a better angle but look at where the camera is pointing as u dont really want to film ur bike!!

.duncan
    Free Member

you’ll enjoy it! i was sceptical about getting my GoPro now it comes out every ride and we like filming the odd bit to amuse ourselves when we get back. Won another in a competition so now contemplating all the set ups i can do with two cameras!

singletracksurfer

oh yeah good tip – it looks like you are mounting it upside down but it allows you to angle the camera up more. Also you will probably need to download the new software from the GoPro website to give the camera an upside down record mode. Easy enough to do.

RV
    Free Member

Sorry, I might be being thick…. which is possible.
    “filp the camera mode around and also the mount such a better angle but look at where the camera is pointing as u dont really want to film ur bike!! ” can you then turn the footage round wi5th the software for editing?

DT78
    Free Member

oink
    Free Member

if you flip the camera mode to upside down then you can mount the camera upside down and the resulting footage will be right way up – i.e. no software manipulation required

RV
    Free Member

ahh, sounds simple and makes more sense. thanks.

oink
    Free Member

My fave mount is under the saddle via a rollbar mount on the seatpost, but you can do all sorts with it…
    [video]http://www.vimeo.com/17704648[/video]

I bought mine (1080) from pinkbike which worked out at about £180, free postage and they marked it as worth £20 ish so didnt get stung for import stuff – I also have the LCD bacpak, which is great for playback in the field and ensuring you have the correct angles – i think it only fits the 1080 version

All the clips in the video are filmed at 720 @ 60fps

cubemeup
    Free Member

it does show you on the instructions, if i can work it out im sure anyone can!!

on youtube you can edit it and flip it around that way but just turn the amount around on the chest mount

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘GoPro camera’ is closed to new replies.