Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 173 total)
  • HELP!! ANYONE!??
  • Mikey_M
    Free Member

Right, i need 200 pound ASAP!! Thats how much i’m behind in rent this month after loosing my job!!

I have a jump bike that im willing to sell if anyone is interested. pics if interested. Really dont want to lower myslef to sell it for 200 pound but if it comes to it! then ill have to. if anyone wants it then let me know, Thanks.

Anyone have any ideas!?

Mikey.

brack
    Free Member

Thats bad news buddy….Im not in a position to loan you that cash. But don’t go selling what’s dear to you just yet….

The bike might be the only thing that will keep you sane over the next few months.

Good luck.

brack
    Free Member

Where are you by the way?

Mikey_M
    Free Member

Thanks alot. I need all the support i can get!! Its alright though because i have an xc bike too. This is my jump bike im selling. Thanks again, Mikey

Mikey_M
    Free Member

oh, I live in nottingham. Cheers.

brack
    Free Member

Where are you mate?

brack
    Free Member

Ah ok….was going to say that I have a spare room should you be totally desparate. But West Sussex to Notts…nah.

You must have some kit to sell other than a bike?

nigew
    Free Member

Hi Mikey
    I could be tempted by this for my son, any chance of a pic and spec please, email in profile, thanks

Mikey_M
    Free Member

Thanks mate for offering that to me!! but west sussex really is too far. Yes i have a few parts for sale but noone wants them. Why not have alook at my sale thread 😆

brack
    Free Member

The vultures are circling…. 😀

winstonsmith

housing benefit?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I would love to help you out as I want a jump bike right at the moment unfortunately I too have been made redundent. I may try a similar post next month when I have to cover the mortgage without a salary. 🙁

Good luck!

TheSwede
    Free Member

£100 posted for the bike?
    My bad.

Mikey_M
    Free Member

Thanks guys for all the support your giving me 🙂
    TheSwede – you are having a laugh arent you!!? More like 250 posted.

Soup
    Free Member

Ebay some stuff, or maybe a car boot sale. Did one the other weekend and turned up with some cds, dvds few odd bike bits and various crap I didn’t want. Was amazed to make 165 quid! Thought I was going to get about 50 to 60. Worth a go?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’ll donate a quid.

Reckon you can get 199 STW’ers to do the same?…

Mikey_M
    Free Member

Zedsdead – are you serious?! I like your way of thinking 😆 How would you possibly donate a quid to me? That’ll be ace!!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

paypal. Easy peasy.

Mikey_M
    Free Member

Awesome!! would you do that for me? My paypal address is this email btw . HOW AWESOME!! DONATIONS!! 😛

Zedsdead
    Free Member

You are now one quid closer.

Good luck.

Mikey_M
    Free Member

You wont believe how much i am thanking you right now!! your so kind. Thank you very much!! And all the best wishes!! 🙂

Mikey

Zedsdead
    Free Member

No worries Mikey. I’ve been in a few tight spots in my time and I well remember how difficult things can be.

Remember me when you’re famous…

😀

julesf7
    Free Member

I know it’s not why you posted, but I haven’t forgotten that desperation when a skint student. I’m too rubbish a rider to benefit from a jumpbike so thought Zedsdead had the right idea. You’re another quid closer… good luck

Mikey_M
    Free Member

Thank you soooo much!! I love you all!! (within reason 😆 )

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

an idea? well if you want to sell something for £200 a description is an idea, er explain to your landlord whats happened, tell him your good for it then get weaving, do some cash work as in gardening, decorating shifting.what can you do?

brack
    Free Member

Zedsdead you star! I thought of doing exactly the same thing when he first posted..then got distracted.

I lived in the back of a van for a year so now all about hardships in life.

I too will donate a pound.

But I don’t normally give handouts so…..when you are more solvent promise me that the cash you generate here is donated back to a worthy cause of the majorities preference.

So a £1 and RNLI

Mikey_M
    Free Member

SirJonLordofBike – Thanks very much for your support, will start asking around.

Brack – You have no idea how much this means to me. You guys have been so understanding and supportive to me!! i hereby promise that i will give a donation in the future!! Thanks alot, mikey

nigew
    Free Member

The bike wasnt for me but what a good idea Zedsdead!
    Sent you a pound, just do someone a small favour over the weekend in return

Nige

Mikey_M
    Free Member

Thanks buddy!! will do for deffo!! Thanks alot guys for all your support. Only 192 to go!! 😆

RichPenny
    Free Member

Can’t paypal you a quid as I don’t have paypal. Got to second the above though, sort out housing benefit as soon as you can. And talk to your landlord/letting agent, they might be sympathetic to your situation (and if they aren’t it still takes quite a while for them to do anything about it).

andy_hamgreen

has some sleepless nights myself this last year – you may be scamming us but there’s another quid – make sure you pass something on if you get the chance

cheers
    Andy

Mikey_M
    Free Member

Thanks guys again for all your support. I cant beleive you are all doing this!! im so thankful!! I origanally wanted to sell my bike!! or ideas. This means so much to me!! Your right i think i might just chat to my landlord. hes ignorant at best of times though. 🙁

cuspidor
    Free Member

Another couple of quid towards it . Know the feeling too.

Mikey_M
    Free Member

Cuspidor – Thanks alot buddy for contributing towards my rent!! i am so thankful for all of you guys for helping me out. Oh no!! emotions are kicking in!! 😥

project
    Free Member

Mike sorry to be personal, but why are you living away from the family home, and what happene dto borrowing off your family, i well understand that some things must remain personal to you,but do go down the local benefit office and claim jobseekers and housing benefit, the CAB, will help you fill out the forms, if you where local id offer to help , but you are just a name on an internet forum,but i seriously wish you the best of luck.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Have a quid on me mate, best of luck!

pstokes99
    Free Member

Sent a quid – despite the fact you sold the rear mech to someone else 😉

Hope you get stuff sorted.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Have a quid on me mate, best of luck!

Mikey_M
    Free Member

Hey guys. Thank you all so much for the donations and support.

Project – i never really thought about that tbh. my family live in north wales and i hardly ever see or hear from them. My friend told me that because i have lost my job i cannot claim for anything until 6 months later. 😕

peteimpreza

Just sent you a tenner. Good Luck.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 173 total)

The topic ‘HELP!! ANYONE!??’ is closed to new replies.