Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help re ludlow area riding…
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

hello all,

I am headed down there soon ish and would love some local knowledge or better still someone(s) to ride with for a few hours… I have the OS map of the area and am after some pointers – normally I ride mynd / eastridge / powys when I am visiting the ladyfriend in shropshire but I always seem to overlook ludlow – went there last week for a 'day out' and liked the surrounding hills etc..

cheers

paul

deep_river
    Free Member

I missed this post originally, but if you are in the area again let me know.

I live in the centre of Ludlow, and am available for rides at the weekend. Would be happy to show you the best trails.

Mounty_73

Deep river, I would be up for a Ludlow ride one weekend, if you dont mind…

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Bringewood is where I grew up riding. There are great national quality DH tracks, little nadgery singletrack and you can spend all day there going for an explore. I love it there and still go whenever I'm down south.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I'm heading there for a week from the 10th of this month, would be up for a ride as well, although may not make it at a weekend, as we get there on the friday, and were planning to do the whole food festival thing that weekend.

Simon-E

Usual advice I've seen before is to ask at Pearce Cycles in Ludlow.

zangolin
    Free Member

Mortimer Forest + Bringewood

http://www.multimap.com/s/0QCyhXxH

molgrips
    Free Member

Ludlow is a great place to ride.

You've also got Hopton, and loads of other natural trails to the West. Could spend a lifetime riding within 30 miles of Ludlow.

My parents live there and I went to college there too 🙂 Except that was before Bringewood was developed, and the good trails were all in Mortimer forest.

jimster
    Free Member

Except that was before Bringewood was developed, and the good trails were all in Mortimer forest.

So are the trails waymarked / easy to follow in Bringewood? Used to race there back in the day and it was good fun.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not waymarked, at least not last time I was there. There's a lot of singletrack bits, but it's not a large area. There is much more forest on the other side of the road (to the west) but not as much singletrack. Still worth a look tho. You could ride all of Bringewood in an hour or so unless you are sessioning the DH tracks.

deep_river
    Free Member

So a few people have expressed interest in a ride in the Mortimer/Bringewood forests.

I propose a group ride for Sun 19th am.

I would have to get a pass out for this, as I have a new addition to our family who tends to take up all our time at the mo. If theres enough interest, I'm sure I can wangle a few hours on that Sunday Morning. If anyone wants to make a day of it, maybe they can do the afternoon at Hopton or the Long Mynd?

Mounty_73

I would be up for that, I only live just outside of Cleobury Mortimer. 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Is there a night ride group in the area, pearce cycles?, as I'll be gone home on friday the 17th.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help re ludlow area riding…’ is closed to new replies.