Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • How bad is Dog Fouling where you are?
  • 0pt1cal
    Free Member

It's on the pavements, the roads, the grass verges and even in the woods where we ride! Is it just me and where I live or is this a problem where you are?

AndyRT
    Free Member

its the weather

lazy owners and not wanting to get their dog muddy.

cookeaa

It’s as bad as anywhere else, kick a Canine in the shins round our way and people just ain’t impressed…

ddmonkey

Bloody nightmare, especially after the snow melted. My kids wnet out to play after the snow melted in our close and within 10 mins the little'un had ridden his trike through one turd and then I know not how or where 10mins later the older one comes back stinking of dog poo as well! How I cursed all dog owners… Local woods are just as bad, get dog poo strike more times than not. Same when I took the children up to Ashridge, sh*te everywhere. HOW I HATE IT WITH A PASSION!!!!! And breathe…

carlphillips
    Free Member

its horse and cow eggs just off my house, dirty horse riders should clean up after there pets

Bregante

is this a problem where you are?

just had a quick look but can't see any on the kitchen floor! not surprising really as I don't have a dog

jojoA1
    Free Member

I have always wanted to go over to the local football field/playing area and put little cocktail stick flags in each and every canine faecal deposit with "Filthy dog owner!" written on it.

It might illustrate how much of the literal crap there is everywhere and make people think twice. I swear if I did it there would be so many little flags, at least one per square metre, the field would look like a miniature re-enactment of Gettysburg or some other enormous field battle.

Drac

Not too bad here but the last few mornings there's been more than normal.

mdb
    Free Member

The bridleway that runs behind our house in Brighton is known as "Dog Sh*t Alley". Its a disgrace. I've stopped taking my two kids along it after one fell over and landed in the stuff. Not to mention getting it all over your shoes or bike.

I'm thinking of making signs at each end of it: "Warning: you are now entering dog shit alley. Please tread carefully."

mdb
    Free Member

Forgot to say, I really LOVE those people who clean up the dogs mess but then hang the bag on a tree or throw it in a bush! What the **** is all that about!!

mtbfix

I remember visiting Perpignan down in S. France some years back and the pavements around the fort there were decorated liberally with the stuff. Every other step had to be placed with caution. Disgusting.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

So what can we really do about it? The council seem powerless and can only promise to keep clearing the street…one day cleaned next day it's covered again…..any thoughts?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

weekly moans to council now got a red bin and bad dispenser that seems to be getting used but some massive dog has a good session now and again and my word what a pile 😕

ski
    Free Member

The number of dog dodo bag trees seems to be growing round here too.

Why?

Please can someone explain why dog owners feel the need to scoop and bag, then bung the lot, half way up a tree?

zaskar
    Free Member

None here I hope -well I'm in the kitchen!

Bristol? occassionally in the run down areas where cycle lanes go through.

Personally I find horse poop worse on the cycletrack to Bath on the bridges where they just cover the bridge fully so walkers or cyclists have no choice to walk through it! 😈

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

irritates me to hell – if the owners can't be responsible enough to pick up their dogs shit, then they shouldn't own bloody dogs.

have to say though, the french are a whole lot worse than we are – bloody disgusting place.

zaskar
    Free Member

In Paris they let them poop everywhere so keep an eye on the ground.

AndyP
    Free Member

Dog fouling?
    the poo side of things? too much.
    the two-footed lunge, studs up, into the diseased little feckers' knees? not enough.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Phillips' post reminded me of how its unacceptable for dog owners to let their dog sh!t and not pick it up but its somehow OK for horse riders to watch their charges expel 3 stone of horse dung in the middle of the road and drive away.

lollipop
    Free Member

On the lane where I live we have a phantom poo bagger that all the neighbours are on high alert trying to catch in action, but so far no luck.

I like the idea of the putting cocktail stick flags in the offending turds. It would be gross to do, but maybe you're onto something. However I suspect it would only be a matter of time before an article appeared in the local paper complaining about littering!

midgebait
    Free Member

Somehow people around our area seem to have expected dog s#it to magically disappear if it was in snow. Now the snow's gone it's everywhere.

There are two sorts of dog-owners. One sort, let's call them people, pick up their dog sh#t. The other sort, for the sake of argument let's call them scum, don't! Perhaps if it was posted through their letter box I presume it would happen less often.

clunker

I always end up cleaning my childrens sh@t off the wellies.

What happened to white dog sh@T

4130soul
    Free Member

none here, but i am sat in my living room so should hope not either!

richc
    Free Member

loads around where I live in Bristol, same as everyone else really, its the minority of **** ignorant people who don't bother and within a short period of time its everywhere.

Makes no sense to me, as ultimately you are going to end up walking in it.

Saying that if my dog shits in the woods and its not on the trail I leave it there as it makes no sense to me to bag it, bin it, and then wait for it to get shipped halfway around the world to go in a landfill.

Ti29er
    Free Member

I have a huge bag of it sitting out on my decking.
    My Toby (14.5 yr old Lab')is incontinent, so each movement goes into a bag and that goes into the big bag.
    I just need to take it to the community tip, or maybe I'll empty it in someones back garden.

Suggestions?

richc
    Free Member

David Cameron's front garden?

oxnop
    Free Member

My dog won't even walk on the pavement as there is too much crap.

gusamc
    Free Member

dog owners have won
    that's why at parks they build an inner fence around the swings etc….

London memory ;+{, footie kit lady stopping washing our Sunday league kit as it had so much dog shit on it

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Horse crap is not nearly so nasty as dog crap – the difference between a carnivore and a herbivore.

Try going to africa – have you see what heffalumps do? Makes horse crap look insignificant.

Coyote
    Free Member

If a dog shits in the street and the owner doesn't clean it up, shoot the dog and ban the owner from having a dog for life. Maybe that'll focus the retards tiny minds.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Horse crap is not nearly so nasty as dog crap – the difference between a carnivore and a herbivore.

tick.

lot less wrong with a heap of grass and hay waste than dog food and meat waste.

richc
    Free Member

why shoot the dog? or do you expect it to carry a bag around with it? sounds sorta like if you catch a cyclist on a footpath you should smash his bike up, and ban him from cycling for life to me (ie: a retarded and stupid idea, that would never work)

redthunder
    Free Member

Everywhere.

If there was no such as Dog Walkers I'd never see a soul out riding.

westkipper
    Free Member

About half of my postal round comprises of 300 or so houses on a run down council estate. Nearly everyone has a big fierce dog, typically a rotweiller, that they let crap wherever.
    When the recent snows melted what was weeks of dogs**t, stratified in two dimensions within the snow layers suddenly melted into one great mass covering every-f**king-thing, paths, grass, paving, just everywhere.
    Mans best friend indeed.

Rivett
    Free Member

I like it when they pick the S@$* up in a bag and then throw it in the hedge.

sherry
    Free Member

Nice to see the animal lovers are out again! Its not the dogs fault its the human owners! Most people are happy to go to the coast and let their children paddle in human sh1te, how odd?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Only in the woods where I like to ride. ggrrrrrr! Here's my artistic contribution, all taken within 10 minutes:

pastcaring
    Free Member

my dog shits in the woods! shock horror :mrgreen:

jojoA1
    Free Member

Horse dung, or indeed cow dung doesn't bother me in the least. It's pretty much just mashed up grass. It hardly smells and it doesn't bother me if I get it on my feet or tyres.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A couple of years ago I ran over a frozen horse poop. Nearly had me off my bike – it was like hitting a block of reinforced concrete.

I did get an explanation from an acquaintance about the dog poop in bags. This is on a local urban mixed use path. The theory he had was that there were no bins anywhere (true) and that people are employed to pick up rubbish along the path ( true) so by bagging the poop and then hanging it on a tree the litter pickerups could collect it easily and he did not hae to carry it home.. Quite frequently someone hangs a carrier bag up and all the poop bags go into that so obviously many people think that way.

Load of poop if you ask me but that is why these people seemed to do it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘How bad is Dog Fouling where you are?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM