Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • I actually hate a computer program
  • peachos
    Free Member

Adobe Contribute to be precise…it just doesn’t do what you want it to do!

Frustrating.

Anyone recommend a good alternative? Pref cheap or free.

molgrips
    Free Member

If this is your first time then you’ve clearly never used Lotus Notes. People have always whined about it but I always assumed they were being nerdy nit-pickers. But no, it really is gob-smackingly stupid.

scaredypants

maybe you should say what you want it to do ?

float
    Free Member

final boss = MATLAB 😡

surfer
    Free Member

If this is your first time then you’ve clearly never used Lotus Notes. People have always whined about it but I always assumed they were being nerdy nit-pickers. But no, it really is gob-smackingly stupid.

+1 it is actually staggeringly bad!

andytherocketeer

Lotus Notes… it really is gob-smackingly stupid

Yep. The client is officially the most annoying, user-unfriendly, inconsistent piece of “software” that I’ve ever had to use.
    If I cba, I’d be able to open 100+ bug reports and feature/improvement requests in a day. But i’ve got more important things to do.
    All IMHO.

cranberry
    Free Member

Lotus Notes is called Bloated Goats* here. Actually using a bloated goat for internal communication would probably be an improvement.

*apart from some who use the Dutch “Klotus Notes” ( Faeces Notes )

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

final boss = MATLAB 😡

+1 !

samuri
    Free Member

Lotus Notes

ARRRGGH!! You’ve re-opened up a portion of my brain I thought was closed for ever. Ooh god I can feel my shoulders hunching already, gah! The headaches are back! NOOOOO!

tracknicko
    Free Member

If it’s not IES then it’s not the worst.

FACT

brakeswithface

MATLAB -1.

ArcGIS is my pet hate. It’s wonderfully powerful and all, but how a piece of software on version 9.3 can still be so woefully unstable is beyond me.

mudshark
    Free Member

I find Word annoying to use for something that’s used by so many people; it gets very confused with formatting sometimes.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Anything made by Northgate gets my vote

andyl
    Free Member

oops, wrong tab.

CaptJon
    Free Member

ArcGIS – menu to sub-menu to dialogue box to tab to other dialogue box to drop down menu to dialogue box to list to dialogue box to the thing you want to change.

warton
    Free Member

synergy is terrible, a version control system we use

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Contribute is old and out of date. Ditch it and use something like WordPress to deliver CMS.

But I hate anything to do with Microsoft Office Suite.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ok – how about this? I used excel to generate an SQL script from some data. I coped the rows and tried to paste them into an email. Now remember, this is text – JUST text.

Notes thought about it for a bit and pasted some kind of weird OLE embedded spreadsheet window into the email, which wasn’t wide enough so it cut the edge off. There’s no ‘paste special’ command that I could find to paste just text.

So I resized the window using the grab handles, and guess what happend? It MADE THE TEXT BIGGER! Didn’t show any more, just expanded the whole thing! W T F?

peachos
    Free Member

Contribute is old and out of date. Ditch it and use something like WordPress to deliver CMS.

yeah i have another website which i manage using WP and it’s so much easier!

all i wanted to do was stick a photo up with some kind of alignment…left, right, middle any would do! bloody piece of junk software!

So I resized the window using the grab handles, and guess what happend? It MADE THE TEXT BIGGER! Didn’t show any more, just expanded the whole thing!

it does this kind of thing a lot too…

joemarshall
    Free Member

Anything made by Northgate gets my vote

Just checking, you don’t work in police / fire or ambulance control or analysis by any chance do you?

konabunny
    Free Member

I’m about to start working for a firm that a) uses Lotus Notes for email and calendaring and b) has JUST upgraded to Word 2007. This is a company where 90% of the “product” is made by people sitting creating documents and sending emails.

Ffffuuuu…

xiphon
    Free Member

We’re still on Office 2000… *cough*

The cost of upgrading to 2010 is around £9k.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I have to smack my head against the wall every morning to numb the pain of having to use Notes.

ebygomm
    Free Member

> Anything made by Northgate gets my vote

Just checking, you don’t work in police / fire or ambulance control or analysis by any chance do you?

Nope

binners

I’ve recently had the dubious pleasure of joining a company who use Lotus Notes. Sweet Jesus!! The only piece of software that could make Microsoft look like the cutting edge of software solutions, super efficient, bug-free and easy to use.

Luckily it ran for about 5 minutes before crashing terminally on Mac OS 10.6, allowing me to announce to the office that I am now uncontactable via email and they’ll have to come and see me if they want owt

Its a win/win. Thank you Lotus Notes 😀

zokes
    Free Member

SAP should win hands down….

BigJohn

I take it none of you has tried to get a route into a Garmin Edge 705.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have done so with a 305. It’s easy – with tracklogs.. I binned the Garmin software 🙂

sadmadalan

+1 for SAP. Too many hours spent trying to find information from a user interface that pre-dates the Ark

uwe-r
    Free Member

I see your Lotus Notes and raise you to CC Mail!

konabunny
    Free Member

We’re still on Office 2000… *cough*

The cost of upgrading to 2010 is around £9k.
    Per user?

I should say that it’s a very expensive (not that it gets back to me, really) megafirm.

It’s madness that so little is invested in our main “tool”. Put it this way: if the office post boy needs a new van for 30 grand, they don’t blink. But they will not spend money on laptops and BlackBerrys for expensive consultants that travel on business constantly and earn money by typing knowledge. It’s crazy.

andytherocketeer

I binned the Garmin software

me too, but I used GPS Babel, although admittedly that was for eTrex rather than Edge, but I assume it’s all the same (command line ftw 😉 )

xiphon
    Free Member

£9k is for staff of 20. We need MS Access, so we have to get the ‘Professional’ edition of office. And we need Visio too…

molgrips
    Free Member

Definitely use Tracklogs then – it’s ace.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Word.

I wish to KIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! it.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘I actually hate a computer program’ is closed to new replies.