Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • HELP!!!! STOLEN PLEASE KEEP EYE OUT. SCOTT RANSOM, ON-ONE, GORETEX JACKETS
  • Lemon
    Free Member

Hello
    A MASSIVE word of warning to everyone. I have had my Scott Ransom for sale here and on E Bay. Two days ago I had a call from a guy wanting to look over my bike. He wanted to look at it. Unfortunately he did not fancy paying for it!!! and got to my house ahead of me.
    Unfortunately for me he found more than just my Scott Ransom.
    If anyone see's any kit from list below please get back to me.
    Cheers for any help guys and girls
    Lee
    1. Scott Ransom 10 2009, Full Suspension Mountain Bike size Medium (with Truvativ Team carbon bars, Thomson Stem and SDG Seat extra.
    2. Scott Contessa 2007, Full Suspension Mountain Bike size Medium (with USE Carbon Bars)
    3. On One Scandal Single Speed Mountain Bike size Medium (with American Classic Wheels, Avid Elixir CR Brakes, Thomson stem and seat post, SDG Saddle).
    4. Scott Expedition Style Snowmobile Boots size 43
    5. Scott Prophet Gore-Tex Jacket in Black and White size Large
    6. Scott Ace Down Jacket in Blue size Large
    7. Scott Cascadia Yellow Gore-Tex Jacket in Yellow size Large
    8. Scott Unlimited Black Wool Tweed Gore-Tex Ski Pant Size Large
    9. Scott Cascadia Mandarin Print Gore-Tex Jacket in size Large
    10. Scott Air 25 Litre Mountaineering Backpack in Black
    11. Scott Profile Ski Helmet in White with multi coloured Band
    12. Scott Shadow III Ladies Helmet White size Medium
    13. Scott Karma Black Mountain Bike Helmet
    14. Scott Karma Ladies White Mountain Bike Helmet
    15. Scott Broker Ski Goggles
    16. Gore Bike Wear Gore-Tex Windproof Black Jacket size Large
    17. Altura Black Waterproof Cycling Jacket in size Large
    18. Light & Motion Li-ion Cycling Light
    19. 2 x Plastic Containers with spare bike inner tubes, bike lubes, spare discs, spare saddles, spare brake parts, spare tools, various shock pumps etc

tang
    Free Member

SH!T !! will keep my eyes peeled.

Lemon
    Free Member

Cheers the more people know the more likely I may find something, fingers toes, legs, in fact every thing crossed something may pop up at some point.
    I had only just finished building the On-One and ridden it twice!!!!

I am GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tootin

man, I am sorry, ****t must have cleared out your entire garage, they must have used some kind of vehicle so ask ur neighbours if they saw any kind of van park up outside ur house

pitduck
    Free Member

i feel 😥

Lemon
    Free Member

Thanks for all your posts.
    Yes all neighbours contacted,
    a few leads but Police looking into that.

You work hard, buy some nice bits and then some
    ****t comes along and takes it all.

Clearly organised bike crime, makes you wary of selling anything these days now……

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Daft question, but how did they know yet address??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Holy crap, i feel for you mate, that sucks…
    🙁

What area are you in so we know where to look?

Karinofnine

God, what a sickener! My ex's car got stolen the same way. My sympathy.

Lemon
    Free Member

They had to ring me for address.
    Although I said I was about the nerve of them.
    I was in and out so they may have been watching me and waiting for me to pop the shops.
    Does not take em long to get in and out.
    How else do you sell??? without viewings?? A tough call…..
    I now trust no one, which makes me feel sh!t
    Ho hum….
    Think I will do without a bike for the foreseeable future.

Lemon
    Free Member

Hi Peterpoddy

I am Cheshire, this guys e bay account says he is in Staffordshire,
    but that could be a cover up. Clearly organised for taking high end bikes.

there was a Bristol gang organising this sort of thing, so they he could be anywhere

project
    Free Member

Lemon what area or town did it happen in,it does help narrow the search down a bit.

Really sorry for your loses.

Perhaps when advertising things for sale,never ,ever tell the purchaser your home address, always meet at a secure site, preferably with CCTV, then if things go wrong you have the CCTV to fall back on, also a mate with a camera, in another car for backup may be adviseable.

lyons
    Free Member

lemon, you clearly love cycling, dont let this put you off. I feel sorry for you, You must be gutted. Have you got the items insured?

Lemon
    Free Member

Hi Guys
    I am on the Wirral.

In the hands of the insurance now.

When I have clamed down in a few days or is that weeks!!!
    I am sure the love will come back.

Thanks a lot guys

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Mate, I'm sitting here gobsmacked at what you've experienced, and what you've lost.

Really sorry to hear that. Tempted to enquire of political canvassers for the upcoming general election if their party supports the establishment of vigilante death squads as legitimate ways of dealing with the utter scum who feel they have a right to commit this, or any other crime against people.

Anyway, when the love comes back, make sure the wankstain that did this to you doesn't! He'll be wise to insurance replacements and maybe fancy another pop.

Best wishes

deluded
    Free Member

Lemon,

Sorry about your stuff getting nicked.

What's this about a Bristol gang? There was a crew of London bike thieves operating with a specific M.O in Bristol but they got nicked in the summer. Not heard of any specific Bristol gang doing thefts of this sort up your neck of the woods, although I concede it's very plausible. Have you any specific info that's suitable to be aired on this forum?

All the best.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Really sorry to hear of the theft 🙁

But where does something like a Ransom get shifted?

I mean the market for something like that must be pretty small
    Ebay, here, bikeradar and maybe one or 2 others

Or do they strip the parts through ebay and bin the frames as these are the bits with ID/serial numbers

Good luck

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Sheesh that is harsh- I'm juts down the road in Northwich, and work in Warrington… I'll keep an eye out for ya fella..

I've got a 17.5" Cove HandJob you could borrow until yer get yerself squared away if you want??

Lemon
    Free Member

Thanks for offer of loan bikes. But I would not want responsibility,
    but very kind of you.

I am not sure where they will end up.

The singlespeed i built is unique in every way and no two will be the same.

Like some of you have sounded they will probably end up in bits and sold on.

I will keep my eyes and ears to the ground.

cyclistm
    Free Member

scary – I too would give out my address to someone for a viewing.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Sympathy mate but Top Tip here is never give your address out. Meet somewhere neutral with plenty of people around. Its like advertising what you have to steal and a top end bike means there's more there to. We all have more than one bike and loads of gear and kit stashed with the bike.

Sorry I'm sure your gutted, I would be too but I take my security seriously. I wouldn't post me mob number either on a forum.

Lemon
    Free Member

Hi Pawsy_Bear

I totally agree you should not really give out our addresses, but like when you buy a car I would not buy one from outside at the Tesco Car Park as to me that is suss.

A difficult balance between security and not putting peolple pff a sale.

I will when I eventually decide to buy a bike in the future, although I will be leaving it a long time as this has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Thanks anyway for any advice it all helps and the more peolpe talk here the more know

deluded
    Free Member

Lemon.

Forgot to mention mate, but it would be wise for you to assume that they will be back to have another go when the insurance has been settled and you have some new bikes. The statistics are in favour of this. They know the layout of the building etc and what to expect in terms of home security. It's a bit of a grievance expenditure but you will need to ramp up your locks etc.

Register them on http://www.immobilise.com/

All the best.

Lemon
    Free Member

Hi Deluded.

Yes that will be my first point of call.

Although hungry rotweilers are my first on the list!!!

I will be leaving the bike buying for a long time as this has given me such a bad taste…

Thanks a lot

Marmoset
    Free Member

I've put a link to this on the Chester MTB site, hope you get some leads soon.

Lemon
    Free Member

Thanks a lot Marmoset

Lemon
    Free Member

Can I add pictures easily to this post????

Or do I have to do it via a 3rd party???

jedi

they have to be hosted elsewhere

bumley
    Free Member

Lee will post pics for u shortly

Niki

bumley
    Free Member

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Hi mate
    If its any consolation, I also had my bike nicked and believe it or not got it back! A guy on the bikeradar forums saw my stolen post and recognised the bike had been brought into his bike shop for repair, by a scroat who obviously didnt know he was riding £1500 bike. He contacted me and I went round and collected the bike. The guy had came back to the shop threatening the shop guy when he wouldnt give him the bike back, but he stood his ground and locked the bike to the rack in the shop. Guy never came back. I bunged the guy some cash for finding it, and also had to pay for the repairs that it needed, but it was worth it to get the bike back!
    My advice is go round the small low level shops in the area as that is where it may end up for a service etc.

Hope you get it back mate

walla24
    Free Member

god dam it! some people really need more than a good kicking!!! 👿

so sorry for your loss man, dont let it stop you biking.

get out there and shake some trees, you never know how close all your gear could be. good luck mate

fackit
    Free Member

I think people need to stop dishing out the "don't give out your address" advice. It's bugging me and it's not me who's had my bikes n stuff stolen.

Anyway, now i've got that off of my chest, Lemon, have you asked your neighbours if they have CCTV, if not it might be a good idea, knock on doors and ask them, at the same time you could ask them if they saw anything suspicious at all. The smallest of clues can bring the biggest findings.

Also post photos, like you would for a lost pet, and especially round local bike shops with a special mention for the 2nd hand shops and cash convertors, etc…

Really do hope you get your stuff back and these bastards get nailed good style.

Good luck.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Lemon

Gutted for you mate

I'm on the Wirral, where are you? I had a couple of bikes go the end of last year, sickening feeling. Sounds a different bunch of shits though as they left everything else on my garage. Hope your insurance sorts you out quickly, I had new bikes by the following weekend with mine.

Am I mistake or does the Ranson have a Hammerschmit? I've only seen 2 around this way (1's mine and the other is a friends) could be a big help in spotting it.

I'll keep an eye out for you stuff.

Demo day at Llandegla this weekend, not much help but at least you'd get a bit of a free ride in.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Jesus dude, thats shocking!!! Feel for you man…un **** believable!!!!!!!!

Lemon
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone for your posts and for keeping your eyes out.

Cheers Niki for hosting some pictures for me.

And here is hoping something turns up

Cheers

Lee

monkeychild
    Free Member

Absolutely gutted for you mate 🙁 What a kick in the plums. I will keep my fingers crossed you get your bikes back.

takisawa2

You've probably already thought of it, but set up an Auto-Search on Ebay.
    That way your emailed when items matching your search criteria come up for sale.
    Its a long shot but you never know.
    Good luck in getting them back mate.

tinsy
    Free Member

Bum luck.. I had 2 knicked last year, its horrible and you go through all the possibilities, of what you could have done diferent and precautions you could have taken for ages. BUT dont do any of that its not your fault, its the theiving scum.

crazy-legs

As scottyjohn mentions above ^^, go round all the local and not so local bike shops with leaflets/pics etc.

When I worked in a London bike shop we had photos on the wall of the staff area and workshop of bikes reported stolen – we'd usually recover 2-3 a month brought in by some scumbag with the old "It's a mates bike and I'm fixing it up for him" or some such. It was obvious when they didn't have a clue about the bike.

Here's hoping that you get them back.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘HELP!!!! STOLEN PLEASE KEEP EYE OUT. SCOTT RANSOM, ON-ONE, GORETEX JACKETS’ is closed to new replies.