Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Hummer / Ti 456 head to head
  • Big-Pete
    Free Member

Which mag and when, or was I dreaming??

takisawa2

Dont know about a head 2 head, but I’m sure WhatMTB tested a Ti456. I’ll see if I’ve got it…

Yetiman
    Free Member

MBR did a Ti frame test a couple of months ago but I believe they left out the 456 much to Brants dismay. It was the Hummer, Soda and two others I think.

Wally

click on the link and then the Ti456 header for the full review.
    I got one and did not regret it.

Wally
    Big-Pete
    Free Member

Seen both the above ta, looking like I was dreaming.

Wally

Others were Sola and Charge duster?

Daffy

Weren’t the two Ti hardtail reviews:

Hummer, Soda, Sevanto, – In this test, the Ti456 was delivered too late to compete, othewise it would’ve won.

Duster, Soda, Sola, Hummer?

You need to ride them mate. You’ll only decide by riding. The Ti456 needs ridden different to the Hummer. You apparently need to ride the front end more……whatever that means.

Harryburgundy
    Free Member

Dunno why you would spend £1K on these frames when you could buy 2nd hand and get a potentially better frame…..I have a Hei Hei and a friend has a mint Tanasi with CK headset and carbon post for way less.
    Just a thought

Big-Pete
    Free Member

I havnt seen an abundance of 20″ Hummers or Ti 456 for sale :o( which is a shame cos it looks like the hummer is dead following cove falling out with Litspeed and Brant is out of 20″ 456

andygreener

I would like a rather lovely ti frame a la cove or on-one. Think charge would be the first choice having borrowed Abi Greenways duster once..lovely bike.

I am not really able to afford a shiny new frame, and not many people seem to be selling there pre-loved ones. Annoying or what

Big-Pete
    Free Member

There is a cracking raw ti Morning Glory up for sale on Classifieds in 19″ from memory 😉

scaredypants

“cracking” – do you work in marketing ??

Daffy

I’ve managed to buy all of my frames seconds hand so there are bargains to be found, Last year I found:

2008 19″ Hummer
    2008 19″ Soda
    2008 18″ Ti456

No money lost so far… *touches all visible wood*

johnners
    Free Member

“cracking” isn’t the best way to describe a Ti frame if you’re trying to sell one…

Clink

Somebody did do a head-to-head review I’m sure – it was some riders based somewhere on the south coast. There was info /link to report either on here or BR / BM forums. Not much help I know – but I remember reading it.

JoeBones
    Free Member

My mate has a Ti 456, he says its a right noodler

the_lecht_rocks

lol @ joebones.
    i have both the hummer and ti456.

the hummer is shorter with a higher BB. drops better and manuals better , that’s about it really.
    the ti456 rides better, does trail better, needs a 140mm fork, and lots of spacers so you can really man-handle the front end and let the back skip aboot. i use DH CNT Easton bars on mine for massive leverage. it really likes to get stuck in.
    the Ti456 is more compliant than the hummer, and as such rides rock better too. however, it is less a play bike, more trail orientated.
    if i rode trail centres, the ti456 would be all the bike i’d ever need. simple as.
    but the hummer is still a great ride, just different – less forgiving and in some ways more technical to ride fast.

richc
    Free Member

Big Pete, you never got back to my thread reply (and I have no way of getting your email address)

Got any pictures, as well as details on the geometry/weight of that frame?

r6ymy
    Free Member

Brightonmtb posted a link to a review he wrote of Ti456 and a Soda on the old forum.

r6ymy
    Free Member
    brant
    Free Member

What I like is that the Duster, the Soda, the Hummer and the Ti 456 are are quite different beasties, and you can pick according to how you ride.

andygreener

Daffy, that is a rather lovely collection of ti. You are pretty lucky especially as they are all ’08. Now only if someone fancied selling their ti 16″ bike/frame for a bargain basement price of say £600. Hello? Anyone at all?

r6ymy
    Free Member

Andy, they do come up. I sold my 16″ Soda in September for just over £600.
    Someone on here was selling a 16″ Ti 456 about a week ago, don’t know how much it was going for though.

the_lecht_rocks

brant – how the hell did you come up with a leaf-spring acting top tube, a direct input steering head tube, compliance in the stays and a ride quality that defies belief ?

tell me the whole ensemble was a flook otherwise, you may be accused of being a genius……….

andygreener

Yeah I saw the one being sold, too rich for me at 900 squid. If I had that kind of money to spend on a frame i’d buy a new ti 456. I’ll keep looking

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I think t_l_r wants to kiss Brant on the bottom……. ewwwwww 😉

nickc

I’m not touching Daffy’s visible wood…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Hummer / Ti 456 head to head’ is closed to new replies.