Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help – DIY Mechanic C0ckup with X9 Shifter
  • KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

In my infinite wisdom I decided to dismantle my right/rear X9 shifter. There was a purpose to this as I was replacing the gear cable. Unfortunately during said tricky operation I decided to fettle, stripping the shifter further and then was dragged away due to work (this is the problem working from home).

Anyhoo, I’m struggling to put the thing back together and could do with some help. The front cover is off as are the two springs. The thumb shifter is off also revealing spring and two random pieces of metal.

I’ve tried the LBS but the usual two mechanic heroes who save me from myself are not there. So, in order to correct this I need some sort of technical document (or link) that details the X9 internal components. The one on the SRAM website and subsequentlly the one I received with the shifters isn’t much use. Anyone?

Jay
    Free Member
    dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I had an x-9 shifter go completely in pieces so bought a new one in the flood sale. this could be really handy. thanks.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Errr, thanks dirtbiker, I’ll consider that as a final option.

Thanks Jay. The shifter being rebuilt is different to the one I have at present although the lever mechanism is similar.

What I have managed to do is piece it all back together apart from the spring shown in the second diagram of step 10.

I’ll keep plugging away.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

I assume Dirtbiker meant the link was helpful for his shifter, not that you should buy a new one!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help – DIY Mechanic C0ckup with X9 Shifter’ is closed to new replies.