Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How to enjoy Xmas shopping :)
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

Step 1: cycle 17 miles along a quiet backroad up the beautiful Conwy valley …
    Step 2: head for betws y coed, which was bizarrely deserted of tourists or shoppers …
    Step 3: only go round outdoor or bike shops buying presents for family who have the decency to be into outdoor pursuits …
    Step 4: get tempted into buying one or two items for yourself (just cos they were in a sale!)
    Step 5: return home to a fully justified hot mince pie

Enjoy 🙂

peteimpreza

Sounds like a great day out.

Much better than being welded to your sofa and popping flu remedies. 😥

tazzymtb

sue_W that sound ace, would only be made better by a longer ride over to llanberis a mooch around the shops and a pint of tea and a big cake in petes

emma82
    Free Member

Like :mrgreen:

Sue_W
    Free Member

Tazzy – you’re right, a longer ride over to llanberis would have been better – it’s stunning route over to there. But saving myself for round 2 of Xmas shopping tomorrow – 40 mile round trip to a festive fair at an enviroment centre in snowdonia. Much better than t’internet shopping (and I’ll not discuss some of the other alternative options mentioned above!)

Kevevs
    Free Member

Nice one Sue! exactly how Tardis like is that one pannier?! you just bought loads of socks didn’t you? 😉

Sue_W
    Free Member

Hi Kev – the pannier is rather commodious 🙂 how was the rest of your ride – did you head off getting lost above llanrwst?

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah. Up from Llanrwst and back along the B-road, just kinda relied on my intermittent built-in compass!

I do all mine online.

Not enjoyable, but at least I don’t have to enter shops.

epicyclo

Wander around town in a zen like state, and instead of saying “omm, omm, omm…” going “yes dear, yes dear, yes dear…”.

Only mental effort required is remembering my PIN number frequently.

Easy. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Have you got any socks for me, Sue?

I need new socks. Kev’s parents’ dog, Stupid Dog™, nicked a pair. 🙄

juiced
    Free Member

the best way is to get pressies for the kids only..

Sue_W
    Free Member

Sorry Elfin, no socks! And somehow I get the feeling that the winter running tights I bought would be rather too short (unless you happen to be a diminuative 5′!)

nearly cracked on the ride back and scoffed the delicious Christmas cake fudge I’d bought as a present, but managed to resist … Although a muesli bar wasn’t half as nice

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m sure I could squeeze into them. I am quite svelte. 😉

tazzymtb

you would look lovely in tights 😀

rickmeister

How to enjoy xmas shopping?

1. Dont.

Ho bleedin ho…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How to enjoy Xmas shopping :)’ is closed to new replies.