Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • HIT THE NORTH 2 UPDATE….HIT THE NORTH 2 UPDATE…..HIT THE NORTH 2 UPDATE
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

Hit the North 2 WILL GO AHEAD.

We've now got suffiucient entries (almost) to go ahead with the race.
    we've removed some non-essential stuff from the costings which we'll add back in there as and when more entries come in (you know, the 200 or so folk who will enter the week before – gggrrrr).

Anyway, see you there then!

All those that helped with this, we love you.

terrahawk
    Free Member

We're not full, BTW. We still need a load more entries for a 'proper' race.

Harry_the_Spider

TFFT

Still places left. A lot of them.

http://www.hitthenorth.net

Harry_the_Spider

Application for beer tent license has just gone in too!

nbt

Brill news. Looking forward to it. Any chance of an evening preview ride at some point? Need to scout out photo locations (although to be fair I've a couple in mind already)

BigDummy
    Free Member

Very glad to hear it chaps, excellent stuff.

I shall be there with bells on. 😀

tthew

🙂 [homer]Woo hoo.[/homer]

D0NK

I'm sorry, you booked a mountain bike race before you got the beer license?

😉

Hope to see you there – sorry I will be a last minuter if I can make it.

miketually
    Free Member

Ace, we can start with the "What tyres?" threads now!

Nezbo
    Free Member

nice swan 🙂

Good work all 🙂 more spaming needed hehe

Harry_the_Spider

A busy old day in Hit the North land.

This morning we had nothing.

This evening we have:

An event.
    Foothpath closures.
    A license application for the beer tent.
    And we've just had a meeting with the campsite warden and their head marshal.

We are still 20 places short of breaking even and a further 40 or so short of having a ska band in the beer tent.

There is also a chance that this could be the final HtN (for me anyway) so sign up and let's finish in style.

edhornby

So made up 🙂 I'm still trying to get folk on it but I reckon no band wouldn't be the end of the world.

Suburbanlife
    Free Member

Excellent news – will keep plugging HTN2.

Harry/Spider. Is this definitely the last – no Winter Sprinter next Feb then – I thought you'd have plenty of entries for that after the last one?

peachos
    Free Member

when will you close for new entries?

Pook

I'm not doing it this year, but i did do HTN 1 and 1.5, and I can honestly say it was some of the most fun I've had on a bike.

I wasn't saying that at the time, but after, well, it leaves a little warm feeling in my heart.

miketually
    Free Member

HTN 1 and 1.5v2 were great. Really looking forward to number 2.

Anyone else over thinking strategies?

nbt

Anyone else over thinking strategies?

Yep, I'm really struggling to decide which beer to bring, but I'm making progress in other areas as I've borrowed a UWA lens (thanks Saumri!) and am working on Crazylegs to borrow his 50D body

miketually
    Free Member

I'm not bringing any beer down.

I'm going to the local Asda to stock up once I'm there 🙂

nbt

I'm going to the local Asda to stock up once I'm there

Don't cave into The Man! Support your local independent beer store! I'll be using the local off-licence and buying a crate, but then I'll be driving 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

But I know how to get the the Asda near the campsite – two years ago, I bought ten pairs of dry socks from there 🙂

If someone wants to guide me toward the nearest independent ale seller, I'll happily buy there instead. Actually, if you're driving, you could bring me beer 😉

nbt

Can do 🙂

Bunnyhop

I'll bring cake.

miketually
    Free Member

Excellent; there's the two most important aspects of my race preparation/strategy sorted.

Harry_the_Spider

Hit the North – Blimey… Things are progressing.

Today we’ve been put in touch with a potential sponsor (a big one too). So thanks for the introduction Mr Richards.

We’ve informed the Police about the event. We didn’t at the first one and I had a very uncomfortable few minutes being talked at in a panda car, but at least it was dry. Whilst I was getting my friendly telling off I couldn’t take my eyes off all the additional policey buttons that had been stuck on the dashboard in a most haphazard manner. I had to fight the urge to try and straighten them up a bit. A load of coppers and PCSOs actually turned up on their baldy tired bikes at the last race but we wouldn’t let them on the course because we didn’t want our medical staff to be pulling them out of the first ditch. Their sergeant looked most upset. I think he wanted to see a few of them take a dive in the dirt.

Phone call to the caterers in 45 minutes to confirm all of that stuff.

We’ve got to sort out a skip next. At the previous event it was paid for by the campsite, but as their payment will be reduced it falls to us to sort out. So if anybody has a skip that they want to lend us just let me know 😉

The new toilet block at the campsite is almost finished so none of those hideous building site chemi-khazis. Proper flushing sit-down jobs and new showers too. The Queen Mum herself would be happy to go in there and nip one off… if she wasn’t dead that is.

And finally we’ve also discussed making a shrine to dear (and tragically not so old) Frank Sidebottom. A true Manchester legend. They should put a statue up for him and Tony Wilson. Perhaps next to Abe Lincoln or the giant Vimto bottle.

2 days ago this race organising thing was really getting me down. Today I’m all excited again. Doing this is either really sh1t or really ace. I’d be happy for somewhere in the middle TBH.

http://www.hitthenorth.net

terrahawk
    Free Member

2 days ago this race organising thing was really getting me down

really? Was it? I can't say that I noticed. Not at all…

ourmaninthenorth

if you're driving, you could bring me beer

Another pint of Unicorn, Mr McT? 😀

Today I’m all excited again.

Ace. I've already forgotten how much I loathed the mud of the first HtN, almost selling my MTB as a result. Now I'm really rather looking forward to it.. 8)

Harry_the_Spider

really? Was it? I can't say that I noticed. Not at all…

and I thought I hid it well. 😀

peachos – Member
    when will you close for new entries?

When there are no more left. However, if you do it sooner the money will go to reinstating some of the stuff that we've dropped.

Harry_the_Spider

I'm doing a lap on Sunday at about 3:00pm if anyone fancies have a look at the course.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – Member

if you're driving, you could bring me beer

Another pint of Unicorn, Mr McT?

hahahaha!
    nooo, it was definitely the dodgy KFC from piccadilly station what did it…

miketually
    Free Member

lol

miketually
    Free Member

Beer – check
    Cake – check
    Bike – check

What have I missed?

ourmaninthenorth

What have I missed?

You, Mrs Tually, Junior Tuallys, tent, chickens. You know, the usual stuff..! 😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

You pay the bands????

You guys seem to spend an awful lot of money!

deep_river
    Free Member

cant make it this year, but defo next

Harry_the_Spider

soma_rich – Member
    You pay the bands????

You guys seem to spend an awful lot of money!

It was billed as a race with a party attached. It still will be but the DJ is going to have to work a little harder.

miketually
    Free Member

You, Mrs Tually, Junior Tuallys, tent, chickens. You know, the usual stuff..!

I'm not bringing them, but will bring a tent. And myself.

terrahawk
    Free Member

You pay the bands????

quality entertainment in 'costs money' shocker 🙄

Harry_the_Spider

Today's update.

HOTLINES have offered us a load of goodies to give away – Thanks Andy and Brant. Info sent over to them and they'll put something in their blog.

Caterers now up to speed. Bacon barms and tea for the marshals – they will have to pay for anything else. Caterer coordinating with the beer tent people. Which is nice.

Seating for the beer tent and catering area sorted (60ft of benches)

Marshal maps almost finished.

Some of the band are turning up anyway if they can have a free entry as a pair, so there may be a spot of busking in the beer tent.

miketually
    Free Member

Is there a solo tent again? I think I had it to myself last time as no-one else found it. I used it to hang up all my wet clothes to dry.

HOTLINES have offered us a load of goodies to give away – Thanks Andy and Brant. Info sent over to them and they'll put something in their blog.

Hotlines – Andy and Brant – are ace 🙂

Bunnyhop

Why not have a big karaoke machine?

No need for a band then and very amusing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘HIT THE NORTH 2 UPDATE….HIT THE NORTH 2 UPDATE…..HIT THE NORTH 2 UPDATE’ is closed to new replies.