Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Haldon Forest group rides ?
  • justablur
    Free Member

I was out for a ride in Haldon Forest in Exeter earlier tonight and I saw a big group of riders roll past. Does anyone know who they are or how to contact them ? I regularly work in that area and it's getting a bit boring riding on my own.

Any other group ride info in the Exeter and Taunton areas would be much appreciated.

foxyrider
    Free Member

EMBC probably:

http://www.embc.uk.net/calendar/index.php

But maybe not looking at the calendar – give them a buzz though 🙂

eviljoe
    Free Member

Pretty sure that'll be the Exeter Wheelers. Think they meet at the Ley Arms on a Wed, and ride up, but not sure exactly when- I know some of them hang out here, so they'll proob be along in a mo and tell you when 🙂

EMBC were down the pub tonight, where I should have been grrr…

tim41
    Free Member

It was probably us. We ride up from the Ley Arms on a wednesday but we're not the Exeter Wheelers. Basically we're an informal group that rides all year, an oddball mix of big travel bikes, hardtails, body armour and singlespeeds. Numbers from 2 or 3 in the winter to 25 plus on a sunny summers evening like last night. We meet at 6.30 at the Ley Arms, or 7.00 at the ridge road by the A38 underpass.

justablur
    Free Member

tim41
    Is it a regular Wednesday night ride?
    Are "outsiders" welcome?
    I don't know the area that well, where is the Ley Arms?

tim41
    Free Member

Yep, every wednesday pretty much 52 weeks a year.

Don't worry, we were all outsiders when we first rode with the group, so yes, all welcome.

The Ley Arms is in Kenn here

The upper rendezvous is by the A38 bridge on the ridge road here

justablur
    Free Member

tim41
    I'm hoping to make it along tomorrow.
    See you at the Ley Arms.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Haldon Forest group rides ?’ is closed to new replies.