Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • I am growing a beard… who's with me?
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

I have decided to grow a beard… I know you are probable not intrested, but is anyone else starting growing a beard?

here is mine about a week old:

greenboy
    Free Member

It look ginger!

cynic-al
    Free Member

First time I am guessing? I'll prob grow one in winter again.

greenboy
    Free Member

It looks ginger!

Nezbo
    Free Member

I am a red head so why wouldn't it be!!!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yay, snuggly manfest :o)

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I had a beard but read that and went and shaved it off.

Nezbo
    Free Member

cynic-al – na grew one a while back but naver managed to get it like great rocks (ED)

RealMan
    Free Member

That's pretty pathetic after a week. Unless its a bad picture, it hardly looks like anything is there.

Have you got a nichemobile? Or at least a SS?

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Jonny-come-lately

Nezbo
    Free Member

richiethesilverfish – just so you can grow a new one 🙂 ???

Drac

A week? Have your bales dropped yet?

duntmatter
    Free Member

Looks like he is too.

IHN

I've not shaved for a week 🙂

Nezbo
    Free Member

RealMan – i know 🙁 it is pathetic but it's the best i can do :'( and done even ride a SS (any more) :'(

RealMan
    Free Member

Well at least you must have a marin?

Nezbo
    Free Member

no not even a Marin, but i do have an on-one and a CX bikes…

GrahamS

Nezbo: you need to eat more red meat or something – your "beard" is my five o'clock shadow (except ginger) 😆

RealMan
    Free Member

Maybe we should start beardytrackworld. Everyone posts a picture of their chins ever week and we compare and admire.

miketually
    Free Member

Careful, the January beard thread on here last year has resulted in me being a beardy weirdy.

No hands! by miketually, on Flickr

alpin
    Free Member

i grew two beards over the summer. guiding and living in a van meant that it was too much hassle to shave and it added to my rugged mountain man image.

only shaved when i got near to an electric razor, and even then only down to a number 2. shaved again the other day as i don't think my mum would recognise me when i see her next week.

RealMan
    Free Member

i grew two beards

I'm assuming you need a double chin for that.

DezB
    Free Member

Not a chance in hell!

alpin
    Free Member

or shave it off and let it grow again….. wanted to let it grow for the whole summer, but the GF didn't recognise me when i saw her first time after two months and thought that if i wanted to sleep in her bed then the beard had to go.

Drac

thought that if i wanted to sleep in her bed then the beard had to go

She'd let her self go au naturale then while you were away then.

Mounty_73

I have not shaved for 6 days, had a lazy week… so it looks a bit like a beard… does that count ? 🙂

Nezbo
    Free Member

Yep… Mounty_73 – that is what i did and just now decided to grow a beard.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I've got a Brazillian.

Mounty_73

I let mine grow, then it gets to a certain point and it starts to itch, then it gets shaved off……………and yes I am talking about the beard! 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Beard for 5 years now, sadly trimmed occasionally

theflatboy
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member

I've got a Brazillian.

what's his name?

TiRed

+1 for ginger beard. Had mine since Jan. Get a Remington beard trimmer. I keep mine at a designer stubble-like 3-4, sometimes longer.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I rarely shave – just use an i-trim stubble trimmer. Works quite well. As I'm lacking in hair, I look like a baked bean when clean shaven, so only when smart only. Only recent pic example I have is the AWESOME yacht driving one – not posting that again!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Why not wait until 'Movember'? That way you have an excuse for looking a bit of a prat/paedo…. clicky

coffeeking
    Free Member

It's so frikken itchy I can't get past about 4 days, and I grow less than the OP!

momo

I've not shaved for about 5 years, trim it down every week or so, I too suffer from GBS (Ginger Beard Syndrome)

trail_rat
    Free Member

jebus – even i do better than that after a week ….

i was sporting 4 weeks of growth – due to forgetting to pack a razor…..

found some scissors last night and attacked it ! maybe back to 2 weeks growth again ! another 4 weeks before i can get to a razor that doesnt cost me 20 quid

miketually
    Free Member

It's so frikken itchy I can't get past about 4 days

It's itchy for a day or so, then it's fine. I've not shaved properly since the January Beard thread, just use a trimmer to go really short every so often (usually when I have to actively dry my beard after a shower) – no itching since the first week.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Four days growth from clean shaven – and yes, it's mostly grey now aged 35. Dammit.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I too suffer from GBS (Ginger Beard Syndrome)

All men have it. Even an Iranian friend of mine, with typical jet-black hair and beard, has a few ginger ones in his beard. There'll be denials, for sure, but all men have a dash (or two) of ginger…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘I am growing a beard… who's with me?’ is closed to new replies.