Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • HONC gps files
  • grahamh
    Free Member

For those that have downloaded either the tracklogs trl, or gpx files.
    Can you return to the HONC web site and download them again.

We have just had to amend the route (again) at the last moment,
    so the files available from Monday are no longer valid.

(best wait till tomorrow, allow some time for the files to be uploaded to the website)

grahamh
    Free Member

bump….

andywill

The changes must be very small. I can't see any difference between the first & last route.

grahamh
    Free Member

No, still the old file, it hasn't been updated yet 😥
    Try here Linky where it has.

andywill

Still looks the same. I'll wait a bit before trying again.

patentlywill
    Free Member

Lokks like quite a change in the weather outlook – hopefully a bit less muddy – must be a nightmare designing a route – I'll wait till Saturday before downloading – looking forward to it!

glenncampbell

Have looked at the route from the corrective site and it's pretty much the old one but some less accurate directions (taking a straight line on some bits through a building outside Guiting Power(!!), other than the small section at Salperton removed.

aracer
    Free Member

Bah – all that effort converting the original wasted (too big for GPSU to convert in one go). Unless anybody knows an easier way to convert the supplied files to work with old-fashioned Anquet (V1.2)?

Not that I'm complaining mind, I appreciate the hassles of being a race organisor.

aracer
    Free Member

The file on the HONC site is still the same as before. Only the 100k route has changed on corrective, and as glenn says, the only obvious change is a shortcut at Salperton – I assume the rest of the straight lines are approximations (does at least mean less points so GPSU converted in one go after a little text editing – I now have Anquet arf files if anybody is interested). Means my original printouts should still work.

glenncampbell

Just had an e-mail through from the HONC chaps with a revised map attached – have just deleted the other versions I have and am running with that.

email text here below – looks like we have signposts for the route – YAY!!! See you all there. I'll be near the back . . . 😉

Dear HONC Entrant.

Only a couple of days to go and the weather looks set fair for Sunday. Already the tracks are drying out after all the rain we have had and most of the course should be rideable.

Sign On
    The event starts at 09:00am from Winchcombe School and you should plan to arrive in good time to sign on and get your route maps. You can sign on from 07:30am.

Polo Shirts
    After signing on those of you who have pre ordered a Polo Shirt can collect it by presenting your Control Card at the Shirt Stall. There will be a limited number for sale on Sunday at £10 each.

Lambing
    Lambing seems to be late this year and we have had to make three last minute route revisions at the request of local land owners because of young lambs or pregnant sheep. The route will be marked throughout with yellow and black HONC arrows [u]and you will get a correction sheet at the sign on. The route revisions only affect the 100km route and not the 50km route.
    There are still some fields that will contain sheep and lambs so please ensure the you close all gates behind you.

GPS Route. We have attached an updated .gpx and .trl file for the 100km route (RevB) which superceeds the file originally published on our HONC wen site.

We wish you all a great ride and look forward to seeing you all on Sunday

The HONC Team.

ps don't forget the sunbloc!

grahamh
    Free Member

The new files for the long route have now been
    uploaded to the HONC website.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘HONC gps files’ is closed to new replies.