Viewing 30 posts - 161 through 190 (of 190 total)
  • How to attack this?
  • mansonsoul
    Free Member

Do we have a street name, so I can google map it and go there and try?

dh
    Free Member

I spy with my little eye…
    sore head material

thv3
    Free Member

Tick tock tick tock………..

Who's going to be first with proof?

wwaswas

anyone?

thebunk

Come on all you tough Glaswegians, it doesn't look that hard from the road!

(bump)

Sirlickalot
    Free Member

Does it take always this long to psyche yourself up?

theflatboy
    Free Member

i was away for the last few weeks and have just remembered abuot this thread. so, what's the deal? OP or anyone else done it yet? 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

He tried, he fell, he cried

HTH

ditch_jockey

I live over in Milton of Campsie, so I went and had a look…

braver man than me if he tries it, but then I've already had the expense of dealing with my teeth looking like the chap on page 1, so i tend to limit my 'hucking' to kerbs in a full facer and pressure suit these days.

theflatboy
    Free Member

can we get confirmation from the man himself that he chickened out permanently? and is it really that bad that nobody will clear it?

thebunk

A week ago he said he was still going to do it..

It doesn't need to be cleared, we just need a video of it being attempted 😈

ads-b
    Free Member

I know photos make things look easy. But come on, its not the hut drop in Morzine, its just a wall in a playground. There must be someone on here with a bike, body armour, and lack of sense who can get there???? I thought Scots were supposed to be 'ard'.

theflatboy
    Free Member

my thoughts exactly!

Woody
    Free Member

Is it really just that bit behind the bus shelter coming down the grass and over the wall? Plenty lower side bits to practice on and build confidence before the big one, which the pic doesn't show as being very big at all.

D0NK

First rule of gnar don't look at it too long or you'll chicken out, and definitley don't look at it from the top. Whats it been now a month? no chance.
    🙂

GW
    Free Member

I know two ex-bmx riders from Torrance, if it's been there long enough pretty sure it'll have been done already 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

No, it's not really that bad, it just has an unpleasant lead-up. See the other thread now… 🙂

I'm sure it has been done already, I never claimed it was impossible, and I'd do it on my trials bike without a worry (either side-hop off it or a slightly scrappy 360 off the front wheel), but to attack it like a trail feature on a suspended bike is somewhat different for me at least!

Donk has it though, I've questioned it too many times now – its easy but somehow it makes me baulk. I will do it though, it's just as and when I get chance to warm up to it.

wors

and I'd do it on my trials bike without a worry (either side-hop off it or a slightly scrappy 360 off the front wheel

hmmmmm

coffeeking
    Free Member

It's been a while, wors, but it's not beyond me (see earlier picture in this thread, bottom of page 3!) though granted from the video earlier I can see why you'd question it!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I live not too far.

My son could do that no bother on his BMX. He's 11.

nbt

ads-b – Member

I know photos make things look easy. But come on, its not the hut drop in Morzine, its just a wall in a playground.

Does the hut drop in morzine have a flat landing and swings in the way? 🙂

GEDA
    Free Member

Would you ride the hut is Les Gets with your seat post showing 25 cm in racer styley?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I live not too far.

My son could do that no bother on his BMX. He's 11.

Bring him along. Does he like his teeth? Being fair to me it's not quite as easy as the camera makes it look, the run up is short, the lip is off-putting, the landing is concrete covered in moss, slippery plastic and swings. The reason I cocked up the small one was in part due to the fact that on accelerating for it I wheelspan on the plastic but I'd committed myself at that point so went for it anyway with clenched buttocks.

GEDA – correct, the seatpost height didn't help but I don't think it was the main issue here, lack of speed and poor technique set me up all wrong for the little one and the bigger one is even harder to get set up for so it's going to take a bit more persuasion on my part. But I promise to keep you updated on my poor progress as soon as my new seatpost arrives 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

having seen that other video i'm not sure you should bother – wait for someone else to do it. 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

having seen that other video i'm not sure you should bother – wait for someone else to do it.

It did cross my mind 😆

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Give me the address and when I get back to the UK we'll head on over.

We'll bring a blanket and sarnies and fizzy pop too!

Is there anywhere else nearby worth a visit for riding? Could make an afternoon of it?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Emailed, and yes I could show you a few spots 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Cool, we know a few too so it will be a good day.

wwaswas

So, has it been done yet?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Thread resurrection- well???- now dont start using a bit of snow and ice as an excuse 😉

Viewing 30 posts - 161 through 190 (of 190 total)

The topic ‘How to attack this?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM