• This topic has 51 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by derp.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • HTC Desire or Iphone 4
  • derp
    Free Member

we both prefer the ‘open architecture’ drag/drop of the dhd.

Tell her I will offer £100 for her iPhone 4.

Cutting my own throat offering that much! 😉

maxray
    Free Member

Apples dominance in the smart phone market has made web developers use flash less

I don’t think you can credit Apple as the reason for the development of css3 , html5 etc!

MrSmith – Member

so just as bad as an apple fanboy.

how do you know if somebody has an i-phone?
    they show it to you.
    how do you know if somebody has a nexus/desire/android phone?
    they show it to you to prove they don’t have an i-phone.

Are you for real?

Or do you not actually leave your house, or actually meet people in real life. perhaps people round your way keep their phones in their pockets at all times?

Every other man, his children and dog has one and you know full well that they do. And the majority seem to feel the need to wave them about all over the place.

Perhaps Desire owners have a bit more class and discretion?

derp
    Free Member

I don’t think you can credit Apple as the reason for the development of css3 , html5 etc!

Maybe not the initial development, but Apple, and Google, moving towards HTML5 over Flash has pushed many developers to take up the newer standards. Otherwise they are cutting out a sizeable swathe of their possible audience.

Perhaps Desire owners have a bit more class and discretion?

Heh.

I’m not sure what all the fuss is about having to make countless setting adjustments to Android either.

Mine just worked. Only thing I felt the need to tinker with was battery saving settings, but Juice Defender does all that for me. admittedly the battery is poor out of the box, but it’s sorted now. At least I’ll be able to change it when it’s fried eh?

derp
    Free Member

At least I’ll be able to change it when it’s fried eh?

The whole replacement battery thing is a bit of a tricky one really. I mean, has anyone had a phone long enough for the battery to degrade to a point where it will get ‘fried’? Ownership cycles are usually 1-2 years I would have thought, so while its a bit of a shitter the phone will probably be lost, damaged, sold or upgraded before the battery goes.

….oh and obviously this ignores the fact if you don’t have hammers for hands you can change the battery yourself anyways.

….or of course get Apple to do it for you.

deluded
    Free Member

I rather regret contributing to this thread.

st

Thanks for the comments everyone but have any of the more recent posters actually bothered to read my original post? Architecture is about buildings and sh1t like that. With the best will in the world I don’t need to know about all that kind of stuff.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Or do you not actually leave your house, or actually meet people in real life. perhaps people round your way keep their phones in their pockets at all times?

in my line of work i don’t meet anyone without a macbookpro and an iphone.
    there is no point in showing them to anyone because everyone has one already.

GrahamS

OP: Now I like the Desire on the whole but do find a few things annoying… inability to play videos from some websites Mpora/Dirt being the prime example

Dirtynap: IOS will not play flash thats why most video do not play. Ask Apple as to why.

Anyone spot the slight non sequitur here? 🙂
    Fwiw Mpora videos play fine on the iPhone (they are html5) and there is also an mpora iPhone app.

Strange then, that when using IE 64bit (that doesn’t support Flash/Adobe haven’t updated Flash to 64bit), I come across all sorts of stuff that won’t play.

Strange when I use a Flash-blocked PC, as all mine are, I rarely deactivate it. The only site I can think of that uses Flash which I might want to browse on a phone is the BBC News, but they have a dedicated iPhone app anyway that is much friendlier.

I reckon around 99% of useful flash use on the web is just to serve up H.264 encoded video – which is quickly giving way to html5 video and which the skyfire browser can usually play anyway.

I really don’t miss flash. If it could be added and wasn’t a huge security hole, didn’t crash the phone and wasn’t a massive drain on the battery then I would happily accept it (though I still want to be able to turn it off).

sam42
    Free Member

Just got a desire HD, nice phone but the battery life is a bit short, it’s not as nicely packaged as the iphone but functionality wise it’s great, it doesn’t seem to get on well with my imac at home, but that could be something to do with the legal action between the two companies…

EDIT- have we had “charles bronson was asked why he didn’t use an iphone… he replied- it’s the same reason i don’t use tampons”

derp
    Free Member

have we had “charles bronson was asked why he didn’t use an iphone… he replied- it’s the same reason i don’t use tampons”

They won’t fit?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire or Iphone 4’ is closed to new replies.