Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Having photos made in to a book…
  • Kahurangi

I have a ton of photos from a holiday, some of which I'm really quite proud of, that I want to make up in to a coffee-table style book. Anything from 200-600 photos might make the cut.

I've seen photobox do them, seem pretty ok price-wise, but I have used them for prints before but found them a bit saturated and off-colour occasionally.

Has anyone seen or used anywhere that does these?

retro83
    Free Member

if you've got a mac, the ones from whatever service iPhoto uses come out really nicely

momo

Might be worth having a look at a few wedding photographers websites and seeing who they use, not sure about price though (trying not to think about how expensive they are at the moment)

Kahurangi

No macs handy and wedding photos = expensive surely?

Also I posted this in the wrong forum, d'oh.

rOcKeTdOg

loads on google, sheldon gets his calendars done somewhere, try him?

robbo1234biking

http://www.cewe-photoworld.co.uk/

If you dont mind doing the editing yourself then these do something pretty good – had a couple of small books from them and they have free software on the site to do the design etc

momo

Yes wedding photos are expensive, one photographer we met with had his coffee table books priced at £340 for a 14" x 10" book with 30 pages, but I'm assuming there's a healthy margin of profit built into that price as others have been cheaper. I only suggested it as whoever makes the books for them will be used to printing single or limited run photo books.

Frizzer
    Free Member

A mate of mine recommended this company to me. They're based in the States but postage doesn't seem too bad and they seem really well priced:

http://www.blurb.com/

Dai
    Free Member

I've just done the photos for a mates wedding and used Snapfish to do the wedding book. It came out very nicely and wasn't too expensive.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I've used photobox and foto.com. Photobox looked crap and fell apart. I've hade 8 off foto.com and they've all been very good (faster service and half the price of photobox too).

They have an excellent downloadable offline editor too (limited to A4 though) which is great if you're adding text and fiddling with layout.

upanddownhill
    Free Member

I can vouch for http://www.blurb.com , had a couple of books made up, good value and postage very reasonable. We did have an issue with the binding on one of the books which broke. We just emailed support and they sent over a new book free of charge.

I've checked out their forums as well and the binding 'issue' has been resolved.

DezB
    Free Member

Photobox looked crap and fell apart.

Really?! I've had a few done with Photobox – the print, paper and book quality were outstanding.

Problem with Photobox is the site – all the **** scripting stuff makes it an absolute nightmare to put the book together.

I've started using Snapfish for photos – they do books too http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/photobookcategory/

huw
    Free Member

http://www.blurb.com/

My wife and I used these guys in the States to make a wedding photograph book out of the photos we had. We were very pleased with the results.

user-removed
    Free Member

Third vote for Blurb – I've tried a good few, including Photobox, Albelli and Snapfish.

The Blurb one had the best print / bind quality and the free software isn't too memory hungry and is very user friendly / intuitive.

movingslowly
    Free Member

I regularly used Blurb and I think they are great…lots of choice and the free software is quite good too.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I've got one from photobox – very good quality. You can turn off their colour correction, which makes for better prints if what you send them is the right colour already.

Having said that, I got it done absolutely ages back, maybe 4 years back, so things might have changed. blurb.com does look like a nice interface.

Joe

stew1982
    Free Member

Blurb are fantastic for the price! or I have heard Loxley are very good, but more expensive!

stumpy01

I did one through Photobox for a mates wedding pressie & it was great.

A friend tried Blurb after a recommendation about how good they were & it was as good, but no better than Photobox.

An alternative – although it's quite time consuming is to get a book from an art shop & fill it yourself with proper prints.
    I did this with a book with nice watercolour paper type pages & a thick black card cover – spiral bound. I got a bit OTT with positioning though, so took ages aligning all the pics & then used the little clear photo corners to stick them in. Probably works out a lot more pricey, but the quality of the images on photo paper is way better than any of these books will come out.

davidrussell
    Free Member

blurb did our wedding albums – superb quality.

davidrussell
    Free Member

blurb did our wedding albums – superb quality.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Having photos made in to a book…’ is closed to new replies.